GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Televised interview of witness who said she saw the car stop and a woman's hand drop out. In Turkish.

Turist Cinayetinde Sürpriz Tanık - YouTube

Wow,great find. I wonder what she was saying? She certainly looks believable. The press made her sound like an old woman and I think it also said the police disregarded her information, but the articles were in Turkish, and google translation is always inaccurately hilarious.
I wish someone could interpret what she said.

Wow,great find. I wonder what she was saying? She certainly looks believable. The press made her sound like an old woman and I think it also said the police disregarded her information, but the articles were in Turkish, and google translation is always inaccurately hilarious.

She also looks excited, like out of breath or something.. Or like she is mentally exhausted..I guess maybe if you did experience seeing something like that it would be disturbing...

I wonder why she would want her face public... If true, and given speculation this was some kind of hit( unlikely but there is still speculation) I would think you would not want your face out there

I believe it was translated somewhere in one of the other threads.

AirBnb does include hostels, but I don't think where she stayed was one because it had no sign outside of it. AirBnb also has a few listings for rooms to share, so possibly she shared the room, which could be a reason why she wouldn't bring anyone back to it.

It wasn't a hostel, it was an apartment. She was there alone.

Those who refer to it as a hostel just didn't understand the nature of AirBnb or where she was staying. She may have led some to believe it was a hostel of some kind to make it sound less dangerous. Her mom even stated in an interview she was in a hotel in Istanbul.

She wasn't in a hotel. She wasn't in a hostel.

She didn't share it with anyone. The neighbors and the AirBnb landlord have repeatedly described the solo rental in great detail many times already.

She was in an apartment. She didn't share it. She was alone.

I think I read in a couple of papers that they skyped or at least spoke up till the 20th. The 21st was only texts coming from her phone or Ipad.

We are talking about this because Steven Sierra yesterday said in a one-on-one interview that he last talked with her January 14 (see upthread).

This contradicts earlier statements that he talked with her up until Jan. 20.

I think I said this already, but in case I didn't. I think that she was branching out. I think she was finding herself again. I think this trip was, on some level, about being simply Sarai. Even her IG name, clever as it is, can be seen as indicative of this. I think she has been someone's daughter, then someone's wife and now someone's mother. I think she may have longed, for at least a few weeks, to simply be herself, undefined by her relationship to others. Mid-thirties, children relatively independent, going back to school, taking a photography class and falling in love with a new art form, all of these things can be signs of someone redefining themselves. Add that to the psychological effect that Sandy could have had (yes, I know her neighborhood was fine, but SI was annihilated in general, I'm sure there's a lot of people who suffered little or no physical damage, but spent time reassessing priorities.)

Please note: I am not saying in any way that she resents her parents, her husband or her children. Just that she was looking to figure out who she is.

Necco,
Your summary offers a very good explanation of the situation with SS ~
especially after reading this article which states that her family knew she was 'venturing out':
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/dna_no_help_in_turk_slay_uudCoepYlu1sM48MAv4BGN

Necco,
Your summary offers a very good explanation of the situation with SS ~
especially after reading this article which states that her family knew she was 'venturing out':
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/dna_no_help_in_turk_slay_uudCoepYlu1sM48MAv4BGN

Not only venturing out but the article cites Turkish media (so who knows?) saying that SS brother sent her a facebook message saying that if she was going to cheat on her husband she should just leave him already.

So apparently her brother knew she was cheating, according to that article.

Not only venturing out but the article cites Turkish media (so who knows?) saying that SS brother sent her a facebook message saying that if she was going to cheat on her husband she should just leave him already.

Yeah, that sounds pretty bad.

It starts to make me feel even sorrier for Steven Sierra, but of course, we don't know what he did in the past, etc.

When I said 'venturing out' I was inferring to SS venturing out of her marriage. I did not want to use the word 'cheating' since I do not know that as a fact.

According to ny daily news article today, Taylan was w a friend on the 21st and they did not run into SS. First mention of this friend he was with....

Also, he says he walked SS home the other days they met bc she lived in a dangerous area.they split the bill

SS husband asked Taylan to call police but he told Husband to contact US authorities,

Article also says police believe she was killed at person's home, then dumped.

Article gives very detailed description of her walk that day caught by 20 cameras. There are two articles, the one just posted on website is the one w detailed trip.

Her and Taylan discussed going to Hagia Sophia the day before. He did not get message bc he did not wake up.

When I said 'venturing out' I was inferring to SS venturing out of her marriage. I did not want to use the word 'cheating' since I do not know that as a fact.

That's an excellent distinction. I really wish I had thought of that.

Brothers aren't always their sisters' easiest critics. Especially if they're older brothers. IF he sent her a facebook message that said that, I don't know that I'd call that conclusive that he knew what she was up to, or just judged/suspected.

She did not take her ring off. She could have left it home, said she didn't want to travel with jewelry, but she didn't. She wasn't out of this marriage. Not completely.

According to ny daily news article today, Taylan was w a friend on the 21st and they did not run into SS. First mention of this friend he was with....

Also, he says he walked SS home the other days they met bc she lived in a dangerous area.they split the bill

SS husband asked Taylan to call police but he told Husband to contact US authorities,

Article also says police believe she was killed at person's home, then dumped.

Article gives very detailed description of her walk that day caught by 20 cameras.

Can you post the link? The one I'm looking at doesn't talk about her walk.

The part about Taylan's friend is interesting -- weird to imagine. If the bathroom sex turns out to really have happened the night before, he does that with her than meets her with a buddy the next day? Odd.

The part about her being dumped is drawn from a speculative article in the Turkish press that appeared in the midst of a news desert of nothing on SS.

Most LE reports say the most likely is she was attacked on scene, but who knows. All theories seem to be on the table right now.

I am on ipad and I can never figure out how to link.if you google daily news and doom day the article will come up. It is called tracing the last hours, posted 2 hours ago

People familiar w the area might be able to offer comment on her path that day..

What is amazing about her last steps if you read the DN article is it seems like she was captured everywhere on camera, whether it be a jewelry store camera, bank camera, etc.

Then nothing, like she vanished into thin air.

Could she have gotten in a car somewhere? Would it really be the case that between the last place she was seen (Sabaylana, spelled wrong I know) and her body there would not be any cameras?

Interesting too that the article says Taylan was going to play tourist and they were going to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia that day...

NY daily news has its own reporter in Istanbul so it seems to have more credibility than other US reports which are just quoting Turkish media without doing their own independent reporting...it seems like Daily news sent one of its own people to Istanbul to cover this story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member