Trial Thread 4/25/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this about Hal Mattson's arrest:

Police say he was trying to influence witness testimony in the case although Mattson says he is no longer representing Rafferty. Referring to the murder suspect, he told Law Times:
“We came to a fork in the path that wouldn’t allow us to represent him, and I don’t think he would have appreciated our representation, unfortunately... Our solicitor communication had broken down.”

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/300562#ixzz1t4q3hdAk

http://digitaljournal.com/article/300562

I found this about Hal Mattson's arrest:

Police say he was trying to influence witness testimony in the case although Mattson says he is no longer representing Rafferty. Referring to the murder suspect, he told Law Times:
“We came to a fork in the path that wouldn’t allow us to represent him, and I don’t think he would have appreciated our representation, unfortunately... Our solicitor communication had broken down.”

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/300562#ixzz1t4q3hdAk

http://digitaljournal.com/article/300562

yeow! JMO ...that was quite ambiguous and yet loaded statement at the same time. MOO

he did have another one; but not sure how they parted ways. JMO

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090717/090717_stafford?hub=CP24Home

Reid would not say why Rafferty made the change, adding he intends to "vigorously defend" Rafferty and challenge the allegations.

He switched lawyers in July 2009

BBM

Hmmmm...would that have been after the body was found? I wonder who put him in contact with Derstine and Co? Why would he think he needed better representation after the body was found...if in fact that's what happened?

MOO

I wonder if he parted once VS body was found?

It was apparently July 17th that MR told the court (via a video conference) about changing lawyers. Her body was found July 19th...

Has anyone ever time a timeline?

BBM

Hmmmm...would that have been after the body was found? I wonder who put him in contact with Derstine and Co?

MOO

that would not be surprising...when TS was found with no pants on I bet. MOO

RaffertyLFP: Trial resuming Jury still out

Jurors entering the courtroom now.

RaffertyLFP: Det. Con Johnson resumes testimony with timeline on phone calls

RaffertyLFP: Timeline resumes with May 12 McClintic was interviewed by police that day Rafferty call McClintic at 12:36 pm just before intvu

that would not be surprising...when TS was found with no pants on I bet. MOO

Exactly. It was at that time that he probably told his family to get him a better lawyer. I thought there was talk at the beginning that his new lawyer was not through legal aid. And I don't think he was. I guess he decided to accept the legal aid stipend to take on the case though.

MOO

Lots of phone calls and texts between MR or TLM and TLM's contacts, and lots of speculation about what the conversations were about, but no testimony yet.

I am hoping the Crown can produce at least one witness to testify about the conversations or texts.......and how that relates to the abduction.

JMO..........

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty visited McClintic at Genest later that day

Venne asks Johnson about May 12th, 2005. Police interviewed McClintic that day.

Rafferty called Genest on at 12:36. McClintic interviewed at 1:18. Lasted nearly a half hour. Rafferty visits Genest at 6:52 until 7:40

Lots of phone calls and texts between MR or TLM and TLM's contacts, and lots of speculation about what the conversations were about, but no testimony yet.

I am hoping the Crown can produce at least one witness to testify about the conversations or texts.......and how that relates to the abduction.

JMO..........

The conversations don't relate to the abduction. Just the timeline. So you won't be hearing from these people unless the defense wants to drag them in to talk about how normal he was being...or how horrified, whichever.

MOO

A friend and me once had a conversation (she works for a criminal lawyer). I said what happens if the defense lawyer does not believe the defendents story.....she said most defence lawyers will simply refuse to take on the case if they do not believe their story.

I dont know how 100% accurate that is.....just something I thought I would throw in.

JMO!

RaffertyLFP: Calls between Rafferty and McClintic about 8:20 the next day

Rafferty called Genest on at 12:36. McClintic interviewed at 1:18. Lasted nearly a half hour. Rafferty visits Genest at 6:52 until 7:40

Rafferty got a call from Genest at 8:41. Lasts 4 seconds.

RaffertyLFP: May 14 McClintic made another court appearance at 9:30 am Rafferty attended Rafferty traded in Bberry at Masonville later that day

It sure seems to me that as soon as he confirmed the Percocet buy with BA, he made the calls to TLM's druggie friends to SELL them at least most of the new incoming stash.

It's also MOO that his Facebook update at 10 a.m. on the 8th was referring to the drug exchange between BA, himself, and TLM's contacts. It was referring to the money he would make from this deal, not the abduction.

JMO

But why does he need to make money of his own, when CS is providing him with all the money he seems to need... I think the FB status, is referring to something else... IMHO

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Back from lunch. court resumes with timeline, showing May 12, day police interview McClintic, she's also visited by Rafferty #sl

McClintic was back in court on May 14th. Rafferty was there, according to Genest staff. Rafferty went to Bell in London to get a blackberry

That was at 4:26. At 5:53, Rafferty called Genest. Lasted 14 minutes.

RaffertyLFP: Later that day Rafferty called McClintic and also made calls to her drug buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx