Trial - Ross Harris #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:tyou: JerseyGirl for your continued updates during closing arguments and throughout the trial. I'm sure others here have appreciated it, too. On days when I didn't hear testimony, I usually breezed through thread to find your "update" posts. Very helpful.

Same here!

Boring is going over the timeline of the day of Cooper’s death.

On June 18, 2014, between midnight and 1 a.m., Harris was sexting, wrote one work email and Googled how much a child passport costs.

Cooper wakes up at 5:30 a.m. Harris starts sexting again shortly thereafter.

At 8:59 a.m., Harris takes Cooper into Chick-fil-A. Around 9:15 a.m., while he and Cooper are still at Chick-fil-A, he writes to a woman that “I love my son and all but we both need escapes.”

Harris sat in the car for 30 seconds, bent over to pick up his briefcase on the front passenger side floor and grabbed his cup from Chick-fil-A.

There is no way he missed that child, Boring said.

He is now addressing specific arguments the defense made in its closing.

Leanna Harris was never going to accept that her husband was capable of this. She stayed with this man for years.

“She finds out her son is dead and the first thing she asks about is her husband,” Boring said. “She kind of got treated like a doormat for years.”

RH did not type in Child Free! Boring is lying! He clicked on the link from Alex Hall!

PT should have selected a different prosecutor to do closing.

He's flat out being deceptive about those child free "searches." Good. Because I have little doubt but that the jury remembers what they heard pretrial and didn't appreciate finding out how wrong that info was.

Oh..addressing Stoddard. He's in the room. Should be good.

Boring rebuttal continued:

Regarding wanted to live a so-called child-free life:

After Harris responded “grossness” to a link to a child-free subreddit sent to him by his friend, he looked at other articles on the site, Boring said.

He never thought the police were going to get onto his act,” Boring said. He thought all along that he was going to be an advocate for preventing leaving kids in hot cars.

What was most important to him in his life? Boring asked. Do you really think he was going to delete all of the lewd text messages and photos he saved on his phone?

“Absolutely not because that meant more to him than that child,” he said.

___

Lead detective Phil Stoddard did not lie, Boring said. “He got testy on the stand, a little bent out of shape.”

He’s been living this case, pouring blood sweat and tears into interviewing everyone he could, Boring said. And he has to argue over the meaning of what “research” is – whether it’s clicking on a link or typing a phrase into Google.

Stoddard did not lie on the stand. Harris did go to a website about living child-free lives, Boring said.

____

Stoddard also didn’t lie at the preliminary hearing about when Harris threw the lightbulbs into his car at lunchtime, Boring said. The detective never said that Harris put his head into the car or that Harris definitely saw Cooper.

That is word tricks on the part of the defense, Boring said. Ask them, are they lying to you?

I remember specifically that he typed in the link to his toolbar.

Yes he did. He got the idea from his friend, but he went there on his own even after he said "grossness"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to point out about the smell.. scent is the greatest sense tied to memory. Just sayin

Unbelievable he's still running with the 6 minute phone call being answered by someone, and once again throwing Ms. Gray under the bus.

One of the most disgusting closings I've ever heard.

Yes he did. He got the idea from his friend, but he went there on his own even after he said "grossness"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that's literally what was just said by Boring. Not sure how that's lying...???

Boring continues:

About the smell. Let’s talk about inside the car and outside the car, he said. Who are the three people who went inside the car that night? They were Stoddard and two other law enforcement officers.

All three of these officers are going to risk their careers and make it up? Boring said. The crime scene investigator who didn’t report a smell, also never entered the car, he said.

As we end the court proceedings, I'm back where I was at the beginning. I strongly dislike Ross, but I have reasonable doubt he killed his son on purpose. Because of that doubt - and it is considerable doubt - I couldn't convict ON THAT PARTICULAR COUNT, of purposeful murder with malice.

Everything else...guilty.

jmopinion

Boring continues:

About the smell. Let’s talk about inside the car and outside the car, he said. Who are the three people who went inside the car that night? They were Stoddard and two other law enforcement officers.

All three of these officers are going to risk their careers and make it up? Boring said. The crime scene investigator who didn’t report a smell, also never entered the car, he said.

They are assuming the jury, like many of us, are troubled by the smell factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968