Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago I was involved in a jury trial and as potential witness myself and a few others were kept out of the courtroom during testimony and were only allowed in to testify. We were kept in an anteroom next to the courtroom
that was just a table and about 6 chairs.

We were saying C&G might stay home and watch livestream, even if admonished not to.
If they are shut up in a room like we were, they will have no way to view the trial in any way. The trial I was involved in lasted 3 days and we were kept in that room the whole time. During breaks we were allowed out to pee, get a drink, smoke, etc and we also spoke to other people who WERE in the courtroom, but had to stay right outside in the hallway where a uniformed court officer stood and watched us very carefully. Ostensibly so peeps IN the courtroom didn't talk to the witnesses (us) who were, "sequestered".
This was a very sensitive case regarding an 8 yr old boy being molested by his schoolteacher. In the courtroom but not part of this trial were the parents of another boy who was molested by same guy before this boy was molested, but they never filed charges as they couldn't bear to put their son through it. They just moved out of town and started over, and were attending to trial for ?? reasons.

Just FYI.

:waitasec: What hearing is scheduled for 1:00 PM?

Adam Longo just tweeted about it..defense objecting to the secret location? Don't know if it's the secret part or the location part.

of course the DT doesn't want it a secret....they want more media attention....MO

RH talking about Jury locations. Pinellas *sp? county, Palm beach, Miami best for defense

Adam Longo just tweeted about it..defense objecting to the secret location? Don't know if it's the secret part or the location part.

This isn't clear at all. Baez told Perry he did not agree with the media's attempt to get the location on the docket.

Well, color me confused! I keep hearing on IS that the defense wants to proceed on Monday. That they think it was silly for the media to pull this at the last minute. I have no idea what to think now! :waitasec:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135285"]Please post Tweets here[/ame]

I'm not sure this denial really means anything. :waitasec:

The defense wants to proceed on Monday.

So, perhaps the Appellate Court is simply going to deny the appeal.

Basically, then the defense won't have to bother wasting any more time on it? :waitasec:

Softail,

The defense wants to go ahead, yet they are appealing for an extension? I don't understand - can you expound?

:nevermind:

In the news thread, it appears the hearing is because the DT is objecting to the new venue location!

:nevermind:

In the news thread, it appears the hearing is because the DT is objecting to the new venue location!

How are they going to have a hearing on this without spilling the beans? Or is that the goal? I thought only one member knew the place so is it going to be one DT member and one State member? Will ICA be there? Will CA rush over to beg her to talk to them? Oh the drama.

The defense has objected to the location of the jury selection. Hearing today at 1:00 p.m.

Separate issue: The appeals court has denied the defense motion for an extension of time to file their response to the media appeal for keeping jury location secret.

ETA: JB and CM better stay off TV today and get some work done!

He tweeted about a hearing at 1:00 PM today? I haven't heard about this via InSessions.

I don't know how it ended up in teh InSessions thread; I'm at work and happened to check the news thread.

I went to the bathroom and missed what? :eek: Tru never said anything that I heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member