Trial - Ross Harris #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
continued testimony:

On the phone with her mother, Leanna asked her mom to get somewhere safe.

“Did you take that to mean she was kind of worried about her mom’s safety?” Kilgore said. “It was obvious,” Stockinger said, although he added that he didn’t know what was in her mind.

On the recording, you can hear some whispering, some sighing, some sniffling

“She was faking it all for you?” Kilgore asked.

Stockinger said he couldn’t answer that but that “I am 100 percent she was not emotional.”

In his 20-plus years as an investigator, including being the lead detective on a case where a child died, Leanna is the first parent he’d seen that wasn’t hysterical, Stockinger said.

Stockinger said her only concern was to see Harris. Didn’t she asked about what happened? Kilgore asked. Yes, Stockinger said. But he said she never asked to see Cooper, only Harris.

Kilgore pointed out that Leanna appeared to be concerned about her mother.

Cop on the stand looks like he is going to blow a gasket--kind of unhinged. Not a good look

The state rests. The judge giving some instruction to the jury.

I assume she will talk with the attorneys next. That should be very interesting.

I think Kilgore was angry the State called this witness. imho

Kilgore pointed out that Stockinger asked Leanna if she was in shock. Stockinger said he shows compassion to family members who have lost someone. He was also trying to start a dialogue with her.

Leanna left her car still running on the curb with her purse in the car, Kilgore said.

On the recording, Stockinger was talking to a lieutenant, not the lead detective in the case.

Seems like all of Kilgore's arguing over Leanna's perceived lack of emotion just drives home the point to the jury that to a seasoned LEO Leanna wasn't acting in the way he had experienced with other parents. I don't think I would have put a spotlight on that but I'm not a defense attorney, lol.

So now we've heard from both Ross and Leanna that it was their biggest fear. On tape. No lying by detectives. Their own words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like all of Kilgore's arguing over Leanna's percieved lack of emotion just drives home the point to the jury that to a seasoned LEO Leanna wasn't acting in the way he had experienced with other parents. I don't think I would have put a spotlight on that but I'm not a defense attorney, lol.

Well this was before her meeting with Ross at the station where she pleaded with the police to release him "because he didn't do it on purpose" and when she asked Ross, "did you say to much" among a bunch of other shocking things to say. She also never asked to see her son, which I find VERY ODD. If any family member dies, I know I want to see for myself.

If you really think about her actions, her tone, and her speech in those few hours, I agree she should have been put under a spotlight.

Staley Clark is dismissing the jury for today.

Closing arguments will begin Monday morning.

The judge will now meet with the attorneys to discuss next steps.

Court will resume Monday at 8:30 a.m.

So I don't get something. DT brought it up on cross. They asked if this witness knew what position cooper was sitting in. Whether it was hunched down of sitting straight and tall. It's been a little while for me, but I believe cooper was in a 5pt harness. In a 5pt harness they can't slouch down and have to sit tall and straight because there are buckles and straps holding them in tight....am I crazy wondering how this is even an issue considering the seat ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So now we've heard from both Ross and Leanna that it was their biggest fear. On tape. No lying by detectives. Their own words.

And yet this is how their child died.

Seems like all of Kilgore's arguing over Leanna's percieved lack of emotion just drives home the point to the jury that to a seasoned LEO Leanna wasn't acting in the way he had experienced with other parents. I don't think I would have put a spotlight on that but I'm not a defense attorney, lol.

Depends... If the jury think LH had nothing to do with her son's death yet was acting in a strange, unsympathetic, suspicious manner; then maybe RH could be innocent of malice murder and yet still act in a strange, unsympathetic, suspicious manner.

I think Kilgore was angry the State called this witness. imho

I think the main thing this witness did was verify the measurements of the doll and the dolls head. The DT had tried to say that the doll's head was too big and the State was being dishonest.

He did what the DT had asked another detective earlier----to take a picture of himself making the measurements---as a way to verify it. So this detective did that. Very smart on their part, imo.

Then Kilgore tried to show that the detective didn't know how to correctly measure the doll's head. Tried to say there was some correct method of figuring out exactly where to measure to do the comparison. But I am not sure he was successful in shaking the assertion that the Doll was the same size.

The evidence that MOST shook up and scared the DT was the doll in the car seat, when the jurors went and looked at the car. I think that was devastating. Especially if it was true they were crying. So Kilgore desperately wants to prove to them that the doll was way bigger than little Cooper. But I think this rebuttal witness did his job on that one.

Not just that, but she said "we talk about it a lot." Of course we don't know how certain pieces of evidence will impact a jury, but this is not a great thing for the defense.

I actually think the recording being last was pretty smart for the state. One last reminder that Cooper died in a way they both feared, despite talking about it a lot. Not only that, but they are statements the defense can't refute. Not bad for the state, IMO.

The correct way to measure a child's head is at the largest part. Good to know his measurement was actually smaller than coopers head. For some reason I thought it was 1/2 inch larger (the doll). So for that I am glad they called this witness to clarify it again.

We are back, meeting of the attorneys and the judge:

[video=youtube;U-OUdKaerkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-OUdKaerkM[/video]

So we found out that the detectives didn't lie... but LH did.

I'm glad we got to hear the tape, Detective was spot on.

No questions from Leanna at all about Cooper, simply 'are you gonna tell me what happened'. When told, not even so much as a 'my poor baby'? Nah.

She lied on that stand about the detectives, he volunteered the info where Cooper was being taken, and where her beloved Ross was. Stockinger was nothing but kind to her.

Surprised at the poor finish by Kilgore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20