Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If guilty does he gets sentenced immediatly

Mike Knoll: @guest - yes. If guilty of 1st-degree murder, the sentence is set in stone - LIfe with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Also proves that she wouldnt have killed a child and she had no intention of doing so. JMO

Except she did kill a child.........and had previously beat up other inmates at the youth detention centers. As she complained about being held with much younger inmates, one can conclude the inmates she was beating up were much younger than she was.

TLM had no reservations towards beating up the weaker, including her own mother.

JMO

Regardless of what people may think, or long lists of character flaws.......none of it is relevant.

MR's character is not on trial.

Can the Crown prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he did the crime.

JMO.............

Innocent or not, MR helped cover up a murder to a young child and then carried on with life like nothing happened. I sure hope he doesn't get off because i don't want him around where i live. That is for sure. He is guilty of covering up a crime and i hope he gets 25 years just for that alone.

This is not a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. JMO

Regardless of what people may think, or long lists of character flaws.......none of it is relevant.

JMO.............

His character or "sexual appetite" shows how he could do this crime no problem. The rest of the facts, testimony evidence shows he did it. His character does matter.

JMO.............

No worries Ardy he will be found guilty and its not his character flaws its the fact he is a professed liar as well, and danced with the devil after it was done. He will be dancing with the devil soon enough.

Except she did kill a child.........and had previously beat up other inmates at the youth detention centers. As she complained about being held with much younger inmates, one can conclude the inmates she was beating up were much younger than she was.

TLM had no reservations towards beating up the weaker, including her own mother.

JMO

Again she said she killed her, but she is a liar right? You believe that but none of her other statements?? <modsnip>

Just in case you didnt know they could not tell who killed her. So what liar are you going to believe??

Never did what drugs??? Are you kidding me, take a look at her right nostril, she has been snorting drugs for a long time for it to look caved in like that.

Was it not mentioned at some point (terrible at keeping track of these things, sorry) that she was doing drugs by age 8? I agree about the nostril. Cocaine does that. A few others I can't recall, too. Not sure about oxy, though.

JMO

JMO

You know I really do not blame her for beating her own mother. This woman subjected her to abuse for many years. She also burned her with a cigarette. You can only abuse someone so long before they strike back. I have no pitty for CM as she is the reason TLM turned out to be the monster she is. JMO.

Who cares? She is in jail for first degree murder. She isn't on trial here. He can question her credibility all he wants, but much of her testimony was corroborated by other evidence. He is harping on TLM because that is all Rafferty has. Weak closing argument so far.

imo

If Derstine convinces the jury to disregard TLM's testimony as unreliable........the Crown doesn't have much else to convict.

JMO.........

Was it not mentioned at some point (terrible at keeping track of these things, sorry) that she was doing drugs by age 8? I agree about the nostril. Cocaine does that. A few others I can't recall, too. Not sure about oxy, though.

JMO

Yes she started smoking weed at 8yrs old. Also if she was crushing oxy's and snorting them that would probably have the same effect as coke on the nostrils. JMO

If found guilty, can Rafferty be declared a dangerous offender immediately or does that have to happen at a later time?

11:27 Mike Knoll: @guest - that would be a separate hearing. But, if Rafferty is guilty, it seems unlikely that dangerous offender status would apply. He would be in jail for life.

It will be interesting to hear what MTR's mom will say if she speaks after the trial is over. I wonder if she will appologize to Tori's parents for her son's actions--either way the verdict goes, he was a party to this crime.

If his mom wants a life--she should show her support to Tori's family; otherwise, she may as well go into hiding herself because life will be difficult.MOO

If Derstine convinces the jury to disregard TLM's testimony as unreliable........the Crown doesn't have much else to convict.

JMO.........

He wont convince the jury. JMO

RaffertyLFP: Jury back in Derstine resumes closing argument

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says he will talk about the "engine" of the events the day Tori was killed

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said we McClintic may appear to be a meek woman on the stand but the objective evidence points to her

JMO.........

What?!!! They have cell phone pings, they have mixed blood, they have the hair dye, they have him on tape. I am not sure how you can disregard so much evidence? Also the evidence reinforces TLM's testimony.

RaffertyLFP Jury back in Derstine resumes closing argument...here we go again

Also proves that she wouldnt have killed a child and she had no intention of doing so. JMO

yes and apparently even defense believes that...MOO did he just shoot his own client in the foot? JMO

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said the CASS video is conclusive proof that McClintic abducted Tori

RaffertyLFP: Destrine said he will not go through all the phone records and other circumstantial evidence but asks jury to consider what they mean

Lets hope the jury kept a bingo card of MR's lies. I know I could have jumped up and shouted Bingo!! a few times myself.

We have direct testimony from MR himself. We have the audio of his police interview, jail visits, his cell phone messages.

yes and that is all evidence.....defense said crown only presented one piece of somewhat evidence in TLM...that is not true MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState