GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After leaving behind her kids and husband, flying across the globe to meet him, having sex with him in a bathroom, calling him to meet her on her last day...after all this she's gonna start playing hard to get? I'm not buying that motive.

We sometimes have regrets after sleeping with someone, don't we?

I think that's what happened. She was excited to sleep with him the first time. Well, they did it in a "toilet". But afterwards, felt remorseful, likely started thinking about her hubby and young kids back home. As we know, she already decided to depart Istanbul early and I believe the reasons for doing so are because the "romance" didn't work out, and school, as well as others.

When he asked to meet with her the day before her flight, she likely felt obligated and wanted to say a personal goodbye to the man whom she was intimate with. So she met him at the bridge. Something happened. They get into an argument. He snaps in anger. The rest is history.

murder rate comparison between istanbul and nyc in 2012:

Thanks. I was hoping someone would obtain more recent stats. My hubby and I were planning a trip this summer to Hungary and Bulgaria to meet up with some old journalist friends, and thought about stopping by Turkey. But then we heard about this case and were hesitant. We'll give this data some consideration.

I just had something strange happen and now I think Taylan did it.Its too crazy to say what happened,so I'm just going to leave it at that.

Bourne!! We're kindred spirits! I think he did it too.

:) You know what they say, great minds...

My questions are, and I hope you can answer them:
1) Is Taylan MIT?
2) Was he caught on surveillance at the Bridge where he claimed he was supposed to meet Sarai?

I keep reading contradictory reports and don't know what to think.

If he is MIT, I have no doubts he knew how to plant evidence and stage crime scene to a Tee. He would know how to hide her body in the caves, and also embed and transfer other person's DNA under her nails.

http://pinsta.me/myeyes_stevied

Closed casket viewing on the 14th, funeral on the 15th.

I really feel so sad for her family, especially her hubby and kids. Her hubby seems very genuine about his love for her. To have this happened, and to find out she fooled around with another man, that must hurt, particularly since their wedding anniversary is coming up on Valentine's.

I just had a something strange happen and now I think Taylan did it.Its too crazy to say what happened,so I'm just going to leave it at that.

bbm

:waitasec:

Try us.

Honestly, I think he's far more hurt by the fact that someone smashed her head in with a rock than by the fact that in a moment of weakness, she showed that she was fallible. We are not defined by our best, or our worst, actions. We are defined by the totality of our existences. He had nearly 20 years with her. A few weeks doesn't erase that.

I don't judge her for whatever she may or may not have done with T. We don't know what personal struggles she was going through. We don't know what was going on between her and her husband. We cannot know and we have no right to know.

I think that's what happened. She was excited to sleep with him the first time. Well, they did it in a "toilet". But afterwards, felt remorseful, likely started thinking about her hubby and young kids back home. As we know, she already decided to depart Istanbul early and I believe the reasons for doing so are because the "romance" didn't work out, and school, as well as others.

When he asked to meet with her the day before her flight, she likely felt obligated and wanted to say a personal goodbye to the man whom she was intimate with. So she met him at the bridge. Something happened. They get into an argument. He snaps in anger. The rest is history.

Police watched her in camera from 11.30 to 13:15 alone.
So they haven't met on the bridge we know that for sure.

Also I know this is not a popular idea here but if police had any suspect Taylan meeting with Sarai that day he would be detained. Since he was questioned police said he is not a suspect.

My guess is that he went to work or somewhere else and he was with other people all day. Thats not he wasn't a suspect from the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, this is not directly a disagreement to you. Its just that your post reminded me few things that I wanted to write for long time.

I can't see how it looks more possible that he is a MIT agent or bribing the police than my simple scenario that (after he went to bridge he called SS, her phone was switched off/ she didn't had internet) He went to work. He was with people all day and proved that to police.

On that site, Steven writes that he always calls her Ma. I guess alot of people do that when they have kids...must be so sad for them...

On that note, if the sex story is to believed, it just seems so different from what her life was like at home...I guess that could happen sometimes, when you get bored w your life and seek adventure elsewhere

Regarding posts about why would she suddenly play hard to get: maybe the whole adventure thing was not as exciting as she thought it would be. We should remember too that she was only 33 but she had significant responsibilities in her life for the past 15 years. Popular culture here shows many people in their 20s/early 30s out having fun, dating lots of people... Maybe she thought she was missing out..

When she went to Turkey to explore maybe she did not enjoy the sex or felt guilt. Obviously she must not have felt any kind of real romantic connection bc she would have wanted to stay there, she would have wanted to go to Taylan apartment, stay up all night, etc. She didn't ..she wanted to come home...

At the risk of being indelicate, if she decided not to sleep with him after she already had (not stipulating to that one way or the other) maybe there was a really simple reason for it. Maybe he was lousy.

(I am not saying this to be funny, I'm completely serious.)

bbm

:waitasec:

Try us.

Well, I was doing a google search for Taylan murdered Sarai just to see what it would come up with (if he has any alibis)and then my phone immediately said out loud that I had a new voice message.
My phone did not ring and it is right next to me.
There was no call on my phone and no voice message.

Now my phone always rings 5 times before it goes to voicemail.
It always list the number called or unknown which it didn't.
There is nothing on my phone,its as if there was never a call on it.
That NEVER happens.

Ok,now you see why I said it was crazy.

Honestly, I think he's far more hurt by the fact that someone smashed her head in with a rock than by the fact that in a moment of weakness, she showed that she was fallible. We are not defined by our best, or our worst, actions. We are defined by the totality of our existences. He had nearly 20 years with her. A few weeks doesn't erase that.

I don't judge her for whatever she may or may not have done with T. We don't know what personal struggles she was going through. We don't know what was going on between her and her husband. We cannot know and we have no right to know.

If this was addressed to me, that's what I meant. To have her death happen, plus the infidelity must really be beyond painful.

And I just went on that website to his Instagram page someone linked here. Just reading the proverbs he posts there about relationships and love above material things just makes you want to cry.

Hello.

Hopefully this won’t interrupt the current discussion too much.

This is indeed a heartbreaking case.

I have several questions:

Early during the investigation, before Sarai was found deceased, there were reports that another woman had been found in a river or lake (unsure where precisely).

This woman has been in the back of my mind, and it surprises me that law enforcement didn’t connect these two deaths somehow, or that everybody dismissed it, or it was ignored and overshadowed by Sierra’s case.

Am I mistaken that the location of where this first body was found was in close proximity to where Sierra’s remains were recovered?

I hate to think there’s a serial killer operating in Istanbul’s touristic region. Law enforcement has been known to withhold such info and details from the media so as to avoid hysteria and so on.

It seemed at first that this other woman had been found in relatively the same area where investigators were combing for Sarai.

Also…

I am curious as to how one goes about using public payphones in Istanbul.

Could Sarai have had any reason to use a payphone while strolling through the streets?

Lastly…there are so many questions regarding this case…

It is not known for certain that the killer has or had her iphone and ipad, but let’s entertain this idea for a moment.

With this wealth of information he had in Sarai’s I devices, what could he have done with it? I am clearly no tech expert but could he have tampered with it somehow, sent himself messages &c, before destroying it, using her iphone?

I got the idea that maybe the killer dumped her body there (chose his next steps carefully) after he realized from viewing the history of her activity on her iphone or instagram account. If taking pictures of those ancient walls was the last thing she did on her devices, maybe the unsub thought it was a good area to leave her.

It’s difficult trying to think what I’d be doing at the moment if I was the killer. My first impulse would be to perform a disappearing act, but then considering criminal behavior, people who commit such deeds sometimes prove to be hardened and extremely cunning.

What kinds of things could a killer do—except destroy them of course—with his victim’s I devices that could possibly work to his own advantage?

It is interesting that they haven’t been found or tracked. I’m wondering if this might indicate that the killer is some kind of tech savvy geek.

Reading about the possibilities—how Sarai might have spent her last hours or even minutes made me think that she possibly had found someone who’d give her a ride to the airport, and willingly got into this person’s car with the pretext of returning to her room but was subsequently abducted.

If such a driver exist, maybe they will find evidence of her making phone calls to this person.

Anyway, those are just some of the questions I wanted to put forth. Hopefully one of them at least can be addressed, and excuse me if any already have been.

Thanks!

On that site, Steven writes that he always calls her Ma. I guess alot of people do that when they have kids...must be so sad for them...

On that note, if the sex story is to believed, it just seems so different from what her life was like at home...I guess that could happen sometimes, when you get bored w your life and seek adventure elsewhere

Regarding posts about why would she suddenly play hard to get: maybe the whole adventure thing was not as exciting as she thought it would be. We should remember too that she was only 33 but she had significant responsibilities in her life for the past 15 years. Popular culture here shows many people in their 20s/early 30s out having fun, dating lots of people... Maybe she thought she was missing out..

When she went to Turkey to explore maybe she did not enjoy the sex or felt guilt. Obviously she must not have felt any kind of real romantic connection bc she would have wanted to stay there, she would have wanted to go to Taylan apartment, stay up all night, etc. She didn't ..she wanted to come home...

Not necessarily playing hard to get, but maybe she just felt being with Taylan wasn't right, and she didn't really feel anything deep for him, nor him her.

It seems also that she and her hubby are deeply religious -- just going on his Instagram seems to indicate that -- so I'm not even sure we can believe Taylan's words that they had consensual sex.

Obviously we can no longer ask Sarai. And we only have Taylan's words. And which murderer would say that sex was forced upon a victim? Authorities said she wasn't sexually assaulted, but maybe he drugged her drink and that's how he got his way with her. Who knows? Again, we only have his words alone about what happened.

:Welcome1:

Welcome, Fantazteko!

I'm not saying for sure taylan didn't do it. But I don't quite get this logic. She changed her ticket your suggestion because she felt guilty and the romance wasn't going where she wanted it to go. But she did this very early on in her trip. So if that were the reason for doing so why would she have sex with this guy in a bathroom the night before she leaves, well after she had already changed her ticket?

I'm just having trouble following this train of thought. She feels guilty early on but later still sleeps with him?

Also we have no proof of anything but it has been reported several times, as I mentioned before that taylan has no connection to law enforcement of any kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487