Tuesday with Nancy Grace 09.09.08 8PM

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, she is rude and if she doesn't like the answer the guest gives then she's likely to made a rude comment. I usually don't watch her unless the case is something I'm intestested in like this case. On the other hand she has a lot of fans and her show is one of the top rated on CNN. I like Greta's show better but she doesn't always cover the latest crime story like Nancy does.

You mean like when Nancy interrupted Nate to find out what foods Casey was specifically cooking? And went on and on over this point like a child? Because it would've mattered whether Casey was cooking a Lasagna instead of, say, cheeseburgers? Or cheeseburgers instead of a Lasagna? Because, I suppose, a person who cooks Lasagna would tend to be a baby-killer ... more so than a person who cooks cheeseburgers?

Real important interruptions.

:other_beatingA_Dead:other_beatingA_Dead thanks for my first laugh of the day, those lasagna killers are quite crafty.

The commercials are at least partly responsible for the frantic pace of this show that has NG interrupting guests before they get two words out. Like they only have 15 seconds for this segment so hurry it up. I think that was why she was so rude to TM - he's a slow talker and wasn't answering fast enough.

This pacing is particularly ridiculous on a night when they really have nothing new to report and are repeating the same information over and over like it's hot off the wires.

And, yes, NG is a pretty lousy interviewer, especially when she is asking for details just so she can fly into a rant. "You mean she was cooking PASTA! Her child was missing and she was cooking pasta!!"

The way TV shows like this one and even many of the regular news shows misuse the term "breaking news" is ridiculous.

I was a newspaper reporter and editor for many years. Breaking news used to mean a story that was breaking as you were on deadline or going to press, a developing story that may not have all the details just yet or before the presses rolled. It's not a story that has been around for two days but we haven't reported it yet. Or a story we haven't reported since last hour.

There are some times, I admit, Nancy can get on my 'last nerve'. But, still I love her!

She was Special Prosecutor in Atlanta Fulton County District Attorney's office. Nancy never lost a case, of almost 100 felony convictions at trial. (

Now I think that's impressive. Nancy really is a caring person who is passionate about her work as a victim right's advocate!

Oh how I would love to see Nancy get ahold of Casey Anthony!

I was a newspaper reporter and editor for many years. Breaking news used to mean a story that was breaking as you were on deadline or going to press, a developing story that may not have all the details just yet or before the presses rolled. It's not a story that has been around for two days but we haven't reported it yet. Or a story we haven't reported since last hour.

I was a sports writer/photographer/editor. Nothing like a deadline, eh?

I have two guesses about Nancy Grace:

1.) Her personality on her show is an act of sorts. She deliberately goes over the top in attitude toward her guests, and they're well aware it's going to happen. I can't see professionals -- psychologists, lawyers, forensics experts, etc. -- being talked to so rudely and sometimes with such immaturity without flinching, unless they're forewarned about the act. The reason for the act would be to have an edge in the overcrowded industry of broadcast media. (This wouldn't mean that she doesn't care about crime victims, because it's obvious that she does.) If it's not an act, how could the guests not have a look of wonderment much of the time?

2.) Nancy has a narcissistic personality and her guests are kind of incredulous at her manner, yet they walk on eggshells (as most of us do around moody, know-it-all types who can be set off on a whim and are suddenly angry and rude).

I like her, but something is up.

Come now, that's just Nancy. She is deliberately provocative -- that's a big part of her draw to her fans. People tune in expecting to see her engage in precisely the sort of behavior you're describing. I agree with other posters here -- no point in watching her if you don't like her style, because she's not going to change it anytime soon!

It's worth considering that her panels of attorneys, experts, etc., all realize that her behavior will be part of the show. I'd love to be there when they're just chatting. It's all a carefully choreographed event designed to be provocative -- look how well it works!

NG - ya either love her or ya hate her. I have seen few on the fence.

Personally, I love to hate her! I still watch her every night that she is covering something I'm interested in. Even though it's usually a rehash of what I already read here, sometimes 2 days before.

The problem with Nancy is that she's gotten popular on her 'schtick' and isn't able to veer from that persona now. She's gotten the rating from her CourtTV days as the screechy one and now she (kind of) has to stay in that mode. The fact that's a natural place for her to operate is all the more unfortunate. She gets sooooo old with the screechy interruptions. I usually last 15 min total and then turn the channel.

There are some times, I admit, Nancy can get on my 'last nerve'. But, still I love her!

She was Special Prosecutor in Atlanta Fulton County District Attorney's office. Nancy never lost a case, of almost 100 felony convictions at trial. (

Now I think that's impressive. Nancy really is a caring person who is passionate about her work as a victim right's advocate!

Oh how I would love to see Nancy get ahold of Casey Anthony!

Posted by DC Attorney on 6/24/05
http://counsel.net/chatboards/attorneys/topic1309/6.24.05.05.23.33.html

<Snip>

"On her Court TV biography page, Grace lists her perfect record of nearly
100 felony convictions at trial and no losses. This record is slightly
less impressive, however, when you review the 11th Circuit’s decision,
which, while upholding the conviction, criticizes Grace for failing to
follow her obligation to disclose information about other potential
suspects to defense counsel, as well as knowingly using a detective’s
false testimony that there were no other suspects. And this wasn’t the
first time Grace was criticized for her unethical behavior as a
prosecutor. In 1997, the Georgia Supreme Court called her improper
summations and her withholding evidence from the defense "inexcusable."
Carr v. State, 267 Ga. 701 (1997). And in 1995, the same court reversed
one of Grace’s convictions because she "exceeded the wide latitude of
closing argument" by referring to the defendant’s prior convictions,
which were not relevant to the case. Bell v. State, 263 Ga. 776 (1994).

I don’t think it’s going out on a limb to say that achieving victory for
your client, whether complainant or defendant, must be done ethically. In
Stephens, Grace failed to follow her basic ethical obligations to
disclose relevant information to the defense. This was not just a mistake
on Grace’s part, but a purposeful and egregious tactic done to ensure a
conviction.

Grace is completely unapologetic about her actions, saying only that the
case was one of 100 that she successfully prosecuted. This attitude is
completely unacceptable, however. The defendant in this case was denied a
fair trial due to the trickery and deceit of a state actor, which is bad
enough. But to have that state actor now star on her own legal talk show
and suffer no consequences? I am hardly the first to suggest this, but
let me add my name to those calling for Grace’s resignation from CNN."

OK, I know a lot of you watched Nancy Grace last night. The Casey/Tony roommate guy - he was NOTHING like the roommate that was on Greta van Susteran. Look at this:

http://daliagirl33.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/different-june-roommate/

Sounded different, different texture of hair. I guess I'm not surprised if Nancy got scammed - remember the OJ Broco chase and the "supposed" neighbor who told all about how he could see what was going on at OJ's house when he got back there in the Bronco and then mentioned "Howard Stern"?

What do you all think?

From the interview last night, Nate stated that it was a 24 hour apartment or some such. I took that to mean it was a party house and he discussed how Casey also didn't think it was a proper place for Caylee. With that said, I would guess that there could have been more than a few guys crashing/staying there.

I was kind of wondering that myself ... don't think we have ever heard about a "Nate" living with TonE, only CH. I could be mistaken ... to many peeps involved in this case!

Perhaps he was a different roommate? Do we know how many roommates Tony had? Also, it has been said that the roommate that appeared on Greta recieved death threats so it is possible that they changed his appearance and altered his voice to protect him.

I do believe he was a roommate.... I found him very credible and understood he was not the Clint that was on Greta...

I believe Nate~ why would he have had his face/identity hidden if he was Clint? Makes no sense to me.

I agree with liltigress, any number of friends could crash there as long as they needed. I remember it happening my friends apartment too back in my younger days. It was the apartment where everyone went (to party) and crashed if they needed.

The voices are completely different. The stories are completely different. The stature of the bodies are completely different and the hair is different.

This was NOT the same room mate from GVS interview. The one on Greta (Clint) was only staying there temporarily and has now moved away from Orlando (Jacksonville, IIRC). The roommate from last night, Nate, actually SHARED the apartment with Tony. Two different people.

I doubt Nancy was scammed. The producers are very careful about who they put on. Someone's not going to call and be like "hey, I was a roommate of KC" and Nancy Grace slaps them on the show w/o any research or proof.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain
Back