Trial Thread 4/5/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
McClintic said that CD was on in the car as they drove to Guelph. Police were looking for it.

Rafferty had condoms in the car as well.

RaffertyLFP: Now seeing the back seat; close-up of gym bag, seat is covered by a blanket of sorts

Showing where the back seat would be. It had been removed. Lots of stuff on the floor. Piled pretty high. Goodlife bag on top.

When I referenced the back seat earlier, should have said "seat area". No actual seats.

Originally Posted by swedie View Post
It's highly possible MR listened to the same music. Maybe TLM introduced him to the music and HE suggested the act a song out together? I hope LE was able to find his laptop. Let's see where TLM got her music from and what kinda music MR listened to. LE never found his laptop at his mom's house. I wonder where that laptop is? Hopefully LE were able to find it. Maybe in those bags he put into JW's car?

Yep, see the tweets above. In MR's car was his laptop and BB. HTH. :rocker:

How did you know that he had a laptop before it was revealed in court that he had one? TIA

Hand written note about buying oxycontin in the car. Also some CD's, including Much Dance 2009.

RaffertyLFP: There are some condoms in the compartment to the left of the steering wheel

Probably used a condom when raping Tori?:what:

:giggle:
I wonder why they were looking for it.

Maybe TLM said that's what they were listening to before he wanted to hear radio reports to see if there was an announcement of Tori missing?:what::moo:

McClintic said that CD was on in the car as they drove to Guelph. Police were looking for it.

RaffertyLFP: Now seeing the back seat; close-up of gym bag, seat is covered by a blanket of sorts

THE BACK SEAT?? Now I AM confused! Did he replace the seat???

RaffertyLFP: The GoodLife gym bag was taken out of the car and examined seperately within the lab; Scoyne describing the lab itself. [via Twitter]

MTR may have been planning on skipping town, but how far would one get with under $1,000.00?

Oh, but maybe he would do odd jobs along the way, to help pay to wherever he may have been heading to.

Just MOO

He managed to find a back seat at the wreckers? :moo:

it's so funny...I always had the impression that southern Ontario was a beautiful unspoiled area...filled with rolling hills and farmers fields...didn't realize that it is really a hell hole filled with so many gangs etc. and degenerate types.. how to burst an illusion...:moo: well there is an exception to the area I live in..that was RW............

SO as a "hell-hole..." is a bit of a stretch. The area has suffered economically over the past decade (relatively) and there is poverty, crime and drug abuse in the heartland just as there is in the city -- but it's hardly epidemic. TLM and MR did not sprout from the unwholesome rural Ontario soil.

s

RaffertyLFP: The GoodLife gym bag was taken out of the car and examined seperately within the lab; Scoyne describing the lab itself.

Showing the Good Life bag police seized from the back of the car. Bag was in good condition, Scoyne says.

Bag is now in the courtroom, in a plastic evidence bag. It was examined by centre of forensic sciences.

RaffertyLFP: The GoodLife gym bag was taken out of the car and examined seperately within the lab; Scoyne describing the lab itself. [via Twitter]

We are getting close to the blood evidence jmo

I agree - but in the US, both sides have to share the evidence - it is called Discovery. The defense is required to give the State any evidence that exonerates their client - or any evidence they have that does not exonerate their client.

For exampe - if MR gave his attorney some piece of evidence (I'll say gun because we all know there was NO gun used and this is just an example), the attorney has to turn that gun over to the State. They can not hide it from the prosecution, they cannot wipe fingerprints off or destroy any evidence the gun may have on it. They don't have to say where they got the gun - but they have to share it with the prosecution. The defense also has to give the Prosecution any evidence they will be using in the trial to exonerate their client. And vice versa for the Prosecution - they must share with the defense all evidence they have that they will be using to prosecute.

Canada seems to be very similar to the states - so I was surprised that the defense would not have to share.

Salem

Actually, I was thinking about the case against Paul Bernardo. Wasn't there some issue with the first lawyer he had who found the video tapes of the murder, and failed to turn them over to the Crown, or the police? Wasn't he later charged with obstruction of justice? Granted he was later acquitted of the crime, but still? Doesn't this mean that if there is evidence in a case being held by the defense, they have a duty to report and turn it over?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2000/06/13/ken_murray000613.html

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
When I referenced the back seat earlier, should have said "seat area". No actual seats.

Did they end up saying what piece of paper it was that didnt mean anything to them at the time of the search but did later but didnt take it at the time?? I wonder what that paper was. Or were they referring to the walmart receipt?

Also just to clarify the actual death of he said she said.

Did MR say that TLM killed her in the car and did TLM say that he killed her just outside the passenger door? Sorry just need some clarification if possible.

Maybe MR's fingerprints are found on the poster? :floorlaugh:

Ya but even if they are, it doesn't prove he read the poster, or that if he did, that he retained the information it contained. Nor would prints on a poster make him guilty of each of the crimes he is accused of. :moo:

Did they end up saying what piece of paper it was that didnt mean anything to them then but did now but didnt take it at the time?? I wonder what that paper was. Or were they referring to the walmart receipt?

Also just to clarify the actual death of he said she said.

Did MR say that TLM killed her in the car and did TLM say that he killed her just outside the passenger door? Sorry just need some clarification if possible.

I don't think we know what MR said yet. That will probably be the next chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica1