GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conflicting media reports caused irreparable damage in my brain.
We already analyzed this issue a lot today but how can they write absolutely opposite things at the same time?

It seems like there is still no proof that he is involved in the murder.

It would be very unexpected if it turns out that they were together the previous night but Taylan was not involved in murder.

So either Taylan told LE he never was romantically involved or he told them they had sex in a bar bathroom. Okaaay. That's not even close. Geez.

Or he may have told them two different stories at two different times.

So either Taylan told LE he never was romantically involved or he told them they had sex in a bar bathroom. Okaaay. That's not even close. Geez.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the truth was actually that she accidentally went into the wrong sex bathroom at a bar and didn't think the wallpaper was very romantic looking.

I just realized... what if the New York Post is using Google translate?!? That would explain a LOT.

In reality, though I don't agree with the drug mule theory knowingly or not. I do think this trip was more then just about photography. I think she met this community of people and individuals who made her feel really special in a way she hadn't for a very long time, not neccasarily in planning an affair sort of way, but just in a way that really pulled her there. I think photography was what initially connected her to these people, but I don't believe it was photography alone that compelled her to go on this trip.

And I don't think the friend was ever going. But I think she agreed to go along with it for sarai.

I don't think drug dealing was her pull either.

I agree. If drug mule scenario was likely, Turkish officials (Istanbul Governor, Turkish Airlines) wouldn't offer to transport the casket for free and upgrade her family's tickets to business class. After all, it's taxpayers' money.

If SS had anything to hide, she would act more like we would expect from a tourist. At least carry along a dummy camera, frequently post pictures.

And, I really don't doubt that she was a very sweet, kind person. And, her death is perhaps due to a random act of violence.

Yet, I am really curious how she spent that time in Istanbul. I lived in Istanbul most of my life, and in Taksim since 1999. So used to seeing tourists around. The SS in the footage is walking at such a determined, brisk pace. Expats walk like that. But tourists are more like children in a candy store, they walk around in awe, admiration of what they are seeing, experiencing. The security cameras barely catch her face. Is this my selective perception?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the truth was actually that she accidentally went into the wrong sex bathroom at a bar and didn't think the wallpaper was very romantic looking.

I just realized... what if the New York Post is using Google translate?!? That would explain a LOT.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The last "they did" & "they did not" is from two turkish sources.

You know that game where you whisper something to other person and people keep doing that and the result is very funny? Telephone game or chinese whisperers or kulaktan kulaga (turkish). This is exactly like that except this is a serious case so its not funny.

Maybe the friend was cool with going along with it, saying she backed out at the last minute until she realized she was being crucified by John Q. Public for abandoning her friend to die.

For the record- I don't blame the friend whatsoever- but I've seen comments on MSM articles that seem to indicate that some people do.

Honestly, if I were the friend, I don't think I would feel guilty for not going, either last minute or months before. What I would most likely feel is relief that I had not gone, to be horribly honest. SS's friend going along doesn't guarantee the same would not have happened, but perhaps both dying. What I would feel guilty about, though, is if I went along with some plan to fool the husband into believing I could not go when I had never planned on going.

More - Another source

-Its been learned that Taylan's actual name is Tarkan.

-Nothing suspicious found in her emails yet.

-They met when SS commented on a photo Tarkan posted on August. Since then they have been talking on skype.
Tarkan K. said they met on 20th of Jan in Beyoglu went to a bar together and had sex in the toilet.

Sarai Sierra ile 20 Ocak’ta Beyoğlu’nda buluştuğunu, birlikte bir bara gittilerini söyledi. Tarkan K., Sarai Sierra ile aralarındaki yakınlaşmanın ardından bar tuvaletinde birlikte olduklarını kaydetti.

The hole she was found is closed and sealed. All the beds and properties are taken & cleared.

Current situation of investigation

-Gmail sent the records yestarday. There are thousands of emails and investigation is expected to last at least 2 days.
- 500 security cameras recordings are being watched.
-200 people questioned.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22539865.asp

Easy to find on Facebook. Lives in Istanbul... Not sure if it's the right person so I hate to link, but google it as T***** Taylan and you'll get it. Notice what he 'likes'.

ETA --- not sure if this is the right guy. Seems young and has no photographs on there, like the ones we saw on IG.

ETA again ---- This name (no matter what you put first or last) seems about as common in Turkey as Joe Smith here in the US. We don't know if that's even his actual name either, but I'm going to keep looking.

More - Another source

-Its been learned that Taylan's actual name is Tarkan.

-Nothing suspicious found in her emails yet.

-They met when SS commented on a photo Tarkan posted on August. Since then they have been talking on skype.
Tarkan K. said they met on 20th of Jan in Beyoglu went to a bar together and had sex in the toilet.

Sarai Sierra ile 20 Ocak’ta Beyoğlu’nda buluştuğunu, birlikte bir bara gittilerini söyledi. Tarkan K., Sarai Sierra ile aralarındaki yakınlaşmanın ardından bar tuvaletinde birlikte olduklarını kaydetti.

The hole she was found is closed and sealed. All the beds and properties are taken & cleared.

Current situation of investigation

-Gmail sent the records yestarday. There are thousands of emails and investigation is expected to last at least 2 days.
- 500 security cameras recordings are being watched.
-200 people questioned.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22539865.asp

Vatan (newspaper) wrote that his name was Tarkan on Sunday.

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/Haber/511281/1/Gundem

And I had thought it was a typo. So Taylan was the typo from the very beginning.

Easy to find on Facebook. Lives in Istanbul... Not sure if it's the right person so I hate to link, but google it as T***** Taylan and you'll get it. Notice what he 'likes'.

ETA --- not sure if this is the right guy. Seems young and has no photographs on there, like the ones we saw on IG.

ETA again ---- This name (no matter what you put first or last) seems about as common in Turkey as Joe Smith here in the US. We don't know if that's even his actual name either, but I'm going to keep looking.

Well... he's a boob man.

I have been thinking about her husband a lot. One article mentions that Sarai (I assume meaning the family) had recently been through bankruptcy. There are two young boys in the family, and yet, family resources , after such money problems, are allocated for his wife to take this 3 week trip.

She only started posting her photos 4 months ago. Maybe Sept, Oct. How much could a young family save for such a trip insuch a short time? And yes, I know she chose inexpensive housing...but it is still money coming from family resources. And a bankruptcy not far behind them. And she has school expenses for herself as well. Her husband seems to have been very generous with Sarai.

I so hope that Sarai was not unfaithful to him, and it truly was about her art...because he seems to be a man who tried to give her all he could.

I have been thinking about her husband a lot. One article mentions that Sarai (I assume meaning the family) had recently been through bankruptcy. There are two young boys in the family, and yet, family resources , after such money problems, are allocated for his wife to take this 3 week trip.

She only started posting her photos 4 months ago. Maybe Sept, Oct. How much could a young family save for such a trip insuch a short time? And yes, I know she chose inexpensive housing...but it is still money coming from family resources. And a bankruptcy not far behind them. And she has school expenses for herself as well. Her husband seems to have been very generous with Sarai.

I so hope that Sarai was not unfaithful to him, and it truly was about her art...because he seems to be a man who tried to give her all he could.

The article said they went through bankruptcy in 2005 - 8 years ago. It wasn't recent. They both had jobs.

If SS was up to something, he might have put her up to it. So he is feeling extra guilty. But we should rule that out. He also wired SS around $500. So she either overspent her money or ..... The trip must have cost at least $1500-2000.

The article said they went through bankruptcy in 2005 - 8 years ago. It wasn't recent. They both had jobs.

Don't know if this means squat but
Happen to read an article that said Steven sierra is 40. Sarai is 33. But they have been marked for 14 yrs. so she was 19 and he was 26. That's kind of a big age difference for a 19 yr old.

Vatan (newspaper) wrote that his name was Tarkan on Sunday.

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/Haber/511281/1/Gundem

And I had thought it was a typo. So Taylan was the typo from the very beginning.

You know they always said the guy's name unknown but known as Taylan and it is a bit confusing because Taylan is a normal name. I think somebody looked at his instagram name taylloo and said his name must be Taylan. It is the closest name to taylloo. JMO

Funny that I ignore most of the things Vatan writes and other papers write the same in few days. Maybe I should follow it.

I have been thinking about her husband a lot. One article mentions that Sarai (I assume meaning the family) had recently been through bankruptcy.

I think it said 2005.

Thanks, Ami.

How was she homeschooling if she had a job? And, with her school bills, a trip like this still is a luxury to a family that has had problems before and has two sons to raise.

In any event, her husband seems to have put her needs and wants as a high priority. I hope he is left only with the best of memories.

Can someone translate this page?

http://www.haber365.com/Haber/O_Gece_Birlikte_Olduk/25

I tried google and babelxl and it seems like there is some new info. This is the best I could get after comparing the two translations - please correct me if it's wrong: A video surveillance caught a woman (Sarai?) walking from the beach side over to the doors to take pictures. Her 'bomber' jacket is missing, which could mean that homeless people were involved.

Any validation to this interpretation would be greatly appreciated... TIA!

Thanks, Ami.

How was she homeschooling if she had a job? And, with her school bills, a trip like this still is a luxury to a family that has had problems before and has two sons to raise.

In any event, her husband seems to have put her needs and wants as a high priority. I hope he is left only with the best of memories.

I believe that she worked part time at a doctors office. As for her husband- every couple has a different marriage and different views about fidelity.

If SS was up to something, he might have put her up to it. So he is feeling extra guilty. But we should rule that out. He also wired SS around $500. So she either overspent her money or ..... The trip must have cost at least $1500-2000.

That was to cover to cost associated with her changing the return ticket.

It can be really expensive. to change ticket few days before the date.

Source: personal experience.

Thanks, Ami.

She was working part time - only half day three days a week. (Claims beloved turkish media)

Although I am not sure if they were home schooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire