Tunnel vision, why was "Amy" overlooked?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not true. It was written here many, many times, that the pineapple goes through the digestive tract much faster than that.
I realize. The fact that it's been written here doesn't make it true.
My research has led me to question this. Why do you believe JonBenet was awake?

The pineapple may have been eaten ~6 hours before death, and I am not confident that Burke's recollection was...

A) accurate.

-OR-

B) portrayed accurately.

BBM
Why is that?

Mistaken? How? It's hard to mistake a girl deeply asleep, carried by the parents with a fully awake girl, walking and talking.

Pineapple eaten by JonBenet shortly before her death. Pineapple in the bowl, on the table in the breakfast room. Only the figerprints of Patsy and Burke were found on it, so it seems someone served it to JonBenet, and certainly not when she was asleep.

It is rather hard to imagine an intruder, who just broke into Ramsey's house, feeling so comfortable in there, that he brought his victim to the kitchen, found the pineapple in the fridge, served it to JonBenet and sat there calmly, watching her. Ergo, the person who served the pineapple must be one of the family members. So it corroborates Burke's statement about JonBenet being awake, when they came home.

Fingerprints on the bowl only tell us that Mrs Ramsey and Burke both touched the bowl. The fingerprints don’t tell us when they touched the bowl, or who put the pineapple in the bowl and they don’t tell us anything about the circumstances under which Jonbenet ate the pineapple.

There is no evidence to show that she was served – served into/onto what?

She ate a piece, a very small amount, she didn’t make a meal of it, it wasn’t a snack – it was a piece. She could have eaten it on her own, without anyone being aware of it, as long as there was pineapple in the bowl (or, anywhere!). For a few possible, “innocent” explanations, see here: http://tinyurl.com/k4jlv5g

AK

In most cases with most people we could say that the pineapple would have went from here to there in an hour and a half (the shortest time given by a BPD expert), and in rarer cases with certain people it could have been ingested as early as 4:30 (the longest time given by a BPD expert). I don’t know which one of these Jonbenet was, and neither does anyone else.

On some forums, they say that the pineapple would have taken only a half hour. That’s fine, but how that connects the ingestion to the crime I don’t know.

There is a discrepancy between Burke’s version and the parent’s: awake vs asleep. If we believe Burke’s version, than Jonbenet was awake, but she still went straight to bed. There is no version wherein Jonbenet does not go straight to bed, or wherein pineapple is served up and/or eaten.

In his book, p. 317, Steve Thomas explained the discrepancy like this: “I felt that this poor kid [Burke] was confused and that he really had no idea what had happened that night.”

AK

Fingerprints on the bowl only tell us that Mrs Ramsey and Burke both touched the bowl. The fingerprints don’t tell us when they touched the bowl, or who put the pineapple in the bowl and they don’t tell us anything about the circumstances under which Jonbenet ate the pineapple.

They also tell us that no intruder touched the bowl and that the bowl came from the Ramsey household. And they tell us that JonBenet did not take the bowl out of the fridge/cupboard, as there are no fingerprints of her on that bowl. So it leaves two people as the ones who could take it out and put on the table - Burke and Patsy.

She ate a piece, a very small amount, she didn’t make a meal of it, it wasn’t a snack – it was a piece. She could have eaten it on her own, without anyone being aware of it, as long as there was pineapple in the bowl (or, anywhere!)

If that was one piece of pineapple she had to eat it very shortly before death. One piece would not last in her digestive tract for hours.
Anyway we don't know the exact amount of the pineapple eaten by JonBenet. As far as I remember it wasn't stated anywhere.

Now, Patsy stated:

Tom Haney: and you'd said earlier you'd cleaned off the table after breakfast?
Patsy: I cleaned off the table.
Tom Haney: so that, that wasn't there.
Patsy: hm-mm. No. I've not seen that.

So, according to Patsy, there was no bowl on the table before they went to the Whites. Either Patsy lied (and had some filthy habits, concerning the food storage) or she told the truth and there was no bowl, because she put it on the table after they'd came back from the Christmas party. There was no pineapple served at Whites so the bowl had to be a source of the pineapple found in the JonBenet's digestive track.

Now, I strongly believe that there was someone else at the Ramseys home that night. Some kind of family friend, so close to them, that they served him tea in the breakfast room, rather informal part of the house, not in the living room. This person was given the hot tea (a beverage nobody in the Ramsey family liked, mind you) with a tea bag still floating in the cup. So our stranger fished it out and put in the nearest empty dish he found - the water glass. I believe he came there to molest JonBenet and it ended up tragically. After she died all the traces of the stranger's presence had to be wiped out, so the cup was probably washed, or stuffed in the dishwasher. The bowl and the water glass were left on the table, forgotten, because Ramseys were too busy with staging, needed to cover up the fact that they willingly allowed their daughter to be sexually abused.

I realize. The fact that it's been written here doesn't make it true.
My research has led me to question this. Why do you believe JonBenet was awake?

Are we still on the pineapple? How hard is it to see she ate the pineapple after coming home from the white's party. Whether the Rams where aware or not???? I dunno.

Fact-JB ate pineapple 2-3 hours prior to death. Pineapple was found in digestive tract at time of autopsy.

Can we please move past this pineapple? TIA!

They also tell us that no intruder touched the bowl and that the bowl came from the Ramsey household. And they tell us that JonBenet did not take the bowl out of the fridge/cupboard, as there are no fingerprints of her on that bowl. So it leaves two people as the ones who could take it out and put on the table - Burke and Patsy.

If that was one piece of pineapple she had to eat it very shortly before death. One piece would not last in her digestive tract for hours.
Anyway we don't know the exact amount of the pineapple eaten by JonBenet. As far as I remember it wasn't stated anywhere.

Now, Patsy stated:

Tom Haney: and you'd said earlier you'd cleaned off the table after breakfast?
Patsy: I cleaned off the table.
Tom Haney: so that, that wasn't there.
Patsy: hm-mm. No. I've not seen that.

So, according to Patsy, there was no bowl on the table before they went to the Whites. Either Patsy lied (and had some filthy habits, concerning the food storage) or she told the truth and there was no bowl, because she put it on the table after they'd came back from the Christmas party. There was no pineapple served at Whites so the bowl had to be a source of the pineapple found in the JonBenet's digestive track.

Now, I strongly believe that there was someone else at the Ramseys home that night. Some kind of family friend, so close to them, that they served him tea in the breakfast room, rather informal part of the house, not in the living room. This person was given the hot tea (a beverage nobody in the Ramsey family liked, mind you) with a tea bag still floating in the cup. So our stranger fished it out and put in the nearest empty dish he found - the water glass. I believe he came there to molest JonBenet and it ended up tragically. After she died all the traces of the stranger's presence had to be wiped out, so the cup was probably washed, or stuffed in the dishwasher. The bowl and the water glass were left on the table, forgotten, because Ramseys were too busy with staging, needed to cover up the fact that they willingly allowed their daughter to be sexually abused.

BBM

It makes sense that only their finger prints are on the bowl. IMO, I don't think JB was asleep upon returning home. Fell asleep in the car and then she was woken up when being taken out of the car.(this happens to my 2 boys all the time...lol). I think after the Rams went to sleep, JB and B went downstairs and B got out the pineapple and JB grabbed some with her fingers. This is all moo, as I am a BDI.

BTW, it's good to be reading your posts again, KK. We've missed your insights, your wit, and your sorry pyrate butt. :giggle:

BTW, it's good to be reading your posts again, KK. We've missed your insights, your wit, and your sorry pyrate butt. :giggle:

I was quite pleased to hear you calling in on Tricia's podcast with Kolar, myself.

While my insights and wit are the worse for wear, life being what it is, my sorry pyrate butt never seems to get any less sorry. That's the good part of pyrating: the worse, the better!

The pineapple may have been eaten ~6 hours before death, and I am not confident that Burke's recollection was...

A) accurate.

-OR-

B) portrayed accurately.

6 hours?
This gets longer every time anyone talks about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back