Trial - Ross Harris #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilgore talks so softly that i can barely hear him.

The recording did make Leanna more sympathetic, IMO. She did seem genuinely in shock.

I can't fathom how Leanna thought they were rude to her, though. They were gentle, IMO.

I agree.

Also, if you look at any of Dr D's media interviews, he always speaks very fondly of his 'team' of former clients. They have created a PSA team, called Cars and Kids, or something like that, and they ALL work as advocates for this group. They go to schools/community centers to speak and educate the public about the dangers of FBS. They counsel other parents who were the 'victims' of FBS. They are frequently interview on tv/radio/press about their past ordeals with the trials and the grief from the tragedy, etc.

Dr D speaks very highly of this 'team' of FBS survivors. He always uses them as a frame of reference for others who may disbelieve the possibility it can be innocent. And he points out how GREAT these clients were in their lives as spouses, parents, workers, etc etc. And how amazing they are now in terms of how they are moving forward in their lives, with their spouses, families, bosses, etc.

So I really do not think he wanted to introduce Ross Harris into this little team of advocates. I think it may have harmed their credibility, jmo.

That seems so unjust... If it can happen to anyone, then it can happen to slimeballs like Ross too.

The prosecution is now playing another recording. This one is of Leanna sitting in the car with detectives.

It’s difficult to hear but it sounds in the background that Leanna is talking on the phone potentially to a friend or family member.

The detective explains that they are waiting on a search warrant.

“I have three animals,” she said. Two cats and a dog.

Stockinger tells Leanna he’ll take her to the police department where Harris also is.

To be fair, I can see how anything short of taking her directly to Ross would be considered mean and rude to Leanna, so her interpretation isn't all that surprising. It's what she wanted and LE basically said no. What I could never get past though was her not demanding to see her son. But I guess that's just me...

That seems so unjust... If it can happen to anyone, then it can happen to slimeballs like Ross too.

But they probably don't want any of his slime to rub off on them.

The public is already distrusting of the FBS theory. One of the main things they have in their favor, is that there is literally no motive for any of them to have done it on purpose. But Ross brings a lot of baggage and the possibility of a motive. So they need to keep their distance. jmo

To be fair, I can see how anything short of taking her directly to Ross would be considered mean and rude to Leanna, so her interpretation isn't all that surprising. It's what she wanted and LE basically said no. What I could never get past though was her not demanding to see her son. But I guess that's just me...

My first reaction would be to see my son, but there are formalities LE needed to do before bringing her to Ross (at her request).

The defense is cross-examining Stockinger.

Kilgore said he wants to talk about the measurements he took of the life-sized doll. Stockinger said he took the measurements last night.

How did you decide where on this doll’s head to measure? Stockinger said he used the biggest portion of the doll’s head by just how it looked.

What is the purpose of this rebuttal testimony? I just tuned in to WAT and wasn't following this morning. Thanks.

I trust the jury. I know it's not a mental path travelled much here, but what if it WAS an accident? Just suppose. And what the public has been reading about - for the first time - is weeks worth of trial that at least opens up the possibility they got it wrong.

Only to have, this, days before closing , to have whatever this unverified thing being brought up as the"smoking gun." Ugh

First, I know you don't mean to, but the bbm implies people here who don't think it was an FBS accident obviously didn't travel down a mental path (as you did) towards accidental before coming to their conclusion. We just closed our minds without truly considering it. Most have traveled down multiple mental paths before deciding what we believe. To say "I know it's not a mental path travelled much here" implies we have just jumped to the conclusion of guilt without thinking about it the way you have. And that's...well, insulting. And I know you don't mean it that way, I really do, but it can read that way, which, well, it reads like you think we're wrong for the way we lean because clearly we haven't really considered what you have.

To your main point, it's how the media operates always. He was granted his change of venue. Fair's fair. I personally can't get my panties in a twist that Ross's dirty laundry has been thrown hither an yon by the media. If he hadn't lived his life the way he'd been living it, there'd be no dirty laundry (some of it criminal) to air. IMO. :)

Media gets some things wrong. They sometimes get it right. They sometimes skew their reporting to fit an agenda, be it social, legal, political. The majority of Americans take the current US media with a huge grain of salt, this case included.

testimony continues:

You don’t have any evidence today that this is exactly how Cooper looked in the car seat on two particular days that the defense has photos of, Kilgore asked. No, Stockinger said.

Stockinger said he had no knowledge about how the life-sized doll was placed in the car seat for a digital scan that was taken of the interior of the car. You didn’t know if it was slouched or sitting up straight and tall, Kilgore said.

I agree, her only concern was to see Ross.

What is the purpose of this rebuttal testimony? I just tuned in to WAT and wasn't following this morning. Thanks.

It seems they wanted to rebut the DTs assertion that the doll used was the wrong measurements, especially the head size.

Also, they seemed to be rebutting the DTs assertion that the detectives were rude and cold towards Leanna.

"I honestly don't know what she was in ".

Not any shock he's ever witnessed. He's believable IMO. I think he used the word shock because he was confused about what she was doing- nothing like he's ever experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are at her house now in the recording. I don't hear anything but him being cordial, so far

No, they were at the Treehouse. The next recording was them in the car on the way to the house. Then LE says they need a search warrant first so they will take her to Ross.

Kilgore seems a little desperate to crack this guy.

He still seems a little off, IMO.

Looks like Kilgore can be just as condescending and arrogant as some say Boring can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member