Trial Thread 4/4/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pollanen says at least four hammer blows were applied, but could have been more.

Pollanen repeats that the medical evidence is silent on whether there was a sexual assault.

Derstine gives hypothetical: No sexual assault, Tori hit with a hammer, then kicked and stomped. Pollanen could not refute that.

Pollanen agrees medical evidence also silent on who inflicted injuries on Tori Stafford. Pollanen finished testifying

Derstine asks Pollanen if science could say who inflicted these fatal wounds on #ToriStafford. Doctor says no

Derstine suggests all his expertise could not tell us who inflicted those wounds. Pollanen agrees. That's all the questions for Pollanen.

Two tweets ago should not have said "then kicked and stomped". Remove the word then.

Next witness is police officer John Stirling

‏ @AM980_Court
  • Derstine gives hypothetical: No sexual assault, Tori hit with a hammer, then kicked and stomped. Pollanen could not refute that.
‏ @AM980_Court

• Derstine suggests all his expertise could not tell us who inflicted those wounds. Pollanen agrees. That's all the questions for Pollanen.

@RaffertyLFP
  • Pollanen agrees medical evidence also silent on who inflicted injuries on Tori Stafford. Pollanen finished testifying.
Great work Derstine! They did it together like the Crown suggested! JMO

Steven D'Souza‏@cbcsteve

Tara McDonald, Tori's mom, has arrived at the courthouse

The crown has called Sgt. John James Sterling.

He will be the final witness in the crown's Mount Forest chapter.

Stirling is an OPP sergeant and ERT coordinator. Responded to more than 1,300 calls.

@RaffertyLFP
  • Pollanen agrees medical evidence also silent on who inflicted injuries on Tori Stafford. Pollanen finished testifying.
Great work Derstine! They did it together like the Crown suggested! JMO

I wish Crown would have redirect on that point!!!

Derstine raises the question of whether #ToriStafford was sexually assaulted at all

"I could not refute it. But I will say what I said to the Crown, that the medical evidence is silent on sexual assault," replies Pollanen

@LindaNguyenPN
  • "I could not refute it. But I will say what I said to the Crown, that the medical evidence is silent on sexual assault," replies Pollanen

Stirling coordinated search efforts for Tori Stafford. Brought in on April 17, 2009.

Stirling was part of the group of officers who searched for Tori Stafford.

He's part of the OPP Emergency Response Team.

Two phases to search. First was in city of Woodstock. Second phase shifted to Wellington County

Brought over from other thread as it is being closed

Using your post for image :)

Does the shirt seem like its pulled to the side of the torn/cut sleeve? as if being grabbed and stretched?

I believe its much harder to prove murder without a corpse, It happens more often now then it did 10 years ago iu think.

As for the sexual assult, I personally would want some physical proof it happed before convicting someone soley on sexual assult. And up to this point in the case I do not believe the Crown has estabilished enough proof to show me that a sexual assult transpired. Now, once the case is all over and the defence has had its turn in explaining what happened that night according to their client MR, my opinion may change, as taking the WHOLE CASE evidence into consideration and may believe that chances are a sexual assult did happen by looking at everything as a whole.

Personally, At this point, I do not think the Crown has proven beyond a doubt that MR comminted Kidnapping ( Have yet to see it his side, could be a dupped ) Sexual assult ( No physical evidence only circumstantial evidence) and Murder ( TLM testified that MR did not kill Tori and as of yet nothing to state he took part in the murder )

Now, we have yet to hear anything from the defence so anything can happen and the evidence that we have yet to hear about or even know about has not come out yet. They may have something in evidence that we have no clue about and will turn the whole case on a dime. We the public only hear what they want us to hear. We also have seen daily, how the tweets get twisted by a word or two as this is not a OFFICAL transcript and we are going on the tweets to convict MR.

Im not saying he is innocent by any stretch of the imagination as he has and had some responsibilty in the cover up of Tori's death at the very least and should be punished for those crimes regardless of the outcome of this case. BUT, they have only charged him with Kidnapping, Sexual Assult and murder. I assume that if he is found not guilty that the crown will recharge him with accessory after the fact or something like that, they wont just let him go scott free in my opinion

The defence does not get a chance to enter their explanation into evidence without putting MR on the stand. Anything the defence says in their opening statement is not evidence and cannot be viewed as such. They have to back up their statement with circumstantial or direct evidence just as the Crown is doing. I don't think they're going to be able to do that and they don't have to. But if they don't, anything they say is not to be used as evidence when determining the outcome of this trial.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member