Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hammers are for nailing nails, not killing children. So even if someone used the hammer non-claw side to kill someone it was not used properly! That means nothing. Apparently the claw did what the murderer wanted it to do.....

JMO of course.

IMO... Someone in a murderous rage would just grab the hammer and start swinging it. They would not stop to think how they are grabbing it.

Yes it was horrific but it was the truth and it had to be told. I wasn't as revolted as I was today. I cried for Victoria. I think the world cried along with me. No child should go through what this beautiful little girl went through. It's hell on earth and she didn't deserve it.

I know I won't need a defense attorney for murder. Not today. Not ever.

no Tori did not deserve it but neither did all those young children that have gone before her...I feel sorry for all of them..if there is any hope of a law it should be because of all these children who have suffered at the hands of others...JMO lessons should be learned in how we treat our children and try to set good examples..Tori will be remembered by those closest to her that loved her but sadly her name will fade by most after time..that's the way of the world I am afraid....JMO

Does anyone know if it was ruled out the possibility that Tori may of been drugged? Could TLM and MR slip something in her to keep her still or contained in the car? I wonder how fast Oxys would knock out a child? Or would that of been undetectable in the autopsy? Something I always wondered.

to me the tweets we read on the days that TLM was on the stand were the most revolting I have heard read...I can't imagine how the crowd in the court who saw the video's and the pictures of dead little Tori could keep their breakfast down...that was the worst in all of the trial to date...I am so glad we have defence lawyers because one never knows when one will need one...as I always say..."but for the grace of god".......just saying......JMO JMO

Oh, the crowd in the courtroom who saw the videos and pics of dead little Tori ... the same vids and pics that didn't seem to phase Rafferty in the least?

IIRC, even TLM had the, umm ... decency(?) to cry at her own trial and at one point vomited when Tori's family gave statements about the impact of her death.

Oh, the crowd in the courtroom who saw the videos and pics of dead little Tori ... the same vids and pics that didn't seem to phase Rafferty in the least?

IIRC, even TLM had the, umm ... decency(?) to cry at her own trial and at one point vomited when Tori's family gave statements about the impact of her death.

Yes ... guilty can do that to a person. JMO

It didn't leave me with that "deja vu" feeling..it only shored up for me that the thinking of the defence is on the same wave link as me...just like I love to read some of the other posters posts that think along the same line as me...JMO which leaves me with the feeling that hey...my thinking and thoughts do make sense.....yeah.......JMO JMO

Yes, I thought it demonstrated how close to the defense case and evidence some postings were. It wasn't a deja vue moment per se.........more of an acknowledgement that some posters were pretty accurate with their assessments.

JMO..........

Why, then, is there a publication ban where reporters can only report what the jury knows?
Rafferty's mother was interviewed outside the courtroom. I don't know if the jury has access to all the news media. Just imagine if they were reading everything available on the Internet, like this forum.

Rafferty's mother was interviewed outside the courtroom. I don't know if the jury has access to all the news media. Just imagine if they were reading everything available on the Internet, like this forum.

Like I said before, if they didn't take notes--they can have ours. LOL.

If guilty does he gets sentenced immediatly

Mike Knoll: @guest - yes. If guilty of 1st-degree murder, the sentence is set in stone - LIfe with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Just for reference, in the trial for the killer of Ottawa police officer Eric Czapnik, after the jury made their finding (guilty) quite late at night, they were given the option to leave before sentencing:

"Judge Douglas Rutherford told the jury he would continue with sentencing immediately after the verdict and they could leave, but all 12 jurors chose to stay."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/03/13/ottawa-gregson-czapnik-murder-trial.html

Interesting that they don't have to stay. That was another heartbreaking story.

Because I believe that TLM targeted TS with a purpose in mind I believe that if she didn't go through with her plan that day for whatever reason that she would have continued until she succeeded..I believe this was a revenge of sort for whatever reasons and the fact that MR was around that day only fit into her plan and made it easier...that is my belief...she was on a mission and full of rage...someone did her dirty and had to pay...and she was going to see it through to the bitter end.....JMO JMO JMO

They just said on the 6:00pm news that TLM perjured herself in court, repeatedly. How can you say it's the truth? Your post does not say JMO/MOO/IMO so I am concerned it has been posted that all her testimony was truth. JMO

I would expect everyone with half a heart cried for poor Tori. Justice can be served with TLM confessing and being accountable for her death. If not much more comes through, the killer (TLM) will be punished. JMO

I'm not sure what news station you're watching but I doubt reporters would say that TLM perjured herself. What was presented in closing is not evidence. Just because Derstine says so it doesn't make it so. There is no proof that she perjured herself. As a matter of fact, the Crown has shown evidence cooborating everything she has said and that is the truth.

Did she perjure herself in her trial? At her trial she said MTR killed Tori. At his trial she said she killed Tori.

Because I believe that TLM targeted TS with a purpose in mind I believe that if she didn't go through with her plan that day for whatever reason that she would have continued until she succeeded..I believe this was a revenge of sort for whatever reasons and the fact that MR was around that day only fit into her plan and made it easier...that is my belief...she was on a mission and full of rage...someone did her dirty and had to pay...and she was going to see it through to the bitter end.....JMO JMO JMO

Praying if this is the case, that after the trial, this detail may surface.

"someone did her dirty and had to pay"

So much more could make sense .....

JMO MOO IMO

I'm not sure what news station you're watching but I doubt reporters would say that TLM perjured herself. What was presented in closing is not evidence. Just because Derstine says so it doesn't make it so. There is no proof that she perjured herself. As a matter of fact, the Crown has shown evidence cooborating everything she has said and that is the truth.

CTV news @ 6:00pm word for word. They also called TLM his lover for the first time I have ever heard, rather than girlfriend. Google 'er up. I don't need to lie or be doubted on what I just watched. JMO

Eureka! I am going to right a book called How to use a hammer. It will be about two sentances long.

BTW my resume says nothing about training with a hammer or working in construction, but I sure don't use the claw end to hang my pictures up... just saying.

Ha, LOL. Looking forward to the sequel, "How to remove a nail" - it'll only be one sentence long. "Use the other end."

Dear God...it's 2012!

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says the fact that Rafferty continued his active sex life after Tori's death does not mean anything

Oh brother.

It sure means something to me.It is suggestive of a cold heartless inhuman unfeeling being(I dare not even say human).

If any member of the jury was found to be watching any news media, including the internet and radio, or even discussing the case with anyone, including a spouse, that juror would be excused and the jury would proceed with 11 jurors.

JMO.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member