Trial Thread 4/5/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Court now seeing affidavit from WalMart employee saying UPC code on the receipt found at Rafferty's match the product found at McClintic's.

Mullen asked Wal Mart for information on the hair dye. The UPC code is for C-100 shade hair dye.

Sold in stores since September 1st, 2008.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that the knife is a utility knife which has replaceable blades.

If so, I have a pile of them sitting in toolboxes, because they are one of those throwaway items where it is almost cheaper to buy the knife and blade combined than purchase the replacement blades.

Also, guys are notoriously lazy and would rather buy a new knife than replace a blade.................

It's a heavy duty knife. With tougher thicker blades as opposed to those cheap throw away type where the blade snaps off easy. TLM wouldn't have been able to cut throw thick seat material with one of those cheap things IMHO. :moo:

RaffertyLFP: Mullin contacting WalMart and was advised that the UPC exists solely for the hair dye and nothing else

Showing the Wal Mart receipt found at Rafferty's home again. The box found at McClintic's home has the same UPC code.

RaffertyLFP: Mullin also obtained packaging from L'OREAL to confirm if there have been any changes; there have not been any. [via Twitter]

Now this info is important since TLM said MR told her what to say to LE and told her to dye her hair to which he bought it for her, if he didn't do anything he wouldn't have aided in an alibi and cover up

well...legal aid is getting their money's worth:floorlaugh:

It looks to me like they're getting more than their money's worth, Derstine is showing that TLM was the "engine" that drove this crime. If he can prove that to the jury then that raises reasonable doubt, and it wouldn't matter how many times the police went around the moon, they won't secure a conviction.

MOO

RaffertyLFP: Mullin is telling of the history of the product, i.e. various names, UPCs and packaging over the years.

Mullen going over the history of the product and UPC code.

How did he get a prescription for Oxy in his own name? Forged prescription? Or did he actually get one from a doctor?

Good question.

I don't know about other doctors, but mine wouldn't prescribe oxy regardless of the pain I was in. Our pharmacist is also thorough and will check with the doctor on medications prescribed before filling the order, for something like oxy.

There sure seems to be a lot of oxy prescriptions floating around that area.

Now this info is important since TLM said MR told her what to say to LE and told her to dye her hair to which he bought it for her, if he didn't do anything he wouldn't have aided in an alibi and cover up

BBM

Exactly...:rocker:

RaffertyLFP: There are two hair dyes on the WalMart receipt found at Raffety's home; Mullin now detailing the "frosting tip" dye that is the 2nd product

The other hair dye purchased was a highlight kit, for light blond to dark hair.

No similar products were found in police searches.

RaffertyLFP: Now seeing affidavit from WalMart employee confirming retail info for the "Frost & Tip" dye; apparently only sold in Canada.

She confessed, it's pretty clear and she's not the one on trial.

To understand, you have to think like the defence, what is their role, to show reasonable doubt. If Derstine can show that the kidnapping and murder was TLM's idea, and if there was no rape and MR was an unknowing participant until after Tori was murdered, then he can prove MR did not act with intent, he did not act with a guilty mind = which equals no conviction.

MOO

Good question.

I don't know about other doctors, but mine wouldn't prescribe oxy regardless of the pain I was in. Our pharmacist is also thorough and will check with the doctor on medications prescribed before filling the order, for something like oxy.

There sure seems to be a lot of oxy prescriptions floating around that area.

Until recently, plenty of Doctors were handing scripts for them out like candy.

It's a heavy duty knife. With tougher thicker blades as opposed to those cheap throw away type where the blade snaps off easy. TLM wouldn't have been able to cut throw thick seat material with one of those cheap things IMHO. :moo:

maybe not but those "cheap throw away types" were also used by the ones who brought down those planes 9/11..they must be strong enough to rip out a cheap fabric from a car seat...:moo:

What I don't get is how the type of music TLM listened to fits in to what evidence was found at MR home... how is that defending what they found? Is Dersine going to use the music in defense of everything that is brought up? JMO

RaffertyLFP: No Frost & Tip was turned up during searches so Mullin was provided photos of the product by Proctor & Gamble

Mullin says receipt shows 1 hair dye product matching box found in McC's house; second was for frosted tips hair dye

Court heard this wk that #Rafferty had frosted blond tips when he was arrested on May 19, 2009 #ToriStafford

I'm not sure bc we don't know what she looks like. He doesn't seem to be looking for anyone in crtroom #Rafferty

Mullin asked for photos of what the product contained, and the UPC number from Proctor and Gamble.

Of the named songs on the iPod, that was the second most played, Scoyne says. Unnamed tracks didn't have play counts.

Court now hearing some of top most played songs on McC's iPod. It's by death rapper Necro about splitting someone's head open

Ya so...teens and kids listen to all kinds of crazy music. So much of their (teens) music these days is sick and disturbing. She's a gangsta wannabe. Derstine's only bases is her choice of music and her creative writings? Hope he chooses a new avenue to go down soon. I can see the jurors going :waiting::countsheep: :moo:

What I don't get is how the type of music TLM listened to fits in to what evidence was found at MR home... how is that defending what they found? Is Dersine going to use the music in defense of everything that is brought up? JMO

Grasping at straws...is all I can think.

She confessed, it's pretty clear and she's not the one on trial.

I agree but it is because of her that MR is on trial...or at least that is what we have to believe until ..........:moo:

I agree but it is because of her that MR is on trial...or at least that is what we have to believe until ..........:moo:

I believe the circumstantial evidence will build up enough to put him away. Hoping this jury as a whole has some brains.

RaffertyLFP: Court now seeing images of the packaging for "Frost & Tip"; UPC notated

Showing the content that would have been in the box on a slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member