Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on one second I need to go barf!!! ......................................................

This guy is killing me right now making it look as if his client was this innocent bystander that was duped and she was this giant female killer and he was scared of her... hold on barf time again!!!

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Derstine talks about McClintic's propensity for violence. Calls her Jekyll-Hyde like, presents one way, but truth is otherwise #sl

Derstine says he won't read all her letters, but reads one. Talks of blood pouring, being "murderous *****ez".

Mike Knoll: 11:41 and 11:43 tweets attributed to Rafferty, should be attributed to Derstine.

11:41RaffertyLFP: Rafferty said McClintic knew that the CASS and Home Depot made her "deeply enmeshed" in case

11:43RaffertyLFP: Rafferty said McClintic seems like a "nice young woman" but capable of savage violence

RaffertyLFP: Derstine reads from McClintic's journal "loved to see blood pour" crushing and dismembering bodies

Letter says she's "thirsty as a mother****er". Says she wanted to take a person, "*advertiser censored**ing mutilate them" and "smash their skull apart".

Rafferty looks disturbed as the letter is read.

Derstine talks about McClintic's propensity for violence. Calls her Jekyll-Hyde like, presents one way, but truth is otherwise #sl

hmmm is he a psychologist now???

His credibility is not an issue? He said that he walked away....He is a prolific liar himself and then some. MOO

He never said that, the defence "suggested" a different theory, which is actually not fact. Right at the beginning of Derstine's closing he reminds the jury:

Derstine telegraphs that he may present alternative theories, but that he's not necessarily saying what happened #Rafferty

http://twitter.com/#!/AdrianMorrow

..I am having a hard time reading tweeter ...ya me too feel like barfing..crazyladi...meet ya in a washroom...omg ..my opinions too ..robynhood

Derstine reading a graphic section from McClintic's journals where she describes in graphic detail mutilating a complete stranger

Hold on to your hats folks, NECRO is coming up....I can feel it. Where are the drinks?

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court

1m AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Letter says she's "thirsty as a mother****er". Says she wanted to take a person, "****ing mutilate them" and "smash their skull apart".

Underwhelmed to say the least. I expected more from the defence. Everything he is saying can be used against MR as well. He flat out lied to the investigators. JMO

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
He tells jury to not be fooled by her gentle, soft-spoken persona while she was on the stand. Derstine now reading out letters

Letter continues. Very disturbing.

Derstine reads another letter from May 14th, 2008. Discusses murdering an enemies family, and rape.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
It ends in "ha ha".

One letter says "wipe the evidence from the murder scene". Just should "note that phrase", Derstine says.

Other writings are in her own notebooks.

The crown may tell the jury those are just thoughts, Derstine disagrees. McClintic said they were thoughts on the stand.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court

1m AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Letter says she's "thirsty as a mother****er". Says she wanted to take a person, "****ing mutilate them" and "smash their skull apart".

His lawyer probably told him to since he has to make up for all those ugly faces he was making earlier in the trial...JMO

AveryFreeFMNews It's a "Jekyll and Hyde thing" with McClintic, Derstine says. She appears pleasant, but is completely different. #Rafferty....IMo what about Mr. rafferty and his deeds after the crime ...he certainly did NOT act like a remorseful man...IMO...I can not get out of my mind his visit to TLM in detention hall ....IMO if he was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Innocent I would personally stay as far away as possible to someone who killed an 8 yearold....IF I HAD NOTHING to do with it...IMO another hmm moment ....robynhood

His lawyer probably told him to since he has to make up for all those ugly faces he was making earlier in the trial...JMO

I doubt Derstine tells his clients how to use facial expressions to help him win his cases. JMO

McClintic said she only once used the term "murderous *****es" on the stand. It was actually on many. Derstine says she knew it was a lie

RaffertyLFP: Derstine reads McClintic's statements about being "a fiend for blood" He says it was not just a fantasy

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said the McClintic would not own up to phrase "Murderous *****es

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says McClintic's claim to have changed is not believable

RaffertyLFP: Derstine continues more reading of McClintic's journal - a "thirst for blood" long description of killing a boy she hated

AveryFreeFMNews It's a "Jekyll and Hyde thing" with McClintic, Derstine says. She appears pleasant, but is completely different. #Rafferty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste