GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've read the article and the lawyer is saying yes, that he is coming from a very good background, has a university degree, done his masters abroad and has a healthy social life.

Their friendship has started on Instagram and it wasn't anything like intense messaging or anything. Taylan ( the news is still referring him as Taylan and we still do not know his real name I guess) never invited her to Istanbul but Sierra emailed her informing him that she is coming to Istanbul and planning to go around Europe and asking him if he wanted to meet her on her visit.
They meet two times. The last one being on Sunday. Both of the meetings are very short and at a place like a coffe house. She asks his opinion where to visit in Istanbul and Taylan suggests that she could see the historical peninsula and they arrange a meeting to see it. On the day of the meeting she texts him "dont feel obliged to do this, come if you want to, I can walk around my own." He waits for him on the meeting spot but she never comes and he says to himself "she didnt feel like coming," and leaves the spot to mind his own business.

The lawyer also says a couple of times that they didn't have any kind of emotional attachment or anything. They are devastated on all kinds of twisted information appearing on the press.

If all the information we provided to the court, the police etc would be found suspicious he would be arrested right now. His psychology is horrible right now. He is not going anywhere, he does not have anything to hide, he didn't come out for the reason not to be harassed by the media or the social media.

So he's from a wealthy family that can hire good lawyers and protect his identity, and allow him to call the shots on where to meet?.......a habana

Sounds like the Turkish version of American Psycho!

On the other hand, he could just be a rich Turkish playboy who may fool around with lots of women and sarai was no different to him.

Def a playboy. Though if they aren't worried about DNA there's a good chance he's innocent. Just wish they'd issue the results!

She is American and of Puerto Rican descent. NYC has been full of Puerto Ricans for decades. Oh, and by the way, Puerto Ricans are American citizens.

Oh - okay, thanks - so she was a poor American of Puerto Rican extraction but had never actually been to Puerto Rico - Thanks!

BBM

This bothers me a little- it sounds pouty, almost (if she even ever said anything like that to him). I imagine them arguing about something, or him acting like it's a burden to show her these places, and SS replying, "Look- don't bother. I can go by myself."

21 was Monday, i.e. a business day. SS was just being thoughtful.

And it doesn't sound that negative in Turkish. "If you can't make it, no worries." How would that sound?

Yeah, I get that and I do hear you guys when you say that.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, it's just that I'm a scientist and the way I process information is more inductive, more "bottom up" than "top down". It's just the way my mind works. Maybe it's helpful in some cases and less so in others. In this case maybe my thoughts aren't as useful, but I'll still just put them out there, just in case they are. :)

Do put them please, everybody's contribution is so valuable, here. It makes you expand your way of thinking. I love seeing all kinds of perspectives. Lots of Love:)

Ok, I've read the article and the lawyer is saying yes, that he is coming from a very good background, has a university degree, done his masters abroad and has a healthy social life.

Their friendship has started on Instagram and it wasn't anything like intense messaging or anything. Taylan ( the news is still referring him as Taylan and we still do not know his real name I guess) never invited her to Istanbul but Sierra emailed her informing him that she is coming to Istanbul and planning to go around Europe and asking him if he wanted to meet her on her visit.
They meet two times. The last one being on Sunday. Both of the meetings are very short and at a place like a coffe house. She asks his opinion where to visit in Istanbul and Taylan suggests that she could see the historical peninsula and they arrange a meeting to see it. On the day of the meeting she texts him "dont feel obliged to do this, come if you want to, I can walk around my own." He waits for him on the meeting spot but she never comes and he says to himself "she didnt feel like coming," and leaves the spot to mind his own business.

The lawyer also says a couple of times that they didn't have any kind of emotional attachment or anything. They are devastated on all kinds of twisted information appearing on the press.

If all the information we provided to the court, the police etc would be found suspicious he would be arrested right now. His psychology is horrible right now. He is not going anywhere, he does not have anything to hide, he didn't come out for the reason not to be harassed by the media or the social media.

Is it possible that Taylan wasn't the one with the emotional attachment? Perhaps SS was? She might have gone over there thinking she was going to find a romantic, beautiful interlude with a wonderful, attentive man, only to find out he's a prick, doesn't want anything but sex. That could have motivated her to come home early. Also could have motivated her to go to the walls/bridge alone. If she was upset or distraught, she may have let her guard down.

21 was Monday, i.e. a business day. SS was just being thoughtful.

And it doesn't sound that negative in Turkish. "If you can't make it, no worries." How would that sound?

I agree that it doesn't sound bad. I wonder if it doesn't sound bad because it legitimately wasn't bad, or if TK's mouthpiece (lawyer) intentionally spun it that way.

Also, somewhere in his speech the lawyer says Taylan has a family. But I dont what he means by that. Is he simply stating his parents or a WIFE and KIDS? That would make everything more interesting!

Is it possible that Taylan wasn't the one with the emotional attachment? Perhaps SS was? She might have gone over there thinking she was going to find a romantic, beautiful interlude with a wonderful, attentive man, only to find out he's a prick, doesn't want anything but sex. That could have motivated her to come home early. Also could have motivated her to go to the walls/bridge alone. If she was upset or distraught, she may have let her guard down.

We have to be carefull when analyzing the Lawyer's statement word for word. "Emotional attachment" is exactly what he said. But I believe he was trying to say "no love, no sex, just friends."

She makes a comment to her real friend/ not a instagram follower about cutting her trip short, and going back to NY. She seemed cheerful with lots of lols and everything and saying her she's been still so lucky to be in Istanbul and Amsterdam. I didnt get any disappointment vibes from that but who knows maybe that was her style on instagram.

So is the story now that Taylan never said he had sex w her? The lawyer statement implies nothing happened yet people are still posting assuming Taylan said that, so are both true - the lawyer statement and the statement he had sex w her?

I've seen some comments on here about what she was or wasn't posting on IG. I haven't followed that discussion closely so forgive me if I'm off base with my comments.

It seems that Sarai's memyself_sarai account on IG was for her very artistic photos and that she was careful about the composure/framing (angles, symmetry, perspective, etc) of the photo. She talked about some glare on a few of them and how she had not run the photo through a filter yet since she was traveling and just wanted to put it up for others to see, almost like saying 'This will be good once I'm finished with it' (the glare was due to her using a phone, IMO).

I don't think her online IG account was used to share personal photos she may have snapped for memories. And I'm sure she took many more pictures that she rejected, choosing only the best to showcase. She was trying to impress others and showcase her photography skills - and to be taken seriously.

Also, somewhere in his speech the lawyer says Taylan has a family. But I dont what he means by that. Is he simply stating his parents or a WIFE and KIDS? That would make everything more interesting!

"Müvekkillim sosyal çevresi olan, ailesi olan bir insan"

Since he is not Adam, he has to have parents. I am 90% sure he is referring to wife (and kids). That is if the above is exactly what he said.

We have to be carefull when analyzing the Lawyer's statement word for word. "Emotional attachment" is exactly what he said. But I believe he was trying to say "no love, no sex, just friends."

ITA. I'm just thinking of another angle- a different theory altogether. If I assume for a minute that the lawyer is correct, and that as far as TK was concerned, there was no emotional attachment, what are the other possibilities? If TK didn't kill her in a fit of jealously/rejection, what's another option? That led me to wonder about a reverse-type scenario. Maybe SS had become emotionally involved with TK over the months. Maybe she had gone to Turkey expecting to meet with a man she had developed feelings for, and was instead sorely disappointed. At best (again, assuming for a minute the lawyer was telling the truth), he was emotionally uninvolved and kept things platonic. At worst, he was a jerk who was willing to have sex with her, but not get otherwise involved. Just another wack-a-doo theory to toss around :)

I think he only mentions SS's family. Which part says that?

So is the story now that Taylan never said he had sex w her? The lawyer statement implies nothing happened yet people are still posting assuming Taylan said that, so are both true - the lawyer statement and the statement he had sex w her?

Lawyer doesn't mention it at all. He is very vague with the term he uses he says emotional attachment or relationship.

Although that the story about they had sex is everywhere in Turkish and American press. Turkish LE never said anything to confirm or deny it.

She does, I must say, flirted a bit on instagram. One of them (gregs1212) invites her to listen to his band just after commenting her picture. The other one (rocklayer2) tells her that her beauty is definitely makes her stand out in a crowd.

Yeah but it's not sexually laced innuendo. Every girl I know friends from offline/online, flirts to some extent online, even if it is just repsonding to flattery. I did not see a single one of her own IG posts make reference to the attractiveness of another guy. Also, she uses prayer hands everywhere. She was also helping with the youth in her church. She just seems very open because of her faith. Did she cheat? Hey, I know many pastors daughters that in the moment/situation, or much more sexual than others might be. Maybe its pent up tension, all I know is in their daily interactions they dont exude any outward signs of wanting this or looking for this. I think any normal human being when in a situation could get "carried away" even if they would never ever normally do something or even think about doing something.

She makes a comment to her real friend/ not a instagram follower about cutting her trip short, and going back to NY. She seemed cheerful with lots of lols and everything and saying her she's been still so lucky to be in Istanbul and Amsterdam. I didnt get any disappointment vibes from that but who knows maybe that was her style on instagram.

I freely admit I have no evidence to back up my theory! :)

What you say definitely makes sense too. Although, I don't know that I'd share with anyone what I was doing in those circumstances. Even a close friend. I imagine I'd feel defeated, rejected, and a little silly, having hopped on a plane to pursue something that was never anything more than my imagination to begin with.

I don't even know that I believe that's what actually happened. It just seems like we're all running in circles, so I thought I'd try to come up with a different angle and see how far it takes me.

:
"Müvekkillim sosyal çevresi olan, ailesi olan bir insan"

Since he is not Adam, he has to have parents. I am 90% sure he is referring to wife (and kids). That is if the above is exactly what he said.

:floorlaugh:to ADAM! I really had a good laugh on that one, Yashim:))))

folks it is easy here: address the POST and NOT THE POSTER. If you have a problem with a post hit the little alert button and we will come and have a look see. All opinions are welcome here and can be discussed.

Carry on

Her not coming from a financially secure place, suddenly curtailing her trip by more than a few days, and having to pay extra fees indicate that there may be something MORE to why she decided to abridge the trip than suddenly becoming aware that her school needed attention. I think her motive for cutting her trip short has multiple factors, one of which is the lack of photographic opportunities.

I'm thinking maybe "someone else" abroad paid for her entire trip in advance, all the travel included, lodging etc then upon her arrival they didn't get along and she was cutoff financially by this person causing her to phone her husband requesting additional funds ($150+$400) while also cutting her trip short. Maybe this pissed off whoever funded her from the beginning.

I once paid for a friend to travel from Italy to visit me here in the states, after a few days I was done and wanted her to go home early :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo