Still Missing Turkey - Jamal Khashoggi, 59, Washington Post columnist, Istanbul, 3 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jamal Khashoggi killing: Anger as US offers Saudi crown prince immunity over journalist's murder​

Joe Biden had previously vowed to make a "pariah" out of the country's rulers following the 2018 outrage, but the State Department is now pressing for immunity from prosecution.

Joe Biden has been accused of "capitulation" after his administration said Saudi Arabia's crown prince should not face legal action over the murder of a US-based journalist.

Despite the US president having previously vowed to make a "pariah" out of the country's rulers following the 2018 killing of Jamal Khashoggi, the State Department has declared Mohammed bin Salman's high office should protect him from prosecution for his alleged role in the slaying.

Jamal Khashoggi killing: Anger as US offers Saudi crown prince immunity over journalist's murder​

Joe Biden had previously vowed to make a "pariah" out of the country's rulers following the 2018 outrage, but the State Department is now pressing for immunity from prosecution.

Joe Biden has been accused of "capitulation" after his administration said Saudi Arabia's crown prince should not face legal action over the murder of a US-based journalist.

Despite the US president having previously vowed to make a "pariah" out of the country's rulers following the 2018 killing of Jamal Khashoggi, the State Department has declared Mohammed bin Salman'shigh office should protect him from prosecution for his alleged role in the slaying.

"Biden administration says Saudi Prince has Immunity in Khashoggi kiliing lawsuit"

Before people jump all over Biden, digging further into the article:

"This is a legal determination made by the State Department under long-standing and well established principles of customary international law"- a spokesman for the White House National Security Council said in a written statement.IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MERITS OF THE CASE.

"Biden administration says Saudi Prince has Immunity in Khashoggi kiliing lawsuit"

Before people jump all over Biden, digging further into the article:

"This is a legal determination made by the State Department under long-standing and well established principles of customary international law"- a spokesman for the White House National Security Council said in a written statement.IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MERITS OF THE CASE.
It is a misnomer to suggest Biden OFFERED IMMUNITY. Just another way to slam Biden IMO.

Oh I see. I'm so relieved for the explanation. Thanks @ilovewings

It's all over a lot of different news outlets, and they must be all just copying each other.

Oh I see. I'm so relieved for the explanation. Thanks @ilovewings

It's all over a lot of different news outlets, and they must be all just copying each other.

This is a controversial decision and there are those that prefer to ignore the issue of International Law-- Some believe Biden should have over-ridden that law to do "the right thing"- I am not of that belief.

This is a controversial decision and there are those that prefer to ignore the issue of International Law-- Some believe Biden should have over-ridden that law to do "the right thing"- I am not of that belief.
I agree with you, after reading up a bit and thinking it over.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx
Back