GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:

Z is now an English-literate internet-savy mentally unstable homeless guy who makes his living by collecting refuse? :what:

As we presume he would have to use internet cafes for his contacts with SS, wouldn't cafes or shops find it odd or even objectionable for what appears to be a street person using their facilities? I ask because I think that would be an aberrant pattern easily noticed by everyone around.

I just don't find this a very credible profile of Z.:waitasec:

You assume every Turkish Internet Cafe is a Starbucks like, pleasent establishment catering to urban middle class, but the assumption is wrong. There are Internet cafes in which Z might not have attracted much attention.

But, I still really doubt that Z knows English.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

You assume every Turkish Internet Cafe is a Starbucks like, pleasent establishment catering to urban middle class, but the assumption is wrong. There are Internet cafes in which Z might not have attracted much attention.

But, I still really doubt that Z knows English.

alp, that seems like so twelve hour's ago - the release of Jan 21 surveillance photos have rocketed discussion along new channels.

We're discussing fashion now. Although we haven't yet gotten into Istanbul internet cafe fashion for recyclers.

Ok, I'm totally confused now, apologies if I'm repeating myself.

The captures of her in the foodcourt, were they on the 21 Feb, too? Because on that day she had the wedges, the skinny, the leather jacket and the cap. If so, did she go back to change her clothes to the flares?

Chief Capkin said that when her body was found, Ms. Sierra was wearing the same outfit she was seen in on video recorded at a food court and on a street the day she disappeared.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/nyregion/turks-turn-to-dna-in-search-for-staten-island-womans-killer.html?_r=0

NEW: EXCLUSIVE: New York mom pictured on CCTV near spot she was bludgeoned to death in Turkey as first photo of murder suspect is revealed

(apologies if this info has been posted already)

article-0-179BA69B000005DC-512_306x423.jpg

article-0-179BA702000005DC-611_634x515.jpg

Ok I know we spoke about how off media can be, but this article is really inaccurate saying:

This is the last photo taken of her at 130 perhaps moments before she was bludgeoned to death.

First of all this photo is taken in eminonu, not in cankurtan where she was found, there is about a mile btw eminonu and where her body was found. So the idea that this was moments before she was bludgeoned is for dramatic writing effect NOT accuracy.

Secondly we were lead to believe she was last spotted on video at 1:15 in serkeci headed for Sarayburnu, and then again in cankurtan crossing the road and disappearing from view.

Serkeci is AFTER eminonu (from the golden horn side of the bridge going towards the spot she was found it would go eminonu , serkeci, Sarayburnu, cankurtan ) so how exactly does her being spotted at 130 in eminonu match with how the police reportedly knew where to look for her body (ie going off camera by cankurtan shortly after being spotted on a serkeci cam at 1:15).

It clearly can't be both. Something isn't matching up. In this image it looks like those steps are to a hotel or something in the eminonu area. This would be nowhere near where she was found. (At least a mile difference but on foot, that hardly the same spot or something I would consider "close" at least when talking about the different of crowded touristy eminonu in contrast to the removed, isolated, non touristy area of cankurtan where her body was discovered)

So does this mean, the LE claim they located her body based on where she was last spotted on camera is completely false? I wonder.

Maybe she was circling the serkeci eminonu area looking for Taylan, or someone else, accounting for her being seen in serkeci at 1:15 and then eminonu at 130?

Weird I'm so confused. We have been led to believe she was last spotted on camera near where her body was found. But if this image the one from 130pm is TRULY the last image of her....then she really could have disappeared from anywhere....into a house, into a car.....maybe she didn't even make it to the walls.

It's really hard to try to think of what could have happened, when the information on the timing and location of her disapearance contradicts itself.

If she didn't disapear from within feet of where she was found....it opens up a lot more possibilities.....and makes the random attack because she ventured to the walls alone (which I don't buy anyway) far far less likely.

I don't think she would have felt the need to wear a cap in Istanbul for the sole purpose of being conservative in Istanbul. It's just not that type of city. Yes some women wear head scarves but the majority of women do not cover their heads at all.

Just as a side note, whenever Ive traveled in the Islamic world, such a statement usually means that the community is okay with foreigners standing out. Im paranoid so I always cover, even if I look like a foreigner, at least it lends a sense of untouchability among most ppl. IMO, standing out isnt worth it. But, I suppose it boils down to the reason a traveler is there.

Chief Capkin said that when her body was found, Ms. Sierra was wearing the same outfit she was seen in on video recorded at a food court and on a street the day she disappeared.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/nyregion/turks-turn-to-dna-in-search-for-staten-island-womans-killer.html?_r=0

When will the misinformation end? I don't know if the Turkish officials don't know the facts, or they are trying to confuse the public - Turks here - which one do you think?

When will the misinformation end? I don't know if the Turkish officials don't know the facts, or they are trying to confuse the public - Turks here - which one do you think?

I think someone can't translate Turkish very well.

And I think Captain Capkin will never work in the fashion industry.

It was activated twice.

Once January 30 at 10:30 PM
Then February 1

They should have been prepared to at least nail the second call.

Since her US GSM card was used, I don't think they had established the necessary cooperation with the US GSM operator by then.

Or maybe they didn't want to cheat by using high technology, they wanted to locate her using the old-fashioned methods.

If SS line was good for roaming in Turkey, Turkish LE doesn't need to contact SS US mobile operator to fetch location and usage information. They are able to get it directly from the Turkish GSM operator that SS mobile operator has a roaming agreement with, since all mobile operation is done over the Turkish operators network when roaming.

WAIT! I got an idea!
She had 2 pairs of shoes with her.

If she tucked her jeans into her boots, that would explain the "skinny" jeans look. If she later put on sneakers (which to me it looks like she could be wearing in the sidewalk pic) the jeans would look more flared.

But but but,

We just spent 5 hours discussing how these ARE different outfits.

Somebody got some 'splainin' to do. :banghead:

(Ah, but men never truly appreciate the subtleties of fashion LOL)

I think some stuff the LE might be an attempt to confuse the perp and the newspapers just notoriously mitranslate.

To be fair, the LE did say they gave out (maybe) only 5% and we have no idea of the 95% evidence they actually have.

Ok I know we spoke about how off media can be, but this article is really inaccurate saying:

This is the last photo taken of her at 130 perhaps moments before she was bludgeoned to death.

First of all this photo is taken in eminonu, not in cankurtan where she was found, there is about a mile btw eminonu and where her body was found. So the idea that this was moments before she was bludgeoned is for dramatic writing effect NOT accuracy.

Secondly we were lead to believe she was last spotted on video at 1:15 in serkeci headed for Sarayburnu, and then again in cankurtan crossing the road and disappearing from view.

Serkeci is AFTER eminonu (from the golden horn side of the bridge going towards the spot she was found it would go eminonu , serkeci, Sarayburnu, cankurtan ) so how exactly does her being spotted at 130 in eminonu match with how the police reportedly knew where to look for her body (ie going off camera by cankurtan shortly after being spotted on a serkeci cam at 1:15).

It clearly can't be both. Something isn't matching up. In this image it looks like those steps are to a hotel or something in the eminonu area. This would be nowhere near where she was found. (At least a mile difference but on foot, that hardly the same spot or something I would consider "close" at least when talking about the different of crowded touristy eminonu in contrast to the removed, isolated, non touristy area of cankurtan where her body was discovered)

So does this mean, the LE claim they located her body based on where she was last spotted on camera is completely false? I wonder.

Maybe she was circling the serkeci eminonu area looking for Taylan, or someone else, accounting for her being seen in serkeci at 1:15 and then eminonu at 130?

Weird I'm so confused. We have been led to believe she was last spotted on camera near where her body was found. But if this image the one from 130pm is TRULY the last image of her....then she really could have disappeared from anywhere....into a house, into a car.....maybe she didn't even make it to the walls.

It's really hard to try to think of what could have happened, when the information on the timing and location of her disapearance contradicts itself.

If she didn't disapear from within feet of where she was found....it opens up a lot more possibilities.....and makes the random attack because she ventured to the walls alone (which I don't buy anyway) far far less likely.

Exactly.....the really bad bit of video we saw earlier which looks like somebody other than SS, made me wonder if the whole 'we have her on tape up to point x' thing is just a red herring and not true.....since they had also said that she could have been attacked elsewhere and later taken to the walls..(that is....not walking along Kennedy at all)

In this image it looks like those steps are to a hotel or something in the eminonu area.
I was thinking it was the tiled counter in front of a takeout place- like some place that might sell ice cream, but your post makes me realize it is a step with a flowerpot in front of a place with at least one sign on the right and probably another on the left.

But if this image the one from 130pm is TRULY the last image of her....then she really could have disappeared from anywhere....into a house, into a car.....maybe she didn't even make it to the walls.
Or into that building.

Yet, the insistence by LE that the rock that was used to kill her was found in the walls.

The image doesnt look like Sarai and whats with the surroundings? Seems like someone needs to stop releasing bogus info for giggles and solve the case, or admit theyve got bubkus. Jmho:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487