Tropical Storm Issac aims toward U.S.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a good chance Isaac will come ashore in Gulfport or New Orleans as a cat 2, with a cat 3 not ruled out.

Katrina came ashore as a cat 3. Prayers to people all along the gulf.

----------------------------------------

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2012/08/new_orleans_area_now_under_isa.html

The National Hurricane Center has placed the New Orleans area under a hurricane watch for Isaac, which is now forecast to make landfall at Gulfport on Wednesday at 7 a.m. as a Category 2 hurricane with sustained winds of 105 mph. The new forecast extends the hurricane watch area westward to Morgan City.

We arrived in Pcola in June during a tropical storm. Winds 30-40 miles an hour with heavy rain and could hardly see anything in front of our car.

Got to Pcola beach and the rental company parking lot had water up to our ankles. Roads flooded with the outer lanes swamped. Rental house was dry though. Saw on the news feet of water flooding Pcola! Something like 13 inches of rain in 2 or 3 days. After a couple of days weather was nice and roads drained quickly.

I can't imagine a cat 2 or 3!

talking abt evacuations in ft meyers. weather guy said someabout about a 'hurricane george' and this being like that, i don't remember a george.

We're getting a "taste" of Isaac now in South Florida.....so, Cajun friends take heed as the winds are gusty and the rain is torrential! Peace out!

yay.

9f1ebfbcb9f2__1345937370000.png

ATLANTA -- Georgia remains in the Forecast Cone of Tropical Storm Isaac. The latest from the National Hurricane Center now increases the storm to a Category 2 hurricane as it makes landfall Tuesday most likely along the Florida panhandle.

At 5pm, Isaac had 60mph winds as it emerges back over water after crossing the eastern tip of Cuba. It is forecast to strengthen into a category 1 hurricane as it moves over the Florida Keys Sunday afternoon. Isaac will strengthen in the Gulf of Mexico and become a category 2 storm with 100mph max winds before landfall on Tuesday along the panhandle.

Once the storm moves inland, it will begin to weaken. However, it will be a big rain producer and storm producer as it moves closer to Georgia. We will begin to see some off and on outerbands on Tuesday in metro Atlanta and north Georgia. The heaviest rain will be on Wednesday and Thursday. Some computer models show a potential of 8-10" of rain in some parts of the state. Notice the last symbol on the track brings it down to a tropical depression as it moves closer to the Georgia/Alabama line near Carrollton on Thursday afternoon.

It looks like I will be floating away next week!

Hurricane OPAL destroyed our roof! We literally had water running down the walls through the floor and into the basement!

=/ I'm just thrilled...

I'm in Cobb County, and remember Opal coming through. Had a huge tree come down in our back yard, twelve feet from the house. Not fun! Today's models don't look as bad for us, but I am so worried about my in-laws in Pensacola. I think it was Ivan that just tore that area up. That footage of the Escambia Bay bridge with a huge gap in the middle, and a semi hanging off of it, I will never forget.

Everyone, please stay safe and evac sooner rather than later! Lives are much more important than possessions!

Hey! I live about 60 miles from Appalachicola. It is a beautiful area.:seeya:

HEY back! They bought a Ranger Tug ( really cute little boats!) From Wefings Marine. It has had some mechanical issues and they left it there for a few weeks. They love it over there too! We have not made it there with them yest but have me them and the boat in Panama City and Amelia Island. Planned to take it to the Keys this summer but did not work out. I have lots of family and Friends in Fl and I spend a lot of time there! Maybe we'll can have lunch sometime!

I'm in Cobb County, and remember Opal coming through. Had a huge tree come down in our back yard, twelve feet from the house. Not fun! Today's models don't look as bad for us, but I am so worried about my in-laws in Pensacola. I think it was Ivan that just tore that area up. That footage of the Escambia Bay bridge with a huge gap in the middle, and a semi hanging off of it, I will never forget.

Everyone, please stay safe and evac sooner rather than later! Lives are much more important than possessions!

I had a very dear friend that lived in Pcol Beach. He stayed with his house through Ivan and watched fish swim by his sliding glass door.

as of now the center landfall is showing Gulf Port Mississippi. Hurricane's are very fickle and are not 100% predictable. Remember these computer models goes off of historical data of previous Hurricanes, and then meteorologist look at the other weather pattern's that might affect it. It is best to be prepared at all times to some degree. NOLA is not a good thing, even if it is a tropical depression you all are going to have flooding issues. Take care, and this would be the best time to get in your car and drive out of state to visit family or take a vacation before any major evacuations.

as of now the center landfall is showing Gulf Port Mississippi. Hurricane's are very fickle and are not 100% predictable. Remember these computer models goes off of historical data of previous Hurricanes, and then meteorologist look at the other weather pattern's that might affect it. It is best to be prepared at all times to some degree. NOLA is not a good thing, even if it is a tropical depression you all are going to have flooding issues. Take care, and this would be the best time to get in your car and drive out of state to visit family or take a vacation before any major evacuations.

Since they can't figure out where it's going, it is not going to give much time to actually evacuate.

71037_110805381390_6836234_n.jpg

Georgia Emergency Management Agency
https://www.facebook.com/GEMA.OHS

Frequent updates on Issac.... press releases,
current weather conditions, flooding potential,
storm surge, tide forcast, wind threat and
tornado watches and warnings
videos, photos, mapping etc
394560_10151162220941391_1790521515_n.jpg

Since they can't figure out where it's going, it is not going to give much time to actually evacuate.

That's why we are always told to not trust the models and to evacuate early. I got the e-mail early this morning from my local EM that we were under a hurricane watch and they said to evacuate today if we were planning to evacuate.

as of now the center landfall is showing Gulf Port Mississippi. Hurricane's are very fickle and are not 100% predictable. Remember these computer models goes off of historical data of previous Hurricanes, and then meteorologist look at the other weather pattern's that might affect it. It is best to be prepared at all times to some degree. NOLA is not a good thing, even if it is a tropical depression you all are going to have flooding issues. Take care, and this would be the best time to get in your car and drive out of state to visit family or take a vacation before any major evacuations.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of unpredictable.....there was a hurricane named Jeanne in 2005 that had the strangest path! It literally did a loop-de-loop in the middle of the Atlantic and came straight at Florida!
Drain those swimming pools down a bit, put up the hurricane shutters, have plenty of water, medication, cigs (I know, I know), some beer, food, and keep the kiddies and pets indoors. It is heading towards the deep South and it is no joke. Please friends be careful!:please:

Oh my. If it is anything like Geoges it will bring flooding rain. Georges left 10 inches of rain where we were in FL. And heavy wind blew down signs. The lagoon flooded and all low lying areas flooded. That is the problem wit these hurricanes. You may think it is not a big one but it can wreck havoc.

That's why we are always told to not trust the models and to evacuate early. I got the e-mail early this morning from my local EM that we were under a hurricane watch and they said to evacuate today if we were planning to evacuate.

There are lots of people who aren't able to evacuate.
Not everybody is ablebodied with a reliable transportation.

There are lots of people who aren't able to evacuate.
Not everybody is ablebodied with a reliable transportation.

There are programs out there that will help those not able to evacuate. I hope its not a repeat of Katrina where thousands of new orleans people stayed put, and then wondered why they were stuck on roofs and why they weren't rescued immediately. If they would have evacuated like they were told to do so, then I don't think it would have been so tragic!

There are programs out there that will help those not able to evacuate. I hope its not a repeat of Katrina where thousands of new orleans people stayed put, and then wondered why they were stuck on roofs and why they weren't rescued immediately. If they would have evacuated like they were told to do so, then I don't think it would have been so tragic!

What programs? There is like a couple of days until this hurricane arrives. What programs are going to evacuate people that aren't able to do it? All of this is easier said then done.
And then people are blamed for not evacuating when they probably didn't have reliable transportation to even be able to do so.

It all depends on the high pressure that is building up in the tenn. valley, if the high pressure is a large one, Issac will go westward, if it is weaker high pressure, it will go up towards the panhandle. Meteorologist do not have that data yet. They will late tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member