Trial Thread - 9 May 2012 Judge to give Jury Instructions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an interview this morning of Rodney speaking yesterday, after he left the courthouse.

His voice was filled with anxiety, IMO, and he said he couldn't take it anymore, that he felt like he was going to burst, that he needed to say something (but couldn't).

Poor guy. My heart just breaks for him and his pain. :(

I will be thankful and waiting patiently, and with a heavy heart, for Rodney to say what he wants to say when the Jury goes out, or whenever he is ready.

That is so sad, I too hope he gets his say when he is ready.

Do you have the link for that by any chance?

TIA

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Crown now on #Rafferty's blackberry use and what it shows about his movements/actions the day Tori was taken

After driving by Oliver Stephens, he texted Barbara Armstrong about buying percocets. He then BBM'd Charity Spitzig for cash....

...and updated his Facebook status with "everything good is coming my way" soon after.

@AM980_Court After driving by Oliver Stephens, he texted Barbara Armstrong about buying percocets. He then BBM'd Charity Spitzig for cash....

@AM980_Court ..,and updated his Facebook status with "everything good is coming my way" soon after.

Was that post done by phone BTW?

RaffertyLFP: Gowdeys says the battery of the Blackberry was out for a while around 3:30 pmuntil 4:19 - he missed a call

Going over blackberry use on April 8th. Activity stopped from 3:45 until 4:18. Then he checked his messages. He had missed a call.

Gowdey says that shows McClintic's evidence was accurate.

Here lies the problem, premeditated would be first degree, after the fact I am not so sure.

Falling behind here, so it's probably been mentioned.

Premeditation could happen in a matter of a minute.

I believe this was well planned out by MR anyway.

Our law states "while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping and forcible confinement". So I don't see how it needs to be pre-meditated. IMO. Once he was aware he was in on this kidnapping-and he had to have at one point- he was helping to commit it. Any innocent dupe would have picked up their Blackberry (we know he knew how to do this) and called the police, or driven the child to a police station or safe spot. When he made the decision not to do this he was helping with the kidnapping. Driving Down a deserted lane-way is not a safe spot. His actions caused this childs death. Maybe not directly but he was in on it. Who knows when he was in on it but he was at one point....

Morally yes ... Legally I am not sure it is considered 1st degree.

ni matou ...I think that post was on his computer before he left to do abuction....you can check that for sure on evidence from crown tho...I am sure on home computer a fb post!

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said no activity from Blackberry around 7 p.m. Rafferty was "committing the sexual assault and murder of Tori Stafford at that time

From 7:03 to 7:46, no outgoing calls. Gowdey suggests he was "otherwise occupied" in Mount Forest.

Gowdey gets more specific. "He, at that point, was committing the sexual assault of Tori Stafford"

AM980_Court From 7:03 to 7:46, no outgoing calls. Gowdey suggests he was "otherwise occupied" in Mount Forest.

AM980_Court As soon as the assault and murder was over, he began messaging other girlfriends.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said after 8 pm Rafferty was back to Blackberry chatting with girlfriends "he never skipped a beat"

As soon as the assault and murder was over, he began messaging other girlfriends.

I hope MR continues to act out in the prisoners box ... the jury will view him as immature and as wanting to jump out of the box and tell it like it is (control) - according to MR.

The jury could also view it in the exact opposite manner. He has completely had it with being accused of acts he did not do. There could be one of these thinkers in the 12. JMO MOO IMO

AM980_Court Gowdey gets more specific. "He, at that point, was committing the sexual assault of Tori Stafford"....this tweeter is in reference to cell phone off !

RaffertyLFP Gowdey said after 8 pm Rafferty was back to Blackberry chatting with girlfriends "he never skipped a beat"

Crown recapping the activity on #Rafferty's BB that shows the path he took from Woodstock to Mt. Forest

on lack of activity on #Rafferty's BB around 7 pm Crown:"He at that point was committing the sexual assault and murder of Tori Stafford"

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey talks about Rafferty buying hair dye on April 11 (receipt shown) followed immediately by call to McClintic

Showing the boxes of hair dye Rafferty bought at Wal-Mart. Purchased at 7:23, he calls and texts her at 7:29.

Morally yes ... Legally I am not sure it is considered 1st degree.

she was killed during a kidnapping. That is considered first degree automatically (I linked to the legal definition on the last page)

@AM980_Court Showing the boxes of hair dye Rafferty bought at Wal-Mart. Purchased at 7:23, he calls and texts her at 7:29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste