Trial - Ross Harris #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the self-employed please disregard. To all the others that has been following this trial so closely ( just like me, but hey, I have been retired 3 weeks) while supposedly working, have you no shame ? :scared: I guess we now have a new term to use if caught streaming, " I pulled a Ross today". :) Ok, no humor allowed.I will go back to my corner.

Jurors are allowed to use their own common sense and real-world experience to decide if one version of events is more plausible than another.
Like if Ross would have noticed a strange smell when he got into his hot car with a dead boy inches away

If it did trigger a memory could it be something like "Oh damn, I think I left a diaper in the car again." JMO

Even a slob would have then at least rolled the windows down. I can speak as an authority on that because I am a total slob myself, LOL. ;)

I think Kilgore addressed this adequately. The only two who noted such a strong smell were two police who didn't even make a report of it til a year later. Other witnesses stated they did not notice a smell at all including Stoddard and Grimstead and the guy initially helping with CPR who helped take Cooper out of the car. To say that it's impossible that Ross smelled nothing, you have to completely ignore these witnesses' testimony.

When interviewing Ross, no one asked "hey didn't you notice that overwhelming death smell when you got in your car?

In the many other cases of parents forgetting their children in hit cars all day, there is not a single one I have read about where the parent was alerted to their tragic mistake by the death smell when they entered their car at the end of the day. Not a single one! Are all of those parents also guilty of premeditated murder because it's impossible they didn't smell the strong odor that must have been there?

To say a dead baby trapped inside a boiling hot car for 7 hours would produce zero odor, a completely undetected odor by the person mere inches away from that dead baby is preposterous. Absurd. Dead bodies subjected to high temps stink. ALL dead bodies.
‎
None of the other people had their nose IN the car when Cooper was still inside. Doors were open, the dead body was quickly removed by dear old dad & the majority of the odor dispersed with it. The fact people still reported a stench after all that tells me it was impossible to overlook. ‎
‎
As for other cases, I know of none other that compares to this one. Especially as it relates to driving around in a hot car with the corpse still inside. I'd venture to say, however, most cases probably involved parents who remembered they left their kid inside and raced to the car in a frantic attempt to save their baby. Either way, there would be no reason for a smell to have been reported in any case where malice wasn't suspected. ‎

To say a dead baby trapped inside a boiling hot car for 7 hours would produce zero odor, a completely undetected odor by the person mere inches away from that dead baby is preposterous. Absurd. Dead bodies subjected to high temps stink. ALL dead bodies.
‎
None of the other people had their nose IN the car when Cooper was still inside. Doors were open, the dead body was quickly removed by dear old dad & the majority of the odor dispersed with it. The fact people still reported a stench after all that tells me it was impossible to overlook. ‎
‎
As for other cases, I know of none other that compares to this one. Especially as it relates to driving around in a hot car with the corpse still inside. I'd venture to say, however, most cases probably involved parents who remembered they left their kid inside and raced to the car in a frantic attempt to save their baby. Either way, there would be no reason for a smell to have been reported in any case where malice wasn't suspected. ‎

May I suggest reading up on hot car cases, then? Because there have been others, actually, in which parents drove with their dead babies in the car, and for longer distances, and just logically, if that smell was so inevitable, and so terrible one could absolute never forget it, I imagine parents would have bothered to mention they smelled it.

To all the self-employed please disregard. To all the others that has been following this trial so closely ( just like me, but hey, I have been retired 3 weeks) while supposedly working, have you no shame ? :scared: I guess we now have a new term to use if caught streaming, " I pulled a Ross today". :) Ok, no humor allowed.I will go back to my corner.

My boss knows and is fine with me following the case :)

Boring rebuttal:

Court is back in session. Lead prosecutor Chuck Boring will now give his rebuttal remarks to the defense's closing argument.

“Justice in this case is nothing more than justice for that little boy,” Boring said.

Strangers and police officers on the scene cared more about Cooper than Harris did, Boring said.

“The only justice in this case, in the courtroom today is a verdict of guilty on all counts,” he said.

I hope the Jury do re-watch the videos.

Then they get to re-see/hear:

Ross sitting in the car for 31 seconds. Ross pausing on way back from car at lunch-time. Ross waiting it out in the police car. Ross casually sitting in the holding area. Total recall of his day, down to the time he put Cooper back in his own room, 5.15am... except his lunch-time visit to car and sexts. Challenging why it would be considered against the Law. Leanna reassuring Ross. How he dreaded the way Cooper looked. Being asked if he said too much. Discussing having another child, 'just because they lost one'. Checking texts. Leanna reassuring Ross. Concern for his job. Ensuring his boss isn't informed of legalities. Concern what people will think of him. Wondering when he'll get his car back. Arguing the toss about charges, again. Leanna reassuring Ross, to name a few things.

They don't get to see/hear:

Ross comforting Leanna. Any discussion of where Cooper might be right now. Any talk of how he must have suffered. No mention of Cooper again, in fact, after he told Leanna how beautiful he was. Yeah, I sincerely hope they do re-watch the videos.

Boring pointed out again that the defense said in its opening statement that Harris was not sexting before he got to Home Depot the day of Cooper’s death. That wasn’t true.

“They got it wrong and they can’t admit it because he is guilty. To admit that would be to admit guilt.”

At the end, the defense pointed out that Harris responded to random Whisper posts, Boring said. But he said 10 minutes before leaving Cooper in the car that he needed a break from his son.

For me personally, listening to Boring talk, mentioning info really not important regarding guilt, sort of sounds like talking for no reason, sort of helping the DT

Jaynie broke HIS HEART? I must have watched wrong trial again. Jaynie was who was spurned AND gave the Def a letter for RH :facepalm:

I feel this time around is going better. He'll never be an impassioned speaker, but this is more direct and linear. Last time he jumped around too much.

:tyou: JerseyGirl for your continued updates during closing arguments and throughout the trial. I'm sure others here have appreciated it, too. On days when I didn't hear testimony, I usually breezed through thread to find your "update" posts. Very helpful.

He just can't get the premeditated thing straight. RH texted ms. Meadows, the love of his life, and broken hearted by her cruel rejection, decided to kill Cooper in a hot car. Then texted someone 2 hours later to come give him a *advertiser censored*. In his car.

:tyou: JerseyGirl for your continued updates during closing arguments and throughout the trial. I'm sure others here have appreciated it, too. On days when I didn't hear testimony, I usually breezed through thread to find your "update" posts. Very helpful.

I've been listening with earphones but have posted the updates from AJC, who has done a wonderful job in tweeting details that I've been posting here:

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...rris-murder-trial-nov/7yW34mxHDUxbdjIjTswD7M/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member