Trial Thread - 9 May 2012 Judge to give Jury Instructions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP Gowdey continues with Rafferty's post-crime behaviour including visits to Genest

So, it's clear Rafferty "drove Tori to her death". Not McClintic.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty kept up contact with McClintic when she was in Genest - he was registered as "boyfriend"

AM980_Court So, it's clear Rafferty "drove Tori to her death". Not McClintic.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Crown: Rafferty knew Mt. Forest area: "It was he who drove her to her death, he drove her to the place of her death..

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
"It was he who drove her to her death, Victoria Stafford. He drove her to that place in Wellington County," said Crown Kevin Gowdey

LindaNguyenPN "It was he who drove her to her death, Victoria Stafford. He drove her to that place in Wellington County," said Crown Kevin Gowdey

Rafferty wanted McClintic to believe "she was the one" after the offense

McClintic initiated the contact from Genest. Gowdey again suggests they were in it together.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said McClintic registered Rafferty as her boyfriend because she was "in on it" and also wanted to mantain contact

AveryFreeFMNews Jury back. Crown Attorney Gowdey tells jurors he will take most of the day ending his closing remarks. #Rafferty

Crown talking about #Rafferty's visits to McClintic at Detention centre after murder. Says visits were b/c they were in it together

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Jury back. Crown Attorney Gowdey tells jurors he will take most of the day ending his closing remarks.

After discussing yesterday with my husband the outcome of the closing arguments he said that there is in his opinion not enough evidence to find him guilty in all three points without a doubt. He really believes too that MTR is guilty in everything but worries that the jury can built a verdict on what they have. Is anybody thinking the same?

If he feels he's guilty there is a reason why, he needs to examine why he feels this way--of course, it is more important for the jury to do this than your husband. lol. MOO!

Rafferty asked if McClintic wanted anything in Genest, offered to bring her roses. Gowdey says this was all a lie so she wouldn't turn.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said McClintic registered Rafferty as her boyfriend because she was "in on it" and also wanted to mantain contact

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty made promises to McClintic "to string her along" after the crime

Thanks for saying this. I don't understand why people are thinking he is going to be charged with a lesser crime than he is on trial for. He was a part of the abduction/kidnapping. She died during this time so IMO he is guilty of 1st. I have reasonable doubt about the sexual assault- I feel the crown can't prove it 100%, but they have been able to prove that he was part of the kidnapping. There is no way an 8 year old child would be driven 2 hours away and not protest. I have been around enough kids in my life to know this. Even if he didn't know about it at the beginning there had to be a time he knew about it during that 2 hours. She was also hidden in the car. There is no other explanation on why she would be hidden. There is no way a child would not say a word or put up a fight if they were abducted/kidnapped. Once he was aware of it he was a part of it IMO.

Here lies the problem, premeditated would be first degree, after the fact I am not so sure.

AM980_Court Rafferty asked if McClintic wanted anything in Genest, offered to bring her roses. Gowdey says this was all a lie so she wouldn't turn.

AM980_Court Rafferty rolls his eyes and mutters to himself when Gowdey mentions Rafferty allegedly telling McClintic they could be "Bonnie and Clyde"...

RaffertyLFP: Court is seeing the the Genest video again Rafferty and McClinitic are hugging, laughing

Rafferty rolls his eyes and mutters to himself when Gowdey mentions Rafferty allegedly telling McClintic they could be "Bonnie and Clyde"...

...if they just took off from Genest together.

AM980_Court Rodney Stafford's family tells media that Tori's dad won't be coming to court today. Family says he's completely "saturated."

Group hug for Rodney and family!

I heard an interview this morning of Rodney speaking yesterday, after he left the courthouse.

His voice was filled with anxiety, IMO, and he said he couldn't take it anymore, that he felt like he was going to burst, that he needed to say something (but couldn't).

Poor guy. My heart just breaks for him and his pain. :(

I will be thankful and waiting patiently, and with a heavy heart, for Rodney to say what he wants to say when the Jury goes out, or whenever he is ready.

AM980_Court Showing the Genest video. Rafferty and McClintic "had not a care in the world" Gowdey says. Showing the second visit.

Crown says Rafferty lied to McClintic who was in detention after murder to string her along to make sure she didn't turn on him

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
Crown now replaying jail house videos where #Rafferty went to visit TLM on May, 8 and May 12, 2009

Crown now showing video highlights of #Rafferty visiting McClintic at Genest Detention Centre “Kids with not a care in the world”

Showing the Genest video. Rafferty and McClintic "had not a care in the world" Gowdey says. Showing the second visit.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty had McClintic "right where he wanted her in the palm of his hand" ensuring she would not tell police what she knew

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty needed to keep McClintic onside and find out what she knew

Rafferty had McClintic "right where he wanted her, in the palm of his hand" Gowdey says.

Rafferty, not coincidentally Gowdey says, visited a second time just after McClintic was interrogated by police.

Hmmmm MR rolled his eyes at the mention of Bonnie and Clyde just like he did the first time. At least he's consistent. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003