Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTHING proves who swung the hammer....... even the experts said so. Are you saying you know more than the experts ardy? Your opinion is based on a sexist ideaology. Women know how to swing hammers too.

Not to mention, IMO, the claw end of the hammer was used to inflict an even more devastating blow to TS's skull. That action sickens me to the core. RIP dear Tori! MOO

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Derstine reading a graphic section from McClintic's journals where she describes in graphic detail mutilating a complete stranger

Hold on to your hats folks, NECRO is coming up....I can feel it. Where are the drinks?

I'm way ahead of you. Cheers!!

So far all I get from the closing statement is the TLM is guilty...we know she is guilty she is in prison for the crime she committed.

He hasn't said a word of why his client is not guilty, how he was duped, what he thought he was doing.

I though he would at least focus of the babysitting.

Derstine says the letters will be in the jury room.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says McClintic's claim to have changed is not believable

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says McClintic came out of custody posting fotos of herself on Facebook as a gang member

McClintic told the court she changed, was no longer violent in 2008. Derstine notes she took pictures dressed in gang colours/clothing in 09

TLM listed her past employment at the employment center. She didn't list any past construction experience or training.

MR owned several hammers himself. He had been employed in construction and maintenance jobs.

I think it is circumstantial evidence that TLM swung the hammer.

If anyone can post a single reference that shows the proper way to use a hammer is by using the claw end to strike something.............I would be happy to retract my statement.

JMO...........

There is no proper way to hold a hammer when killing someone. In fact, the claw end would do the most damage and Mr. Construction man would know that, so it is likely that he used the claw side of the hammer knowing this.

Really though, he is guilty because he knew exactly where to bring Tori to kill her, he has the connection to Mount Forest. TLM had no clue where they were. He's going down.

ummm a toddler knows how to swing a hammer <modsnip>

Eureka! I am going to right a book called How to use a hammer. It will be about two sentances long.

BTW my resume says nothing about training with a hammer or working in construction, but I sure don't use the claw end to hang my pictures up... just saying.

So he is guilty then because he gave her the MONEY to buy the MURDER TOOLS!!!! OMG

What other explanation can there be for the Home Depot stop?

TLM tells MR she needs some money for something from Home Depot. But it's all a secret. If we were to believe this we would have to picture quite an unreasonable conversation between TLM & MR.

TLM: Oh, there's a Home Depot. Can you stop at the ATM and loan me $40? I need to run in and pick something up.

Adrian Morrow &#8207; @AdrianMorrow
Michael #Rafferty is sitting straight up, his brow furrowed as his lawyer Dirk Derstine makes his arguments

He never said that, the defence "suggested" a different theory, which is actually not fact. Right at the beginning of Derstine's closing he reminds the jury:

Derstine telegraphs that he may present alternative theories, but that he's not necessarily saying what happened #Rafferty

http://twitter.com/#!/AdrianMorrow

So then WTH DID HAPPEN? We got nothing. Sorry, all the jury has is TLM's explanation.

MOO

JMO, I think the whole "who swung the hammer" question is a red herring that takes us down a dead end street and away from the fact that these two acted together to abduct, torture and kill a helpless child.

Linda Nguyen &#8207; @LindaNguyenPN
#Rafferty is listening to the passages read out by Derstine with a scowl on his face from the prisoner's box

RaffertyLFP: Derstine tells jury that an accomplice in a crime must have "signed up" for a specific crime - not responsible for different crime i [via Twitter]

hahaha.....a legal contract? hahahaha

perhaps he should be schooling MTR on the legalities of strange children in his car and out of town. MOO

AM980_Court McClintic said she only once used the term "murderous *****es" on the stand. It was actually on many. Derstine says she knew it was a lie.

ummm a toddler knows how to swing a hammer <modsnip>
TLM did have sheets up in her house that were nailed into the wall.
Maybe because she is a girl she just used a shoe or a can of beans......

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says McClintic's Facebook page contains quizzes showing her prone to murder

from twitter: Derstine telegraphs that he may present alternative theories, but that he's not necessarily saying what happened #Rafferty

So does this mean the alternative theories he's throwing out there didn't really happen and therefore MR did play an active role from start to finish? Choose your words carefully Mr Derstine.....

Personally i think the jury is listening in one ear and out the other right now as they have heard all these letters before and Derstine is going on and on about what seems to be all the letters again. They will be in the jury room as well. He needs to move on IMO.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine's said McClintic's violent postings were "no joke" and her denials were nonsense

AveryFreeFMNews It's a "Jekyll and Hyde thing" with McClintic, Derstine says. She appears pleasant, but is completely different. #Rafferty....IMo what about Mr. rafferty and his deeds after the crime ...he certainly did NOT act like a remorseful man...IMO...I can not get out of my mind his visit to TLM in detention hall ....IMO if he was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Innocent I would personally stay as far away as possible to someone who killed an 8 yearold....IF I HAD NOTHING to do with it...IMO another hmm moment ....robynhood

So what the heck was his client doing dating her for three months?

MOO

Linda Nguyen &#8207; @LindaNguyenPN
#Rafferty is listening to the passages read out by Derstine with a scowl on his face from the prisoner's box

If MR doesn't like what he is hearing, perhaps he should have taken the stand in his own defense!!! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste