GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've been following the correspondence here for some time with great interest. I'm Turkish, and the notion of whom I perceive as a guest to my country ending up in dead in such circumstances frustrates me, which led me to follow up this case with an unusual obsession.

I've joined this forum to share some insights, which may or may not have been shared before. I realize there's been a lot of talk and some very interesting theories, but the sheer length of the correspondence inclines me to think that perhaps what I'm sharing may have been brought up before. Therefore, I apologize if that turns out to be the case.

Now, firstly, this is an extremely high profile case, because it involves a foreigner. As such, there's an equally high amount of pressure on Turkish National Police from the political players, so you may rest assured it's given the highest priority. Turkey's politics which are set on full integration with the west, specifically EU, necessitates that any case with this particularities involving a member of the minorities or foreigners be given highest priority.

Secondly, there's been speculation of Taylan/Tarkan being an Intel/MIT guy. I don't buy that. Much has been leaked to the press about him even before his attorney came forward. If this was an intelligence officer or even a mere asset, such leaks would not be allowed to happen in the first place. Besides, his background provided to us, having master's degrees abroad and living abroad, are an overkill for government service, which is known for meager pay as compared to private sector. It would take somebody who's extremely dedicated to have a position in gov service with that education, and any such dedication would prevail over having social network accounts and meddling with people over Internet. So, I think that speculation can be summarily dismissed.

Well, I won't summarily dismiss anything about this Taylan fellow unless I see/hear confirmation of what actually does for a living. Thus far, we know zilch about him except he's unemployed and holds a graduate degree of some sort which they never mention (science or engineering is my guess) from abroad (where? England? France? USA?)

This is the idea that I had weeks ago. But it was pooh poohed down. To me it's the only thing that matches all the clues.

One of the people she was meeting Friend A probably convinced her to go to Amsterdam with them. Then they cancelled the trip and they let her meet a friend Friend B over there in Amsterdam and do a day trip.

Friend A plants heroin on her. She gets through without realizing and the Friend B picks up the stash. Only Friend B in some way reveals to her that she was used as a mule.

Since it's an "Instagram group" Friend A realizes she could reveal him. Perhaps he's not even really involved in the whole thing, he's doing it for another friend.

All goes well until she gets to Amsterdam, she realizes what happened and travels to Munich just to "get out of dodge." Comes back and decides to cut her trip short using the excuse of "missing her kids." She doesn't say anything to her friends or family because she's afraid that even mentioning it could wind up having her detained.

Thinking "Brokedown Palace" thinking "Amanda Knox." Confrontation occurs, she's "mugged and killed" by associates of Friend A.

I knew they'd find her dead, poor thing. To me it's crystal clear what happened.

ETA I've been out of the loop and just looked up something online. Don't know if you all saw this.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2984851/posts

I feel like bringing drugs to Amsterdam is sort of a worthless cause. I guess there's demand amongst tourists who are going for that, but it's a port city and considering the reputation it doesn't seem like they are hurting in that department.

She'd been interacting with Ammer via IG, so I think she viewed him as a friend, maybe seeing if there was romance (he looks so much like her husband). IF she was trafficking anything it seems reasonable to me she'd be "visiting friends" to have a ruse. Unsubstantiated reports say she told Ammer something about the people in IST that bothered her. If that was the case and she was going to the trouble changing her flight, why not change departure airports to AMS?

Most recent timelines put her in AMS for 3 days MUC a possible layover. However, we're still not sure on the exact details. From what we know this all was pre-planned before she left NY, too.

Even if she decided to get out of there early I've read things saying she changed the flight days into the IST trip (the first leg) and she put something about it on IG around 12 January and she had to get the money to change the ticket from her husband.

She clearly enraged someone, but who and why? This was super violent, so I think the randomness of it is highly unlikely.

There are plenty of flat out strange and finicky details regarding this case. That is one of the few things most all of us can agree on.

I agree with this, I don't think it was a "hit" I think it was done in a moment of aggression. But the fact that her body was hidden makes it seem like the person who killed her was "thinking" if that makes any sense.

I'm not basing it on that she went to Amsterdam alone, I'm basing on that she went from Turkey which is the depot for smuggling heroin to Amsterdam.

If the same thing happened in Greece or Egypt, I would not think this.

I also think her story about a "photography trip" makes no sense at all. Who in the world does that without a real camera?

I agree that the person who killed her was "thinking" (thus the attempt at hiding the body). However, I think any "thinking" was done after the crime was committed, not before or during.

As for the photography issue, and whether she'd have done this without a "real" camera- We've discussed this previously (I know these threads are impossibly long) and this is what we've been able to determine:

1. She did own a "real" camera, but opted not to take it with her on her trip, as it was cumbersome.
2. She was an amateur photographer who loved uploading photos to IG. This is sort of a subset of amateur photographers. The whole purpose is to snap pics with your phone or tablet, and then use some of the phone FX apps to edit the shots, and upload directly to IG. This is a culture, and there are tons and tons of people doing this (including many on this very thread).
3. IG is how she became "friends" with the people from Turkey to begin with. That's how the relationships got started.

Many of us (though not all) have come to the conclusion that the photography aspect of this trip was at best a secondary reason for going to Turkey. It likely wasn't the main reason- or sole reason- for going.

Yeah, don't travel as a single woman into countries that are known for drug smuggling. :twocents:

Oh, ToutCa! Thank God you are not a single woman! Those of us who are women can't go anywhere then. Name a country with no drug problems. I live in the Meth capital of the world. I'll make sure to stay inside my house from now on.

I feel like bringing drugs to Amsterdam is sort of a worthless cause. I guess there's demand amongst tourists who are going for that, but it's a port city and considering the reputation it doesn't seem like they are hurting in that department.

She'd been interacting with Ammer via IG, so I think she viewed him as a friend, maybe seeing if there was romance (he looks so much like her husband). IF she was trafficking anything it seems reasonable to me she'd be "visiting friends" to have a ruse. Unsubstantiated reports say she told Ammer something about the people in IST that bothered her. If that was the case and she was going to the trouble changing her flight, why not change departure airports to AMS?

Most recent timelines put her in AMS for 3 days MUC a possible layover. However, we're still not sure on the exact details. From what we know this all was pre-planned before she left NY, too.

Even if she decided to get out of there early I've read things saying she changed the flight days into the IST trip (the first leg) and she put something about it on IG around 12 January and she had to get the money to change the ticket from her husband.

She clearly enraged someone, but who and why? This was super violent, so I think the randomness of it is highly unlikely.

There are plenty of flat out strange and finicky details regarding this case. That is one of the few things most all of us can agree on.

Yep. But the number one misunderstanding that most people seem to have with my posts is that she knew she was smuggling drugs.

I don't think she knew. I think she thought it was everything you mentioned up there.

I also think that once the penny fell she looked around and was blown away about how obvious it was. Her hostel, her trips, her "friends" and the way he engaged her online.

It can't hurt a drug smuggler to try to find different ways of doing it. If she was game and did it successfully she may have encouraged other women to do it as well.

But I don't think that's how it went down.

Oh, ToutCa! Thank God you are not a single woman! Those of us who are women can't go anywhere then. Name a country with no drug problems. I live in the Meth capital of the world. I'll make sure to stay inside my house from now on.

Please tell me you mean Chewy!!!!! Not little ole me!!!!!

No way in hell I'd travel over seas like that into a know drug depot alone unless I had real friends on the otherside.

I certainly wouldn't go on my own as a married woman to meet up with another man.

She wasn't "single" as in not married. She was single as in ALONE. :waitasec: Hello?

Is this now going to turn into a rantfest about single women when the woman was married?

:waitasec:

Yep. But the number one misunderstanding that most people seem to have with my posts is that she knew she was smuggling drugs.

You've made it very clear that the unique novelty of your theory is that she was an unwitting mule. Noted.

If you turn out to be right, congratulations.

If not, you've got the start of a good screenplay. To your keyboard!

Well she wasnt found near a hiking type area. She was found near a busy highway, were homeless people were known to have encampments, less then a mile from several major tourist areas.

IOW not inside a building or down an alleyway in town, not near a tourist trap, she was found off the beaten path as I indicated. And she was dead.

I'm sorry it bugs you so much that my predictions are on target. But like I said, it just looks crystal clear to me what happened.

We'll see though, right?

Please tell me you mean Chewy!!!!! Not little ole me!!!!!

I was responding to Chewy. LOL. Just wanted YOU to take a moment in revel in the sheer luck that made you a man, and not a single woman, so that unlike me, you can leave your own home without fear of sudden death at the hands of rock wielding drug lord.

Yeah, don't travel as a single woman into countries that are known for drug smuggling. :twocents:

Many single women travel in turkey alone everyday who have no interaction with drug smuggling. Your presumptuous accusations cloud the totality of her trip by only focusing on the facts that fit the drug smuggling theory.

IOW not inside a building or down an alleyway in town, not near a tourist trap, she was found off the beaten path as I indicated. And she was dead.

I'm sorry it bugs you so much that my predictions are on target. But like I said, it just looks crystal clear to me what happened.

We'll see though, right?

I'm sorry, but with all due respect, a woman's body (someone who's been missing for 10 days) is not going to be found ON the beaten path. Otherwise she wouldn't have been missing that long. She'd have been found rather quickly, as she'd have been... uh... ON the path!

It isn't your predictions that bug people. It's the blatant sexism that's contained in your posts, along with the idea that you, somehow, know better than anyone else what could have happened to Sarai. You can't possibly have any more information than the rest of us do, and can't possibly do anything with that information but toss it around and come up with theories.

That's all it is, at the end of the day. Another theory. It's worthy of discussion, but not to the exclusion of all others.

Seriously- unless your name is Aaron Hotchner, and you've been sent our way straight from the BAU, you get the same treatment around here as everyone else.

Assesment of her lost electronics is imperative to understand whether if they can be traced through local networks and whether they present profitable targets for robbery. So far, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, we do know for sure she had an iPad which is missing and at least one other cell phone, which is (or are) also missing.

Now, this has been mentioned before, but every electronic device that is capable of connecting to mobile networks for data or voice transmissions have a unique IMEI number that's programmed into their chips at the production stage. Normally, this IMEI value is not supposed to be modified after production and any means to do that is strictly controlled by the manufacturer of the device. This is not to be mixed up with MAC ID numbers associated with wi-fi components of mobile devices. Tracing MAC ID numbers may or may not be feasible, I'll make another post for that possibility.

Focusing on her tablet and cell phone(s) is important as it is a promising lead which can make it clear if SS turned out to be murdered after an attempted robbery. Druggies or not, if her electronic devices were taken with the intent to profit off them, we can accurately predict where and how they might turn out.

Turkey has a centralized IMEI registry for preventation of mobile devices smuggled into the country being used, as importation of such devices are a good source of tax revenue. Mobile devices you can buy off the market and imported legally are already registered, as the distributors have legally imported them and paid taxes. However, any IMEI number that has not been recorded in the registry that pops up in any Turkish network is given around 30 days, in which the device can connect to mobile networks fully. It's a grace period mainly provided for the sake of convenience of tourists and travelers that spend a short period of time in the country. After this grace period, if unregistered, the device is added to the central blacklist and becomes incapable of connecting to Turkish operators' networks. Individual registration of the devices are only possible through a certain procedure. If you are a citizen, you need to claim to have bought the device abroad and brought the device to Turkey along with your luggage, provide your passport with stamps to prove that you have entered the country legally, which is then checked against border entry/departure records, which are again centralized. If you are a foreign permanent resident in Turkey, then you need to provide your residency permit/visa and you need to provide your passport to prove that you entered the country legally. Only after those documents and paying the registration fee/tax the device IMEI is whitelisted in the central registry.

Long term stays of the tourists are handled in the same way. You need to provide your tourist visa along with your passport.

However, in every scenario, you can only register a device every two years with a certain passport. Before the two year period is over, any following up attempts to register devices will be refused.

So, all this makes theft of mobile devices for resale in Turkey to be considered unattractive as a criminal enterprise, as it will be blacklisted either through individual report of the theft or not being registered in the database. Thus, the prospect of stealing foreigners' devices for resale may not be considered attractive.

However, there are two more variables that must be considered. First, some mobile devices, depending on their make and model, are actually suspectible for IMEI modification, as their hardware is common enough to have been reverse engineered or the methods to modify those values were leaked from the manufacturer to the public. Second, even if we assume that IMEI modification is not possible, theft of mobile devices might still be considered profitable, as the device itself can be chopped off after the theft, and components can be individually sold with the exception of the motherboard, which has the IMEI programmed in, as spare parts. Or, they can be exported out of the country into any other country that does not have a whitelist based central IMEI registry. But such a criminal operation needs to be organized, and if such criminal operations do exist which export stolen devices, they are surely already have gone under LE scrutiny.

Now, we know that SS was seen in surveillance footage with what appears to be standard white Apple earbuds, listening to music on the go. It's reported widely and confirmed by the family that she had an iPad. However, carrying around an iPad to listen to music on the go is cumbersome, and I previously thought she most likely had an iPhone. (Although carrying around a purse can aid carrying around an iPad for women) There's no publicly available method to tamper any iPad model's IMEI number. Only Apple can do that. Same goes for every iPhone out there as well, except for iPhone 3G models with certain vulnurable outdated versions of the iOS installed, which provides a window of opportunity to not really modify the IMEI, but spoof it through software.

Considering there are photos of SS taken in a certain IG gathering some months ago in NY with a Samsung Galaxy SIII hanging out of her pocket, we can safely conclude that if she had a single cell phone, it was the Galaxy SIII. If she had two cell phones, at least one of them was that Galaxy SIII. (There might be an exception to that, I'll focus on it on the next paragraph)

Samsung Galaxy SIII comes in either an International variant, which I myself own that is marketed in EMEA and Europe mainly, or local country and network specific variants, which look exactly the same, but differ greatly with the internal hardware. International variant has the unique model code of GT-I9300.

GT-I9300 is not oficially marketed in the United States. It is either gray imported by trading companies or brought over from abroad by individuals. It's able to work on GSM networks, but not all CDMA networks, specifically Verizon and Sprint. Knowing that this was SS being abroad for the first time, I think we can dismiss SS having bought the SIII abroad quite safely. Any purchase from a gray import retailer would need upfront payment of the full device cost, which is around 700$ nowadays and considering SS family was not very well off, I don't think she'd have purchased it by paying upfront. We can assume she bought it through an operator contract through monthly payments.

I'm making this distinction, because we have a shot of understanding whether her device is suspectible for IMEI tampering and whether it was compatible with the Turkish networks, which are exclusively GSM. We don't have CDMA networks here and CDMA only devices cannot be used.

Here are the relevant variants of the Galaxy S3, with the added information whether they can operate on Turkish networks. I will research and add if they are suspectible to IMEI manipulation:

GT-I9300: International variant. Fully capable of operating in Turkish GSM networks. Suspectible to IMEI tampering. However, for the reasons I stated before, I don't think Sarai had this one.

SGH-T999[v]: North American variant. Mobilicity, T-Mobile, Wind and Videotron offer this variant through contracts. It's GSM capable and can work on Turkish operators. Suspectibility to IMEI tampering is currently unknown. Will be researched and updated.

SGH-I747[m]: North American variant. AT&T, Bell, Rogers, Telus, SaskTel and Virgin offers this through contracts. Fully GSM capable and can operate with Turkish networks. Suspectibility to IMEI tampering is currently unknown. Will be researched and updated.

SCH-R530: North American variant. Cricket Wireless, U.S. Cellular and MetroPCS offer it through contracts. Not GSM capable, cannot operate with Turkish networks. Therefore, suspectibility to IMEI tampering is completely irrelevant, unknown and will not be researched and added.

SCH-I535: North American variant. Exclusively offered by Verizon. CDMA only and lacks GSM compatibility, cannot operate in Turkish networks. Therefore suspectibility to IMEI tampering is completely irrelevant, unknown and will not be researched and added.

SPH-L710: North American variant. Exclusively offered by Sprint. CDMA only and lacks GSM compatibility, cannot operate in Turkish networks. Therefore suspectibility to IMEI tampering is completely irrelevant, unknown and will not be researched and added.

Americans, please do help me out here. Which of these operators mentioned above are prevalent in NY area? Perhaps some of you who might have contact with the family can inquest for relevant details? Can we know that she had a second mobile phone for certain, which she might have had before and brought over for GSM compatibility and operation in Turkey?

If we can be sure of the device variant, then we can look at robbery angle with more confidence (although all variants are indistinguishable from outside, we have a Skype connection made on 30th or 31st of January from either the iPad or cell phone(s), that's a promising lead) and we can certainly make good guesses about the prospects and possibility of tracing these devices.

Is this now going to turn into a rantfest about single women when the woman was married?

:waitasec:

You're the one who utilized the term "single woman", so whatever comes back and bites you as a result of your own words is kind of on you. That's your own doing. I'm not going to eat your words on your behalf.

Assesment of her lost electronics is imperative to understand whether if they can be traced through local networks and whether they present profitable targets for robbery. So far, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, we do know for sure she had an iPad which is missing and at least one other cell phone, which is (or are) also missing.

Now, this has been mentioned before, but every electronic device that are capable of connecting to mobile networks for data or voice transmissions have a unique IMEI number that's programmed into their chips at the production stage. Normally, this IMEI value is not supposed to be modified after production and any means to do that is strictly controlled by the manufacturer of the device. This is not to be mixed up with MAC ID numbers associated with wi-fi components of mobile devices. Tracing MAC ID numbers may or may not be feasible, I'll make another post for that possibility.

Focusing on her tablet and cell phone(s) is important as it is a promising lead which can make it clear if SS turned out to be murdered after an attempted robbery. Druggies or not, if her electronic devices were taken with the intent to profit off them, we can accurately predict where and how they might turn out.

Turkey has a centralized IMEI registry for preventation of mobile devices smuggled into the country being used, as importation of such devices are a good source of tax revenue. Mobile devices you can buy off the market and imported legally are already registered, as the distributors have legally imported them and paid taxes. However, any IMEI number that has not been recorded in the registry that pops up in any Turkish network is given around 30 days, in which the device can connect to mobile networks fully. It's a grace period mainly provided for the sake of convenience of tourists and travelers that spend a short period of time in the country. After this grace period, if unregistered, the device is added to the central blacklist and becomes incapable of connecting to Turkish operators' networks. Individual registration of the devices are only possible through a certain procedure. If you are a citizen, you need to claim to have bought the device abroad and brought the device to Turkey along with your luggage, provide your passport with stamps to prove that you have entered the country legally, which is then checked against border entry/departure records, which are again centralized. If you are a foreign permanent resident in Turkey, then you need to provide your residency permit/visa and you need to provide your passport to prove that you entered the country legally. Only after those documents and paying the registration fee/tax the device IMEI is whitelisted in the central registry.

Long term stays of the tourists are handled in the same way. You need to provide your tourist visa along with your passport.

However, in every scenario, you can only register a device every two years with a certain passport. Before the two year period is over, any following up attempts to register devices will be refused.

So, all this makes theft of mobile devices for resale in Turkey unattractive, as it will be blacklisted either through individual report of the theft or not being registered in the database. Thus, the prospect of stealing foreigners' devices for resale may not be considered attractive.

However, there are two more variables that must be considered. First, some mobile devices, depending on their make and model, are actually suspectible for IMEI modification, as their hardware is common enough to have been reverse engineered or the methods to modify those values were leaked from the manufacturer to the public. Second, even if we assume that IMEI modification is not possible, theft of mobile devices might still be considered profitable, as the device itself can be chopped off after the theft, and components can be individually sold with the exception of the motherboard, which has the IMEI programmed in, as spare parts. Or, they can be exported out of the country into any other country that does not have a whitelist based central IMEI registry. But such an operation needs to be organized, and if such operations do exist which export stolen devices are surely already have gone under LE scrutiny.

Now, we know that SS was seen in surveillance footage with what appears to be standard white Apple earbuds, listening to music on the go. It's reported widely and confirmed by the family that she had an iPad. However, carrying around an iPad to listen to music on the go is cumbersome, and I previously thought she most likely had an iPhone. There's no publicly available method to tamper any iPad model's IMEI number. Only Apple can do that. Same goes for every iPhone out there as well, except for iPhone 3G models with certain vulnurable outdated versions of the iOS installed, which provides a window of opportunity to not really modify the IMEI, but spoof it through software.

Considering there are photos of SS taken in a certain IG gathering some months ago in NY with a Samsung Galaxy SIII hanging out of her pocket, we can safely conclude that if she had a single cell phone, it was the Galaxy SIII. If she had two cell phones, at least one of them was that Galaxy SIII. (There might be an exception to that, I'll focus on it on the next paragraph)

Samsung Galaxy SIII comes in either an International variant, which I myself own that is marketed in EMEA and Europe mainly, or local country and network specific variants, which look exactly the same, but differ greatly with the internal hardware. International variant has the unique model code of GT-I9300.

GT-I9300 is not oficially marketed in the United States. It is either gray imported by trading companies or brought over from abroad by individuals. It's able to work on GSM networks, but not all CDMA networks, specifically Verizon and Sprint. Knowing that this was SS being abroad for the first time, I think we can dismiss SS having bought the SIII abroad quite safely. Any purchase from a gray import retailer would need upfront payment of the full device cost, which is around 700$ nowadays and considering SS family was not very well off, I don't think she'd have purchased it by paying upfront. We can assume she bought it through an operator contract through monthly payments.

I'm making this distinction, because we have a shot of understanding whether her device is suspectible for IMEI tampering and whether it was compatible with the Turkish networks, which are exclusively GSM. We don't have CDMA networks here and CDMA only devices cannot be used.

Here are the relevant variants of the Galaxy S3, with the added information whether they can operate on Turkish networks. I will research and add if they are suspectible to IMEI manipulation:

GT-I9300: International variant. Fully capable of operating in Turkish GSM networks. Suspectible to IMEI tampering. However, for the reasons I stated before, I don't think Sarai had this one.

SGH-T999[v]: North American variant. Mobilicity, T-Mobile, Wind and Videotron offer this variant through contracts. It's GSM capable and can work on Turkish operators. Suspectibility to IMEI tampering is currently unknown. Will be researched and updated.

SGH-I747[m]: North American variant. AT&T, Bell, Rogers, Telus, SaskTel and Virgin offers this through contracts. Fully GSM capable and can operate with Turkish networks. Suspectibility to IMEI tampering is currently unknown. Will be researched and updated.

SCH-R530: North American variant. Cricket Wireless, U.S. Cellular and MetroPCS offer it through contracts. Not GSM capable, cannot operate with Turkish networks. Therefore, suspectibility to IMEI tampering is completely irrelevant, unknown and will not be researched and added.

SCH-I535: North American variant. Exclusively offered by Verizon. CDMA only and lacks GSM compatibility, cannot operate in Turkish networks. Therefore suspectibility to IMEI tampering is completely irrelevant, unknown and will not be researched and added.

SPH-L710: North American variant. Exclusively offered by Sprint. CDMA only and lacks GSM compatibility, cannot operate in Turkish networks. Therefore suspectibility to IMEI tampering is completely irrelevant, unknown and will not be researched and added.

Americans, please do help me out here. Which of these operators mentioned above are prevalent in NY area? Perhaps some of you who might have contact with the family can inquest for relevant details? Can we know that she had a second mobile phone for certain, which she might have had before and brought over for GSM compatibility and operation in Turkey?

If we can be sure of the device variant, then we can look at robbery angle with more confidence (although all variants are indistinguishable from outside, we have a Skype connection made on 30th or 31st of January from either the iPad or cell phone(s), that's a promising lead) and we can certainly make good guesses about the prospects and possibility of tracing these devices.

That's a long technical post, great information. I don't understand all of it but if you are curious about what systems we use in NY definitely Sprint, Verizon, T Mobile, At&T and a few others.

Does "Clear" work overseas? It's a wireless attachment but I don't know how wifi would work out there?

Do you really think that someone would kill her for such a device? As someone else posted I doubt she'd put up much of a fight for her devices, especially since she was emailing information all over the world.

I didn't make this prediction 10 days later. Obviously that would be a conclusion if you hadn't found her after ten days. I made it the first day she was missing. I don't think I posted it on here though.

I'm not continuing to engage in this bullying guys. Enjoy yourselves I'm going to focus back on the topic at hand.

That's just it your only focussing on what you think is the topic at hand. You don't think anyone else is nearly as analytical as you, so you are stating things as facts, when they are not facts.

How can we not feel insulted when you come in and basically say look guys this is the way it is because I'm always right, I don't want to hear your views, because I think things through way better then anyone else, so all your opinions are meaningless to me, because I've already figured it out.

Do you not see that is how you are coming across?

You're the one who utilized the term "single woman", so whatever comes back and bites you as a result of your own words is kind of on you. That's your own doing. I'm not going to eat your words on your behalf.

Traveling as a single woman. You don't suddenly get divorced and become single because you step on an airplane. Instead of being at the ready with snark try reading what was actually stated.

I would not travel as a single woman. She planned to go with a friend, and she was married.

Hello?:waitasec:

Whew, alpmighty. Now THAT'S a post! It's going to take me some time to get through it, but thanks!

Traveling as a single woman. You don't suddenly get divorced and become single because you step on an airplane. Instead of being at the ready with snark try reading what was actually stated.

I would not travel as a single woman. She planned to go with a friend, and she was married.

Hello?:waitasec:

Again, you said it. Not me. We all understand that many people would not travel alone as a woman. We discussed it for pages and pages and pages. Some feel it's perfectly normal and safe to do it. Others do not.

Many of us believe the friend never meant to go at all, that this trip was planned as a solo excursion from the beginning.

To simplify this case as if it hinges solely on the fact that she travels alone does no justice to anyone, and gets us no closer to solving anything.

Maybe I'm just faster at getting rid of what doesn't add up.

Me too, and a lot of others on the board. The reality is, a lot of what you base as assumptions below in the rest of your post are inaccurate. She was in Amsterdam longer than 1 day, it was 3 days. She stated why she cut her trip short, school registration. Her and her husband do not have criminal histories, and are heavily involved in their church, she was one of her churches youth leaders. They even met at church at age 19. There is absolutely nothing to suggest she is leading a double life as a criminal or with criminal intent. You state things which are pretty much everything that is opposite to the facts.

What other possibilities are there? She was mugged, but she was violently beaten and as others have said, why? A mugger would not try to hide her body, the risk of getting caught with a dead body is huge.

A lover? The guys Takar? He's got his picture everywhere and would certainly have known he'd get caught. What motive?

Her story doesn't add up. Obviously there is more to the story. What makes the most sense to me is that she found herself involved with something that was much steeper than she realized.

She's entering her trip at the depot for heroin smuggling into Europe, Turkey. Then she's traveling to the country with the most lax drug laws in the entire world. Amsterdam. She's there for a day and then leaves and finally comes back to Turkey.

She finds she's mixed up in something that movies tell her could wind herself up in a foreign prison for life. So she decides to cut her trip short.

She doesn't say anything to anyone, including Takar, but when she is confronted about leaving early she chokes and they can tell she knows something. So she's offed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487