Tutorial: Xenforo Forum Software

I’m not sure about that but I think I read that we can’t delete a post once it’s there. You can edit it and type deleted in the box but that doesn’t really solve much. There is another thread where you can pose your questions and people more knowledgeable than me will respond plus Tricia and Dave (tech support) read and respond to questions there. This is the link to thread:

Welcome To Websleuths # 2
Suglo I appreciate your screenshots and sharing your technical knowledge! Your a true Websleuths Treasure in my minds eye.:)

I AM having a very hard time posting.
It takes a long time to get it writte.n.

I use my phone and haven't had a hard time until the ads started showing up!
Is it the site or Google? Help!! Please

Thanks, but that hasn't helped. I believe I have a virus. It will knock me off and then ad click comes up and unless I click on an ad, it won't let me do squat.
I'm on a Samsung & was pretty much dead in the water using chrome. Found an browser in the Play Store and it's a whole different world now.

I'm on a Samsung & was pretty much dead in the water using chrome. Found an browser in the Play Store and it's a whole different world now.
Well, I deleted every one of my games and then turned the phone off and it's much better. I will try the from the Play store. Thank you.

I’m not sure about that but I think I read that we can’t delete a post once it’s there. You can edit it and type deleted in the box but that doesn’t really solve much. There is another thread where you can pose your questions and people more knowledgeable than me will respond plus Tricia and Dave (tech support) read and respond to questions there. This is the link to thread:

Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Rough notes from the video:
Private messages are now referred to as 'conversations'. The conversations are viewed in linear fashion. Several members can be invited to join in on a conversation. These conversations are private and can only be viewed by those participating.

To start a new conversation

1)go to inbox on upper right hand corner hover and click on ‘start a new conversation’

2)add member’s user name

Or when on the threads:

1)click on user name

2)box will pop up

3)click on ‘start a conversation’

Delete conversations

1)click boxes

2)choose option to leave the conversation

(will be prompted to accept or ignore future messages)

Control panel, preferences, avatars, user content, and more

1)click user name on upper right hand corner

2)drop down box gives options to make changes to those items

Preferences- time zone, forum skins, options to subscribe, receive email notifications

Alert preferences- when you click on it a drop down box will give you options to manage the alerts you receive- for example whether you want to receive alerts or notifications if someone quotes you, when someone mentions you in a post, when someone tags you, or alerts for threads you subscribe to, etc., for trophies or a new follower

(note: uncheck the ones you don’t want to be alerted on)

Your Content- clicking on it will give you a list of all the threads you have started or participated in.

-click on search button to find a thread you or another member started in a particular section by typing in the user name and click the forum or all forums

3)save changes if you made any

@mention-
A mention is when someone tags your user name in their post to draw your attention to their post. To tag someone:

-type @ and add user’s name

-will send an alert to the member and a link will take them right to the post where the member was mentioned.

Uploading pictures and video

1)click ‘image’ icon on toolbar

2)add url into the pop up box

3)click on insert

Drag and drop a photo from your desktop

1)gives option to insert full image or thumbnail

For youtube videos

1)click on media icon on toolbar

2)enter url for daily motion, facebook, youtube, vimeo, etc.

3)click on embed

Quoting and replying

Multi-quoting- 1)click on quote icon for the users you want to quote 2)insert quotes on text/response box

(note: quotes can be moved around) 3)quote these messages

Watching threads

Click on watch thread and options are given to receive email notifications or not

To view watched threads- you click on ‘watched threads’ tab and the list will show which have new responses

To stop watching a thread you add a check next to the title and choose the option to stop watching on the pop up box then click on ‘go’

Active topics vs new posts

Active topics is a list of threads that are very active.

Relative to QUOTING & REPLYING:

If I would like to reply to post that already contains 2 replies in the text box (multi-quote), how do I include all of the the quoted replies in my own reply post?

I think we call this multi-quoting but the "quote" button and "insert" toolbar are confusing to me and I can't seem to add mult-quote post to my reply. Is there a simply instruction for this? No matter what I do, seems I can only multiply the text I'm responding to but can't add/include the quote above it in my own reply. TIA

@Suglo
Wow, in my posted question above, I accomplished what I've been trying to do i.e., include poster #1 and poster #2 messages in my own post!! Except that I only hit reply to Harmony2 and your post wasn't even visible to me in the post I replied to???

@Suglo
Wow, in my posted question above, I accomplished what I've been trying to do i.e., include poster #1 and poster #2 messages in my own post!! Except that I only hit reply to Harmony2 and your post wasn't even visible to me in the post I replied to???
That’s interesting because I got a notification that you had replied to my post yet I couldn’t see Harmony’s post just mine. I’m glad it worked for you. I haven’t had a chance to try the multi quote function yet.

Edited to add that now I can see her post in your post.

I think I saw this question when we first converted over and the answer was no, but is it possible to expand the number of posts per page?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back