Tutorial: Xenforo Forum Software

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Repeating my question: what do I have to do to update the list of My Content aka my own postings?

List hasn't been updated since May 22. Why?

Nevermind. Thought I figured something out, but I was wrong, and now I can't get the quote to go away. :p It appears my "postings" are still stuck too. :oops:

Nevermind. Thought I figured something out, but I was wrong, and now I can't get the quote to go away. :p It appears my "postings" are still stuck too. :oops:

Yup. Happens when you stick you tongue out and something gets stuck to it .... :p

a_cartoon_frog_sticking_its_tongue_out.jpg

Another issue pops up:

how do I search a thread?

When I write a reply and then decide to delete it before sending, I can't do it.
I end up manually erasing my reply.
I'm sure there is an easy way to do it but can't find it. Thanks!

When I write a reply and then decide to delete it before sending, I can't do it.
You can hit the third icon to the left from lower right (delete draft) and then refresh the page. The draft will disappear and you’ll have a blank reply box again.

Attachments

• 2E3CB1F6-0657-49EE-9CE7-7B07AF103F65.jpeg
    2E3CB1F6-0657-49EE-9CE7-7B07AF103F65.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 12
Does anyone know how to add a third person to a conversation after it’s already been going on for awhile? Thanks!

Does anyone know how to add a third person to a conversation after it’s already been going on for awhile? Thanks!

Hi Lilibet, in the column on the right hand side of the conversation you'll find Conversation Participants with the names of the participants. Underneath is the button to Invite More.

You can invite up to 5 people.

Hi Lilibet, in the column on the right hand side of the conversation you'll find Conversation Participants with the names of the participants. Underneath is the button to Invite More.

You can invite up to 5 people.

That’s what I looked for but the “Invite More” doesn’t show up under the names on my iPad, so I thought there must be a different way. I will see if I can figure out another way. Thanks!

ETA: I just realized it only shows up under conversations I started. The one I’m trying to add someone to wasn’t started by me. Duh!

You can hit the third icon to the left from lower right (delete draft) and then refresh the page. The draft will disappear and you’ll have a blank reply box again.

Attached Files:

I absolutely obtuse & cannot visualize the icons and arrows your speaking of.

Perhaps it's anxiety because last night I attempted to delete a post before my 'allotted time to edit' was up and dat it 'just duplicated my post several times. So then I had three posts I couldn't delete!

I was so embarrassed because I not only couldn't delete my original post but in addition posted two replies to myself and couldn't delete those!

Is there a visual of what the screen looks like and a procedure that walks you though it. I am so traumatized I have a mental block!

Is there a YouTube Video or screen shots for those of us zenforor challenged!

Many thanks.

@MizStery In the reply box there is a save/delete thread icon where all the formatting icons are. They are up on top. I’ll screenshot it and circle it for you. If you hit that icon you can either save draft or delete draft. You choose delete draft and once you’ve done that you refresh your page so that it completely disappears from the reply box.

B948C755-272D-47D1-B03C-18F4B0B6D55D.jpeg

"New threads" v. "new posts" -- why is the latter not inclusive of the former when, by definition, a new thread's OP indicates a new post? Should be included, then, in both listings.

@MizStery In the reply box there is a save/delete thread icon where all the formatting icons are. They are up on top. I’ll screenshot it and circle it for you. If you hit that icon you can either save draft or delete draft. You choose delete draft and once you’ve done that you refresh your page so that it completely disappears from the reply box.

View attachment 135988

Thank-you for your screen shots!

I understood the toolbox in the 'reply' dialog box had the delete icon you pointed out. (Thanks are not enough for your help in doing that for me!)

My question is in regards to a post I realized was a duplicate of one earlier. I just wanted quickly to avoid confusion and delete my duplicate post from the thread.

But the save/delete 'icon' does not exist in the formatting toolbox in the actual post made to the thread. Are we not allowed to delete a post within a limited amount of time in the edit feature?In other words are only mods authorized to delete a comment once in has been posted.

"New threads" v. "new posts" -- why is the latter not inclusive of the former when, by definition, a new thread's OP indicates a new post? Should be included, then, in both listings.
Oh. Also, I now see a "latest replies" category next to "new threads" and "recent threads." above. What is the difference between a New Post and a Latest Reply, and why have both.

View attachment 135988

thank you very much for sharing this! I did not know that was what the icon was for.

upload_2018-6-11_18-58-0.jpeg

Thank-you for your screen shots!

I understood the toolbox in the 'reply' dialog box had the delete icon you pointed out. (Thanks are not enough for your help in doing that for me!)

My question is in regards to a post I realized was a duplicate of one earlier. I just wanted quickly to avoid confusion and delete my duplicate post from the thread.

But the save/delete 'icon' does not exist in the formatting toolbox in the actual post made to the thread. Are we not allowed to delete a post within a limited amount of time in the edit feature?In other words are only mods authorized to delete a comment once in has been posted.
I’m not sure about that but I think I read that we can’t delete a post once it’s there. You can edit it and type deleted in the box but that doesn’t really solve much. There is another thread where you can pose your questions and people more knowledgeable than me will respond plus Tricia and Dave (tech support) read and respond to questions there. This is the link to thread:

Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back