GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:tyou:
Lostinabook, welcome to Websleuths!
I attended a pentecostal rehearsal and wedding a few years back, at the rehearsal the preacher (?) was saying what he was going to say, "I pronounce you man and wife" and with that I raised and shook my hand like a crazy school girl trying to say the answer first. He looked at me and said "can I help you"?, and I said yes I think since he is a man as she is a woman shouldn't you say, "husband and wife" since that is what they will become? The next day when that time came for him to say, I now pronounce you, he said husband and wife but not before I got the eye.

:tyou: Great story! I can imagine "the look".Hope u took a bow!:takeabow:

Here is a youtube video titled Sarai Sierra Killer

It does seem to show Z in the short clip by the railway tracks.

Sarai Sierra Killer - YouTube

Apparently this was taken 5 months to Sarai's death. Was there a fire by the tracks where Sarai was found 5 months prior? I don't know if this is authentic or not.

The same video abt Z in fire but lasts a little longer and detailed showing the location from the sea..

http://videonuz.ensonhaber.com/izle/sierra-nin-katil-zanlisinin-son-goruntuleri#

I don't remember a fire there.

Interesting video. IF this is Z, what does it prove? Perhaps that he lives or at least hangs out in that area a lot. That doesn't tell us much though. Like others have pointed out, why would you kill someone and then dump their body in the place where you live? Unless you had mental health issues.

That's a guess right? Aren't you just basing that time on looking at flights that arrived around 455 on the 22?

I think the date she was leaving has never truly been 100% confirmed, as I have seen it written in various sources that her day of departure was on the 21st. /QUOTE]
oh good! thats what i thought all along, that ss was to leave on 21st. but just to reiterate, the date's neither here nor there given the givens.

Re: Question about Taylan going to where SS stayed on the 21st.

I only read it once. May have been something he told LE. At the time, i remembered wondering if Taylan was let into her room by the landlord. The article did not say that, just that when SS didn't respond to Taylan's text on the 21st, he went over to where she was staying to look for her, and took someone with him (did not say who.).

we know that she had contact with at least one IG friend in Istanbul, and LE said they were looking for 3 other IG contacts and at least one of them they were certain she had met in person. She had been talking to Taylan since August on IG, and we have no clue how well she knew her other IG friends. But is suspect there was more socializing going on then we know about.

I'm not convinced that her family would be aware of all the people she was in contact to over IG or how well she was connected to those people. It's just my opinion but I'd venture to guess that her IG connection, though not something she totally hid from her family, were something she kept close to the vest. I think it was a little special world for her, where she was praised as an individual and not as someone's wife, mother, daughter. I think it gave her a great deal of pride and was very important to her. I think feeling connected to people outside her family in this way, in a way that made her feel important and special, and unique, was her pull. She certainly wouldn't be the first person in history to use an Internet application to build self confidence, and even try to live out that fantasy in the flesh. After all some people have walked away from families and marriages for these reasons.

I don't think SS's reasons were so much about finding romance, but more about finding her self, and finding herself as a separate entity to everything she was familiar with back home. And I don't think we should underestimate how strong that pull could be on someone. After all let us not forget she lives in the same place she grew up in, and has been with the same man since she was 17, and has been married to him since she was 19, and has been a mother since she was 22.....that might be a recipe right there for someone to really have a very strong pull to be on her own, even only temporarily.

As far as the "contacts" her brother had. I have a feeling they were not people he knew very well. But NY has a large Turkish population (probably the only really good Turkish rest in the US are in NY), so when this story got out, I'm guessing someone who loosely knew the family and knew they were going to Turkey, knew someone with connections to Turkey, and hooked them up. Turkish people are very hospitable, so it would not take too much convincing of a Turkish person to take in a friend of a friend, especially in those circumstances. My guess is that someone contacting them with the offer to stay with these friends of friends Turkish connection, and they were not asking around for it.

I agree with most of your thinking here, but I don't find "find herself" a convincing motivation. Sarai didnt go to Turkey because thats where to wind took her. She went there for a seriously specific reason, part of it her family knew about, part of it, as u say, she kept it close to the vest. No one who loves you's gonna argue with u if ur a 30 something woman who's never been anywhere. that argument helped her get out the door. but, given the number of days she planned to stay someplace she'd never been "by herself", my guess is that someone gave her the idea she would be comfortable and okay for that long outside of her element (thats how i ended up spending 6mos. in north africa when id never left the u.s.a.... a dude convinced me id be okay cause id be with him).

I agree with most of your thinking here, but I don't find "find herself" a convincing motivation. Sarai didnt go to Turkey because thats where to wind took her. She went there for a seriously specific reason, part of it her family knew about, part of it, as u say, she kept it close to the vest. No one who loves you's gonna argue with u if ur a 30 something woman who's never been anywhere. that argument helped her get out the door. but, given the number of days she planned to stay someplace she'd never been "by herself", my guess is that someone gave her the idea she would be comfortable and okay for that long outside of her element (thats how i ended up spending 6mos. in north africa when id never left the u.s.a.... a dude convinced me id be okay cause id be with him).

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Re: Question about Taylan going to where SS stayed on the 21st.

I only read it once. May have been something he told LE. At the time, i remembered wondering if Taylan was let into her room by the landlord. The article did not say that, just that when SS didn't respond to Taylan's text on the 21st, he went over to where she was staying to look for her, and took someone with him (did not say who.).

As far as I have read the most Taylan did in regards to SS was to respond to an email from her husband when he asked where she was and he said "I don't know", and that when asked by the husband to call the police, he did not want to contact LE and instead advised SS's husband to do so himself. I have never read he went to look for her, maybe to walk her home once...but not look for her.

As far as I have read the most Taylan did in regards to SS was to respond to an email from her husband when he asked where she was and he said "I don't know", and that when asked by the husband to call the police, he did not want to contact LE and instead advised SS's husband to do so himself. I have never read he went to look for her, maybe to walk her home once...but not look for her.

And we have also read that he's not a suspect. ..so who knows why he acted this way.

I agree as well. Even her mother in the interview on GMA said when asked why she made the trip alone:" it was what she wanted to do"...with a smile...something can be read between the lines there too. Maybe it was more about breaking away and being "free" and of course, there was the "hidden agenda" she kept close to the vest...and perhaps the not so wonderful "friends" she had met on the internet - which was really kind of reckless if not VERY adventurous - that's just IMO - not at all blaming her or putting her down.

:seeya: Get ready to move over to a new thread. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member