Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Cha, I myself do that with my Blackberry 8330 since I don't have a sim in my phone either which now I find so inconvenient, but my contract ends Sept 1 this year, yay, gonna get a new shiny toy :) with a sim :)

I have a Torch with Rogers and just love it.

I found this on the Bell BB site .... does it refer to the type of BB that MR had...

The Keep Messages feature lets you specify the number of days to keep email messages, text messages and PIN-to-PIN messages. After this period of time, messages are automatically removed from your BlackBerry® smartphone.
The Keep Message option does not remove messages from:
Your integrated email account (if you're using BlackBerry Internet Service)
The messaging and collaboration server (if using a BlackBerry Enterprise Server)

Assuming MR didnt have either BBIS or BBES ....If he did, Bell would have a copy of all his messages, texts and possibly BBMS...

Guess we are going to find out!

Oh course we know where the defense will go with the visit to the wrecker. Derstine will say MR was looking for a window crank. How convenient the back passenger side one was missing. And as if that would matter right? He couldn't have carried back seat passengers as he had no seat, so why would a window crank be necessary? Not like he was meticulous about his car and it bothered him that crank was missing. Just an excuse the defense will use to show MR being at the wreckers, MOO.

I wonder if that's why TS ended up on the ground, she was the one that broke the window crank and he got mad and threw her on the ground. Just speculating.

Oh course we know where the defense will go with the visit to the wrecker. Derstine will say MR was looking for a window crank. How convenient the back passenger side one was missing. And as if that would matter right? He couldn't have carried back seat passengers as he had no seat, so why would a window crank be necessary? Not like he was meticulous about his car and it bothered him that crank was missing. Just an excuse the defense will use to show MR being at the wreckers, MOO.

Red Herring lol! You have got to stop givin it up! Those lawyers aren`t going to earn their pay if you keep doing their work for them.

Actually, I think he wanted bucket seats for the back ... would have been looking for a set of front seats from a written off Honda that he could affix to the floor - you know, to leave more room for, um, yah, the um, speakers (not necessarily the ladies).

JMO

Rafferty trial hears from former girlfriends
April 17, 2012

Joy W:
-They first met online on April 11 and met in person on April 16

-After dating for a month they planned a shopping trip to Michigan on May 15. Rafferty arrived late that day, saying he was at a court appearance for a troubled teenaged girl.
On the shopping trip Woods said Rafferty was looking for a specific kind of Puma shoes but couldn't find them

-The next day(May 16) Rafferty called her, upset that police had questioned him about Tori.

-A few days later Rafferty called Woods from the White Oaks Mall in London, saying he'd bought her clothes for her upcoming trip to Las Vegas

-They met in a Woodstock parking lot the next day May 19 where police were waiting to arrest Rafferty

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/ToriStafford/2012/04/17/19642626.html

You know what's really weird, the day before the arrests and the day that Tori was found, on the 19th I bought a tote bag from the missing childrens network booth at my local walmart and I told the lady who sold it to me, maybe that'll help find Tori and bring her home. I just remembered that.

imhoo it would place him on that road at that time (maybe background for something that is to come?)

If MR is guilty, then for the sake of justice, I sure hope the Crown leads this somewhere, because I don't think I am alone in wondering why the Crown has built up expectations and then left questions unresolved and moved on.

If people know Woodstock........Highway 59 travels right through the middle of the city. It is a 2 lane road and changes it's name several times, as it travels through the small city. It goes from a rural highway south of the city to a residential road within the city, to a rural road north of the city.It is very heavily used.

It wouldn't be at all surprising that someone living in Woodstock would be on Highway 59 a couple of times a day or more.

It is almost unavoidable............as it is one of the few roads that travel completely through the city.........north and south.

I hope the Crown puts forth something soon, and starts tying up loose ends, because the defense soon begins what I wouldn't be surprised is a withering attack on TLM's credibility, the lack of certainty on the physical evidence, and any unresolved gaps in the Crown's case.

All the defense has to do is instill reasonable doubt to have MR acquitted.

JMO................

I have a Torch with Rogers and just love it.

I found this on the Bell BB site .... does it refer to the type of BB that MR had...

The Keep Messages feature lets you specify the number of days to keep email messages, text messages and PIN-to-PIN messages. After this period of time, messages are automatically removed from your BlackBerry® smartphone.
The Keep Message option does not remove messages from:
Your integrated email account (if you're using BlackBerry Internet Service)
The messaging and collaboration server (if using a BlackBerry Enterprise Server)

Assuming MR didnt have either BBIS or BBES ....If he did, Bell would have a copy of all his messages, texts and possibly BBMS...

Guess we are going to find out!

Getting a LG Optimus next with android operating system and stayin with Telus, they are awsome, to me anyway :)

Sound like it is a phone feature yes. Not sure tho, I'm not an expert on cell phones, altho as a CSR for cell phone carrier I would epect to know at least enough about the phones that my company sold. Our company was purchased by Rogers way back when (sorry I can't say who it is, too scared of getting sued since I don't work for them anymore) But this company was the first to actually sell the Iphone in Canada, even before Rogers, and also besides Rogers was the only other company in Canada that was on a GSM network, until Bell and Telus came along in 2010. So I'm not familiar with phones we didn't sell :) Also, I really wasn't a sales person, I worked in the most glamourous department, billing!!

Must have been hard for MTR to live up to the image he was trying to create driving that lemon. MOO

Just had to add to the list of "jobs" Rafferty said he had or is believed to have had
Can't wait to hear what he actually did do as a living

Every single job below is what Rafferty specifically told people

-Contractor
-Landscaper
-worked a better beef in Guelph
-Dance Instuctor
-was said to be in college working towards a Veterinary Assistant
-Caretaker (for his Mother) & TLM's Mother
-Possible drug traffic
-As MR stated in the LE interview, he also worked at Glen Abbey.
-And I believe he was a chef, trained at George Brown.
-working under the table
-Dance Instructor
-Had his own Contracting Business
-Snow Plower
-HR-hiring person for construction sites
-worked @ Juvenile Detention Centre(London on Oxford St)
-Teacher Dance Class
-Ballroom Dance Teacher
-degree in Kinesiology and Culinary Arts

Wasn't it said that he had a "Masters" degree in Culinary Arts? ROFL.

Taking your phone number with you is very easy, I have done it. So having a out of area, Area code is not uncommon and would just result in higher phone bill unless he did majority of texting and less calls and then the phone number area code wouldnt matter.

I think the reason the police ran his tag was because the car stood out, When i first moved to Canada i found it amazing that I never saw "rough looking" vehicals, like i did in the states. His car was a Beatermobile and its not common to see them around here ( at least to me )

Snipped and BBM

For a guy that had a master's degree in the culinary arts, he sure ate out alot :)

LOL I would be questioning why he wasn't cooking for me or taking me out dancing LMAO

But what reason would he have to query the Rafferty's plates?

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Vehicle was registered to Rafferty.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Stec queried the plate BBNR 181, which he saw south of Woodstock

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
On April 8th, he responded to a mental health concern.
To a cop, everyone is a possible criminal (just a little tongue-in-cheek). Seeing a car painted like Rafferty's might arouse some suspicion. I.e, a stolen car hastily repainted. I think they learned a lot from the time Russell Williams' SUV was parked in a field next to his victim's house and the officer saw it, but didn't run the plate.

Red Herring lol! You have got to stop givin it up! Those lawyers aren`t going to earn their pay if you keep doing their work for them.

Actually, I think he wanted bucket seats for the back ... would have been looking for a set of front seats from a written off Honda that he could affix to the floor - you know, to leave more room for, um, yah, the um, speakers (not necessarily the ladies).

JMO

Also it doesn't necessarily mean he would be looking for Honda seats. When my BF bought be my old Thunderbird and fixed it up for me way back when, he used parts from a cougar or some such, dunno about cars :)

all those gf's at not one of them was a nosey one? Heck I would have been through that BB the first day, the wallet and the glove box :p and apparently then tossed him to the curb or LE. MOO

I think Derstine is asking such weird questions that all have to do with mount forest area is because he is trying to keep his questions iN the jury's mind to use later for his defense. Jmo

I think it is strange because, like Nurse and others said above, typically when you take your old phone in and get a new one, no matter the reason, the company generally always transfers your data from one phone to the next. Otherwise you lose everything and have to start over. Who the heck would want to do that? So, imo, I would think all the old data should have been transferred to the loaner, and then to the new phone.

If that data is missing from the new phone - I would find that very suspicious because starting over from scratch is just a drag.

JMO

Catching up from where I left off before heading home from work but wanted to use your post to make a point regarding the prosecution (Crown). I don't know if we're missing what is being said in court but what you just posted is exactly what is lacking, imo. They need to explain this to the jury. The questioning needs to be more in depth so this jury gets it.

As an example, get the phone provider on the stand and ask them the question. Is it unusual that someone would want to wipe out their data when transferring from one phone to another? Or something along those lines.

Very frustrating. OK...off to read the other tweets.

If MR is guilty, then for the sake of justice, I sure hope the Crown leads this somewhere, because I don't think I am alone in wondering why the Crown has built up expectations and then left questions unresolved and moved on.

If people know Woodstock........Highway 59 travels right through the middle of the city. It is a 2 lane road and changes it's name several times, as it travels through the small city. It goes from a rural highway south of the city to a residential road within the city, to a rural road north of the city.It is very heavily used.

It wouldn't be at all surprising that someone living in Woodstock would be on Highway 59 a couple of times a day or more.

It is almost unavoidable............as it is one of the few roads that travel completely through the city.........north and south.

I hope the Crown puts forth something soon, and starts tying up loose ends, because the defense soon begins what I wouldn't be surprised is a withering attack on TLM's credibility, the lack of certainty on the physical evidence, and any unresolved gaps in the Crown's case.

All the defense has to do is instill reasonable doubt to have MR acquitted.

JMO................

yeah I'm about to fall asleep myself...still waiting for that bomb shell to drop...boring witness's that provide nothing...streams of women that were looking for a man...only one mentioned that they found him "needy"..police take the stand and I sit upright...and nothing from them either...a lot of talk about that BB but nothing that wouldn't happen to anyone's BB in the same situation (replacing or sending in for repairs)..to me it would be so easy for LE to find out if the BB was "wiped clean before Bell received it or if RIM wiped it clean"...that doesn't come out.. so another day and nothing again...oh well maybe tomorrow......JMO..oh...I think that maybe the state of MR's car may have alerted that OPP to run a check...even with that info no one bothered to ask what time this took place so obviously it is nothing of importance...just saying....JMO... one more thing...the wrecker's visit...we know that MR was in the process of repainting his car and doing some updates etc...doesn't surprise me that he would go to a wreckers to find parts etc....very natural I would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState