GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So our experience with travelling overseas with the iPad (admittedly not to turkey) is that it costs 25$ for 25 MB or something and it was totally worth it for us.

I doubt she had the 4g version of ipad bc it costs like $100 more plus unless you use ipad alot in car it is generally not worth the money to pay $15 a month for access

So she probably used wifi only and that likely would have been free or cheap in an Internet Cafe

So our experience with travelling overseas with the iPad (admittedly not to turkey) is that it costs 25$ for 25 MB or something and it was totally worth it for us.

Using her iPad to do the things she was, sky ping, uploading pictures, she would have gone way over this in less then a day. I doubt she would have had a data plan, even one purchased in turkey on her iPad.

I do not think Taylan is involved in her death. I think he is a flirt online, and was probably excited that she was actually coming over, and that they did "get together" (no reason for him to admit to sex, unless it was true) and that was it.

Why didn't he admit involvement with her right off the bat when she went missing then? He waited until LE discovered her emails/texts which led them to him. Then he obscured the fact that he had sex with her until recently when LE claimed they found semen. Why the stall?

I was also impression that it is not the case there is no DNA evidence, rather they do have DNA evidence from killer but it just does not match...

I didn't say there was no DNA, I said there was no DNA match between Taylan and what was found on her body, which leads me to believe he planted someone else's DNA on her.

I didn't say there was no DNA, I said there was no DNA match between Taylan and what was found on her body, which leads me to believe he planted someone else's DNA on her.

What would his motive for murder be though?

I'm betting on this other guy, the one who owns the hostel in cankurtan.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Topkapi+Palace,+Istanbul,+Turkey&daddr=Sultanahmet+Camii+(Blue+Mosque),+Fatih,+Turkey&hl=en&sll=41.005786,28.976122&sspn=0.026071,0.055747&geocode=FcLFcQId8z26ASEAUwHDQxmqFSkz-KWvuLnKFDEAUwHDQxmqFQ%3BFduycQId-iO6ASGcNqavVYlgSSnFx1Lyl7nKFDGcNqavVYlgSQ&oq=TOPKAPI+P&mra=ls&t=m&z=17
Meanwhile, a witness has told Istanbul police that he saw Sierra speaking to a different man outside the city’s Sultanahmet Mosque on January 11, just days after she arrived in the country.

He handed her a card and as she left the mosque, she took a walk with him and four or five other men, the witness claimed, Turkish newspaper Milliyet reported.

Sierra flew to Amsterdam on January 15 and to Munich the next day, returning to Istanbul on January 19.

The witness said he then saw Sierra talking with the same man on January 21 at Topkapi Palace – the day she was due to fly home, but she never boarded the flight.http://cncnws.com/blog/2013/02/08/man-denies-having-sex-with-murdered-new-york-mother-in-turkish-bar-toilet-and-claims-they-only-met-for-a-cup-of-tea/
The witness saw her in two places that are rather far apart, and saw her twice 10 days apart?

Why didn't he admit involvement with her right off the bat when she went missing then? He waited until LE discovered her emails/texts which led them to him. Then he obscured the fact that he had sex with her until recently when LE claimed they found semen. Why the stall?

I think he only admitted it in the end out of fear; he probably thought his DNA might show up on her. But it wasn't his, evidently.

(snipped for space)

The witness saw her in two places that are rather far apart, and saw her twice 10 days apart?

It's about 1km. And if anything, it means she had been to the area before.

Hmm. I wonder if those surveillance cameras can back up the witness's claims? Surely they have them near touristy areas.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Topkapi+Palace,+Istanbul,+Turkey&daddr=Sultanahmet+Camii+(Blue+Mosque),+Fatih,+Turkey&hl=en&sll=41.005786,28.976122&sspn=0.026071,0.055747&geocode=FcLFcQId8z26ASEAUwHDQxmqFSkz-KWvuLnKFDEAUwHDQxmqFQ%3BFduycQId-iO6ASGcNqavVYlgSSnFx1Lyl7nKFDGcNqavVYlgSQ&oq=TOPKAPI+P&mra=ls&t=m&z=17
Meanwhile, a witness has told Istanbul police that he saw Sierra speaking to a different man outside the city’s Sultanahmet Mosque on January 11, just days after she arrived in the country.

He handed her a card and as she left the mosque, she took a walk with him and four or five other men, the witness claimed, Turkish newspaper Milliyet reported.

Sierra flew to Amsterdam on January 15 and to Munich the next day, returning to Istanbul on January 19.

The witness said he then saw Sierra talking with the same man on January 21 at Topkapi Palace – the day she was due to fly home, but she never boarded the flight.http://cncnws.com/blog/2013/02/08/man-denies-having-sex-with-murdered-new-york-mother-in-turkish-bar-toilet-and-claims-they-only-met-for-a-cup-of-tea/

The witness sightings obviously raise questions but there is also the persistent disconnect with the amount of time stayed in Amsterdam and Munich, respectively. Its been stated by Ammer she stayed 3 days in Amsterdam and Munich was a stopover.

Hmm my thought here. The two places aren't very far. If it was a street vendor or a simit man or someone like that who works that area, and it not being tourist season, it might make sense that he would see her, and remember her.

But I don't get how she could have been spotted at Topkapi, if the info about her being spotted by city cams several times that morning is true...she was seen at Galata tower at 1130, the bridge at 1210, serkeci at 1:15, and cankurtan just after that.

When could she have possibly been at topkapi on that day?

"Just friends" means many things to many people nowadays.

In the immortal words of Biz Markie "and you say he's just a friend/and you say he's just a friend" and then he catches the girl hooking up with said "just a friend" fellows repeatedly.

Very funny song. LINK

Yep..lol, I definitely agree with you there. One of my fav best hit wonders btw lol, good song reference. Also love the "your momma" jokes at the begining of the video..definitely brings back school memories.

I think he only admitted it in the end out of fear; he probably thought his DNA might show up on her. But it wasn't his, evidently.

To be fair, we only know what the tabloids have said about this. Maybe he never denied having sex with her. Maybe he honestly tried to help LE. We just don't know. This guy didn't kill her (judging by the DNA) and we're still crucifying him. Sure, he had sex with her. But it takes two to tango. I'm not ready to hang this poor guy out to dry. Right now, all we really know is that he has a less than hygienic choice of places to entertain guests. And frankly, that's not all that weird. I shudder to think at the number of times I've waited to get into a single use bathroom only to have 2 giggling people come out adjusting their attire.

ToutCa, I respectfully disagree. Hipsters do crazy things. As do furries. As do artists.

Oh, and I don't know a single gay man who would be caught dead in a tiger suit. And I know a lot of gay men. ;)

That was him in the tiger suit? I always thought it was a pic of some random person, and they were making jokes about where the Tigers Tigress was..guess I was mistaken?

The witness sightings obviously raise questions but there is also the persistent disconnect with the amount of time stayed in Amsterdam and Munich, respectively. Its been stated by Ammer she stayed 3 days in Amsterdam and Munich was a stopover.

Still, the time period she was gone from Istanbul (4 days) is correct. It just seems very odd that someone would be THAT observant, and just happen to be in the right place at the right time (and 11 minutes walking time distance between the two places) twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon