Trial Thread 4/17/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So was he with bell the whole time or with Rogers too?

I am wondering why he didnt get an upgrade on his blackberry if his first one was from 2007. Usually people obsessed with their blackberries upgrade to the newer model that is free after 3yrs. Is Bell like that? I know Rogers is.

I have a 416 number and I live in the Peel Region but my house phone would be a 905 number.

Cell phones within my area are usually 647 or 416. 905 I think is the cambridge, Waterloo, Guelph area but I could be mistaken. House lines are usually 519.

As disgusting as it is I have never cleaned my phone with Lysol and I wouldnt think he would either unless he was obsessed with germs or had something to hide.

I am obsessed less with cleaning these days I am just too burnt out to think about it LOL.

I also find it hard if I had to return a phone to Rogers that they would voluntarily take his phone back but I am thinking because it was from 2007 that maybe he was due for an upgrade and they were just going to give him a new one anyways???? No clue just not much to go on with what has been said.

Fishy however that he was going to flee with that money and to the US, Fishy that he went to get a new phone and the old one was wiped. Fishy that he was adamant about finding a certain type of shoe etc.

I dont know what happened and I really havent drawn a conclusion but to me he is going to all these lengths to hide or destroy all the evidence that leads back to him. JMHO

CL, they aren't taking the phone back, they are sending it be repaired by the manufacterer. Typically, the only time you can return your phone to the store is when it is new and has been purchased within a 15 or 30(depending on the carrier, mine workplace, we did 15d/30 min use) day and has less than 30/60 mins of use on it. After that it falls to the manufacturer warranty, that's why they sent his phone to RIM.

Maybe I missed it but the officer ran MR's plate number. What time would that have been? Did they still have Tori in the car? Or were they on their way back to Woodstock? OMG!
I don't believe it was stated as to what the time was when he ran the plate....

Wait...where's the phone records from the carrier of the calls made to and from his phone on April 8th????

I'm wondering if they would even show that, some of those numbers could have nothing to do with the case and they do have a right to privacy. Maybe they will only show the relavent numbers when they post the evidence pics?

IIRC some people save their cellphone info to their computers. Say if MR had internet with FB, MSN on his BB, LE may have been able to retrieve the information through those sites and his account. Wonder what was found on his computer as LE seized it also. "IT" was in his car the day they arrested him.

So no cellphone activity or data, shoes were being replaced, car was white washed and wiped down all though still evidence left, he was leaving town, talking about the case constantly to anyone who would listen, threw away the back car seat, went back to the wreck after the crime, went back to Mount Forest after the crime....IMO this is what I have processed so far, IMO he's going away for a very long time

If I were returning a Blackberry for repair and getting a loaner, then I would expect to have my SIM card put in the loaner, also the memory card. The BB being returned would have none of my data on it.

I guess you didn't read my earlier post, if he got that phone in 2007, then it wasn't a sim card phone, it was cdma phone which would not have a sim card since bell canada did not get sim card capable phones until late 2009/2010.

Telus and Bell announce GSM plans for Canada – HSPA 3G networks by 2010

By: Will Park, IntoMobile
Friday, October 10th, 2008 at 4:37 PM

http://www.intomobile.com/2008/10/1...sm-plans-for-canada-hspa-3g-networks-by-2010/

The only reason I wiped my phone is when I decided to sell it after I got a new one. When I had to send it in for a repair, I backed everything up from it on my computer, but didn't wipe the phone as I was expecting it back.

JMO

Yup Jezbel, you back up your data if you have the desktop manager.

They didn't say what time the plates were run by the cop. It might have been in the morning before the abduction.

You think if he was pulled over in the morning for any reason that he would have carried out what he did in the afternoon?

I guess you didn't read my earlier post, if he got that phone in 2007, then it wasn't a sim card phone, it was cdma phone which would not have a sim card since bell canada did not get sim card capable phones until late 2009/2010.
I did see your post, but it came after the one I replied to. Just too busy to follow the forum in real time. ;)

But I guess we've established that MR's data should have been transferred to the loaner phone anyway, so there would have been no reason for RIM to not wipe the one they were repairing. Of course, MR could have later cleaned incriminating data from the loaner if he felt he was a person of interest.

Maybe the "helping MR flee the area charge" for TLM was a misunderstanding since it seems like he WAS trying to leave the area with someone else. JMO

He wouldn't have to change the number. You don't automatically get a new number just cuz the phone is broken/stolen. These days it's quite neat cuz now you have a sim card which you can remove, alot of info on sim car. However, Bell did not get sim capable phones until 2010, so I'm assuming it was a CDMA phone, no sim card, every bit of data would be stored on the phone itself. So that means that if the phone was wipe, all his contacts would have gone poof. Of course he would still have his bills to refer to for numbers :) and so would police.

Bumping this up as I think it may have been overlooked by many with all the tweets around it.

I bolded the part about Bell sim capable phones not being available until 2010.

So MR could not have just removed the sim card from his old BB and inserted it into his new one .... perhaps the option to have the data transferred at the store wasn`t available to him since RIM had his old phoneÉ

If RIM wiped the original phone you can be sure that it is really really really wiped!

So my question is (I have Rogers) with Bell, is there not a BB program where you can back up your data (contacts etc) onto say a laptop, and then reload it onto a new phone? Is it possible that MR did this prior to relinquishing his original phone with the intent of loading the data onto a new one? Is there a Bell BB pro in the house???

Good catch Kitty!

I dont get it. Who called in the mental distress?? What does that tweet even mean?

Was he doing something erratic? Did MTR call the police? Wth!!

I am sorry some of you guys are amazing at directions what is the big deal about the road he was on, was that the road close to where Tori was killed? Sorry Geography is not my specialty at all.

I think they were establishing why the cop was on Highway 59....meaning he was coming back from a mental health call....of course this is my opinion

But what reason would he have to query the Rafferty's plates?

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Vehicle was registered to Rafferty.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Stec queried the plate BBNR 181, which he saw south of Woodstock

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
On April 8th, he responded to a mental health concern.

didn't the tweet intimate that the cop was on 59 for a call but saw MR's car stopped on the way to his call so he ran the plates? That was how I took it anyhow (very difficult to follow the trial via tweet at times!)

Without providing details of time or the exact location of MR's car on Hwy 59, what was the point of that testimony?

JMO............

So what get "wiped" from a phone? Photos?

Everything, contacts, photos, settings, games you bought, that's if it is a CDMA phone Matou which his was.

Today's phone, most have sim cards, but there still very limited memory on a sim.

It's too bad he didn't have a reason to pull him over.

ETA: Does someone have this route mapped? I'm not understanding which way they were going. I wonder if Tori was in the car :(

If I'd had been a cop, I would have pulled him over with that crappy paint job he had :) and oh the tinted windwos, isn't it illegal in ontario to tint a rear window? iS IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste