Trial - Ross Harris #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

That isn't even in the top 10 for me, honestly. It really is a rare thing to occur.

Most of my "top fears" are things that kid dying in a car accident, getting hit by a car while playing, etc.

Exactly.

Your biggest fear for your child consists of things that are out of your control.

But lets admit.

Have you ever worried that you may forget your child strapped in your car for 8hrs?

Its never puzzled me why leaving Cooper in the car would be a big fear of Leanna's. She has described RH as someone who is forgetful, gets easily distracted, who needs frequent reminders to do things, etc. I think her experience with him over the years caused her to worry that if there was a husband out there who could forget a child in the backseat, it was hers. My guess is that this is something they discussed with each other.

But he could see his baby...while driving...when Cooper was dead...when he changed lanes? Just must not have ever turned his head to the right even the little-bittiest while driving from CFA to work, I guess. I suppose when making a U-turn, he looked left, then left, then left again? Just crossed his fingers, closed his eyes and hoped for no oncoming traffic? :waiting:

I am not a Ross fan, but in the name of fairness, he would have had no reason to look right at the U-turn. He would have been looking straight into oncoming traffic. It's not one of those U-turns where you begin to turn your car (so you would would be looking right) and enter the intersection. You have stay to fully in your lane until you can make the turn.

I also get extremely frustrated when I see RH's comment online about the dog death video "id hate it if that happened to my kid"
What? How about I would be devastated if that was my kid?? "I'd hate it if I stubbed my toe".

I think that is when the seed was planted.

Its never puzzled me why leaving Cooper in the car would be a big fear of Leanna's. She has described RH as someone who is forgetful, gets easily distracted, who needs frequent reminders to do things, etc. I think her experience with him over the years caused her to worry that if there was a husband out there who could forget a child in the backseat, it was hers. My guess is that this is something they discussed with each other.

In her own words she said, "We talk about it a lot."

I like this judge

I used to worry about accidentally leaving my daughter in the car when she was younger. I used to put my purse in the back seat so I always had to turn around to get it. Now that she is an a booster and can open the door herself, I don't do the purse thing, but I still find myself looking into the backseat almost every time I get out of the car. It's almost automatic, even when she isn't in the car, I still find myself looking.

But I agree with you. I worried about forgetting her in the car, but kidnapping by a sexual predator was (and still is) my worst fear.

RBBM

Exactly! In other words you made it a routine to look in the back and you still do because you're on autopilot. And it was a worry but not your biggest fear. Ross couldn't be bothered to establish even the simple habit of looking back yet it was his worst/greatest fear. And some posters wonder why other posters are suspicious of Ross?

This judge really does not like the defense

Well? Is Diamond testifying? I'm done with my trial and excited to find out!

What is the other male prosecutor's name for the state? He seems really nice and has a more pleasant demeanor than Boring.

WAY late but I agree! I actually don't mind boring, I think he's a good prosecutor but I really like the other guy

I am not a Ross fan, but in the name of fairness, he would have had no reason to look right at the U-turn. He would have been looking straight into oncoming traffic. It's not one of those U-turns where you begin to turn your car (so you would would be looking right) and enter the intersection. You have stay to fully in your lane until you can make the turn.

I think that is when the seed was planted.

So he's been detained, handcuffed, had his phone with evidence of a crime on it seized, been driven to the police station and is being questioned about his son's death by a suspicious Stoddstd, and he decides to make LE's job easier by offering up, unilaterally, the beginning of his premeditated plan to murder his son?

RSBM

That isn't even in the top 10 for me, honestly. It really is a rare thing to occur.

Most of my "top fears" are things that kid dying in a car accident, getting hit by a car while playing, etc.

Boy, I could make a very long list due to my profession~~ ER RN that received so many accidents involving children..and one evening..got notice of accident and young teens in that van will be coming to our Trauma unit..Of course my first thought was about my own younger teens..and as Charge nurse..I was the one who had to triage them as they arrived...I approached a team member ( senior staff) and asked them to do the triage just incase one of my boys was a victim!! SO kept out of the way..held my breath caring for replacement's patients..and got the thumbs up before I once again took over!! I did see one kid..wheeled in by paramedics..strapped onto backboard and ted/upper body mobilizing rig..and the profile sure looked my my eldest...Talk about having heart palpitations!! That thumbs up sure was a true relief :happy dance:

Hot car death's aren't that common up here in our parts...but during winter CO deaths when people get caught in blizzards or horrific snow storms!!! Faulty emissions entering car space when heater running. Most cars now have ability to circulate air from outside that has made a huge drop in those numbers BTW~~

One thing I never did even think about tho was kidnapping..why, I don't know..maybe because I'm so old..that it was just something that was so rare..it never haunted me as a priority. Being a parent has enough other things to worry about I guess! I too was brought with out seat belts, care seats ??? what were they?? then with my own kids.. Car Seats doubled as carrying units but NOW..Safety measures for babies and youngsters has been regulated..just like helmets legislation for bike riders.. Times have changed..education about it is so available online to anyone who choses to LEARN. No excuses for not taking precautions and double check everything!!

I really wonder how us Old Foggies ever survived without all these rules and regulations!!

After I had children, I quickly realised that I couldn't trust my husband to take care of our children, in the same way I did. He was easily distracted by whatever else he was doing & didn't seem to take childcare 'seriously'. I had to check up on him all the time.

One afternoon I arrived home from work ( only 3 hours per week) to find police there. Our 2 yr old son had been missing for 20-30minutes & was eventually found in a neighbours house ( unharmed). He turned up on their doorstep, stark naked, & the neighbour's 8 yr old daughter was reading him a story, oblivious to the commotion next door.

My husband is a doctor.
I think he felt that childcare was a mother's job & beneath him!

I divorced him.
My four children are alive & well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope!

Hope your day went well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I get a great ruling on support retroactivity, bad one on on-going support, neutral on child custody, good one on property, unjust one on discovery sanctions which should have been awarded to my client and that's probably appealable. She's pissed off but I'm happy we were done by 12!!! And despite not agreeing with some of the rulings, I liked the judge.

But I'm damned shocked diamond isn't testifying! Anyone know why not? That's stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme