GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is not whether or not to post pictures of boredom or random ones. When you look at her history on Instagram you can see that other than the wall art captures she was into the abstract views like bridges, railways, buildings. In one of her pictures she captures the Braclay building while she was in the car and was mentioning to one of her followers that she will go there again to take another shot. So she did not miss the oppurtunity to capture that building/ the the thing she likes even when she was driving in NYC.

We didn't expect her a shot of her socks or anything when she was in the waiting room but given that this is her first time abroad you look around with a more curious eye/ more than in your hometown. She was in Istanbul and she posted only 5 photos, I still think that is strange.

Here are some of my speculations as to her lack of pics posted on IG of Turkey:
Maybe someone (like Taylan) discouraged her from taking pics claiming certain sites are too sacred and by law, photography is forbidden in those areas. Maybe he said the local people do not like having their pics taken, that they feel it's a sign of disrespect and a violation of their privacy to do so. Maybe she complied, not wanting to infringe on their laws and traditions and wishes. Maybe the lack of photographic opportunities was one reason why she decided to depart Turkey early.

Actually the novice photogs tend to put online more photos than the seasoned ones. More experienced you are, you look at your work more critically, so the amount of pics that end up in the net and not in the rubbish bin gets actually smaller.

And when you are a novice you see pictures, pictures everywhere and you are trying to capture them all and pretty often, not knowing much about the technical side of photography you tend to overlook some blunders, that would be immediately spotted by someone more experienced. You know, bad light, not sharp enough, all that stuff that might seem minute.

So yes, I am surprised too that Sarai took so few pictures, and where in Amsterdam and Istanbul, two incredibly beautiful cities full of, let's say, photo potential.

My only point was that I firmly believe that her true motive for the trip was to meet up with some of her new friends, photography was the secondary motive. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that (well except perhaps for the part where she's married).

It's just my opinion. His story is he banged a girl in a club bathroom that was supposedly a good friend of his. Then when he heard she was missing, he tried to erase his email and online contact information and hid until the FBI tracked him down.

He showed no interest in what happened to her and did not try to help find her when she was missing.

I understand others may feel differently, but my opinion is that makes a person a world-class jerk.

I find his actions highly suspicious, and am in shock the Turkey state prosecutor doesn't find it so.

I don't think we do know that HE directed her to the walls or that he encouraged her to walk around to find a wifi area at the walls.

I doubt he would have encouraged her to find a wifi area at the walls, as there would have been no wifi area there. Also he just said meet you "there" we are only speculating "there" could be the walls. In his version "there" was the eminonu side of the Galata bridge.

Didn't he tell her to meet him at the bridge? Isn't that where the ruins are and where her body was ultimately found?

The thing I don't get is if the story is true that Taylan told law enforcement about it, what reason would he have to lie?

The only reason would be to explain the presence of his DNA.

If he didn't kill her, but knows his DNA could be on her, it could only be because it did happen of because he KNoWs someone is trying to frame him.

(Maybes he's protecting his own GF?)

But BET2173, that all says Taylan/Tarkan alleges they had sex Jan. 20 at the bar/club bathroom

THAT PART WE ALL AGREE IS CONFIRMED.

What is still unconfirmed is the report that Taylan claimed they had sex two different times and that he used a condom each time.

Do you have a link showing he really made that claim?

It is from this one. I expected it to be credible but its not confirmed.
http://www.haberturk.com/gundem/haber/817891-halici-ve-pansiyoncu-araniyor

I think Taylan/Tarkan is a real world-class jerk, but if the State Prosecutor says he's not a suspect, that worries me. Maybe he is just a very unlucky world-class jerk?

Maybe the DNA evidence is pointing to someone else?

Either way, I really bet we will hear of a simultaneous arrest and announcement that DNA evidence nailed someone very soon. I would think it would be within days at most if not sooner.

I kind of think they should have checked primary suspects DNA by now.

Didn't he tell her to meet him at the bridge? Isn't that where the ruins are and where her body was ultimately found?

No not even close. It's about a mile between the two spots

"The married New York mother who was murdered while on a solo trip to Turkey was reportedly seen with a mystery man twice before her death - including the day she was supposed to fly home, it was revealed today.".......

"Now a witness has told Istanbul police that he saw Sierra speaking to a different man outside the city's Sultanahmet Mosque on January 11, just days after she arrived in the country.

He handed her a card and as she left the mosque, she took a walk with him and four or five other men, the witness claimed, Turkish newspaper Milliyet reported.

Sierra flew to Amsterdam on January 15 and to Munich the next day, returning to Istanbul on January 19. The witness said he then saw Sierra talking with the same man on January 21 at Topkapi Palace - the day she was due to fly home, but she never boarded the flight."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274977/Sarai-Sierra-New-York-mother-seen-second-mystery-man.html#axzz2JfuRYaMM

I take it this the same witness who spoke of the scandalous gang of tour guides who repeatedly harass female tourists for sex and money.

My question is: is she a friend of Taylan's?

Maybe someone (like Taylan) discouraged her from taking pics claiming certain sites are too sacred and by law, photography is forbidden in those areas. Maybe he said the local people do not like having their pics taken, that they feel it's a sign of disrespect and a violation of their privacy to do so. Maybe she complied, not wanting to infringe on their laws and traditions and wishes. Maybe the lack of photographic opportunities was one reason why she decided to depart Turkey early.

<modsnip>

There are no rules against photography in Turkey (accept military bases and flash photography inside some museums, though there is one room in topkapi u are t suppose to shoot) but other then that NO. She doesn't have a history of taking photos of people via her IG account.

And considering she was encouraged to go to turkey to take photos by her IG friends I doubt Taylan would tell her this ubsurdity upon her arrival.

Everybody commented on the IG posting & camera issues again.
Here is what I don't understand. According to her friend she never leaved her room at night and she was home. Thats a lot of time to edit and post photos.
And I don't get using ipad & ipod as their batteries die quickly. How could they last all daywith constant photo taking I am not sure.

I'm sorry people but we got a nice piece of confusing information.
Taylan's lawyer spoke to the press. More is coming...

My only point was that I firmly believe that her true motive for the trip was to meet up with some of her new friends, photography was the secondary motive. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that (well except perhaps for the part where she's married).

I am beginning to believe that especially with friend backing out. While I don't think she was actively planning encounters, I think the opportunity presented itself. I hate to say it but I'm learning in the direction that while Tarken may be a Himbo, he is might not be responsible. It's interesting that the hostel guy lives near the same area she was found in. I do think she may have sent out flirty vibes to him and he misunderstood her friendship.

Here is what I don't understand. According to her friend she never leaved her room at night and she was home. Thats a lot of time to edit and post photos.
And I don't get using ipad & ipod as their batteries die quickly. How could they last all daywith constant photo taking I am not sure.

Confusing information? Imagine that. (snark)

A whole big article with a wealth of personal details about Taylan/Tarkan K. just appeared on hurriyet:

LINK

Taylan/Tarkan K.'s lawyer is basically doing a PR offensive, putting out a bunch of positive stuff about him, and claiming he did not have a serious emotional attachment to SS.

A mile is close. I walk a mile in 15-20 mins.

Granted but you wouldn't tell someone to meet you specifically at the end of a bridge when you really ment a 30 minute walk away.

Yeah, very interesting. Also, no photos while in transit...this is the IG thing to do.

A whole big article with a wealth of personal details about Taylan/Tarkan K. just appeared on hurriyet:

LINK

Taylan/Tarkan K.'s lawyer is basically doing a PR offensive, putting out a bunch of positive stuff about him, and claiming he did not have a serious emotional attachment to SS.

This was bound to happen once we got wind of his true identity, unfortunately.

Also may explain why LE has suddenly decided he's not a susect, IMO. They have attorneys breathing down their backs.

I keep coming back to the fact that she was walking there alone on video (yes?). If it wasn't premeditated, and was someone she knew, wouldn't she have met them at the bridge or a defined place with markers. From what I can tell, she was in a random spot in a stretch of wall. How did she know exactly where this person would be? Unless it was a "meet me halfway" thing and she was meeting them on the sidewalk. It just seems strange to me for some reason. This whole case is strange. I would not be surprised if it was random, or if it wasn't. I think there are so many plausible theories.

The reason she cut her trip short is due to some complications in her college and she had to solve them in person. That's what she said on Instagram.

As for the restrictions on photography part:
1) When we look at her history it's easily seen that she wasn't into portraits, or people. She was more interested in buildings, railways, skyline, bridges and wall-art. So, I don't think she tried to take pictures of local people.
2) She was walking around Galata Bridge, Hagia Sofia, Sultanahmet, Taksim. Those are very touristic areas, where you can see a lot of tourists with their cameras in their hands capturing every little detail. Even if Taylan did tell her something like that by just looking around she could see that it was not true.

HURRIYET:
LINK

Can't wait for you guys to read this one. Lavy will translate!!!

Taylan/Tarkan K.'s lawyer is explaining why the wonderful man Taylan/Tarkan did not have a serious emotional attachment to the girl he claims he banged in the club bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo