Twitney Spears enters rehab! Threads Merged

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
angarella said:
I don't see how most celebs keep from attacking the Papparazi honestly.
I think it's truly a double-edged sword for celebs. They want the attention and PR except when they DON'T want the attention and PR. If my life was falling apart and a bunch of strangers were filming it, I'd want to beat them up too!

I think there is a difference between PR and the stalkarazzi. These celebrities are not treated as humans.

narlacat said:
Maybe Brits doesn't remember what she does when she's out puking everywhere and having sex with anything that moves, but that's because of the drugs, not a mental illness.
I think it is one thing to criticize Britney's erratic behavior, but I don't think it is fair to make comments like she is "having sex with anything that move." Where is the proof of that? I don't believe that for a second.

Also, while I applaud Kevin's decision to cooperate with Britney's parents in forcing her hand to seek treatment, I am still convinced he is in it for the $$$. I do not believe for ONE SECOND that he wants fulltime custody of his children.

Masterj said:
I think it is one thing to criticize Britney's erratic behavior, but I don't think it is fair to make comments like she is "having sex with anything that move." Where is the proof of that? I don't believe that for a second.

Also, while I applaud Kevin's decision to cooperate with Britney's parents in forcing her hand to seek treatment, I am still convinced he is in it for the $$$. I do not believe for ONE SECOND that he wants fulltime custody of his children.
I agree, Masterj, with everything you said. Especially the bolded part. :)

Masterj said:
...I am still convinced he is in it for the $$$. I do not believe for ONE SECOND that he wants fulltime custody of his children.
Why not? Why are you able to give Britney the benefit of the doubt that she is not sleeping with everything that moves, but unable to give Kevin the benefit of the doubt that he cares for his kids more than just as monetary pawns?

southcitymom said:
I think it's truly a double-edged sword for celebs. They want the attention and PR except when they DON'T want the attention and PR. If my life was falling apart and a bunch of strangers were filming it, I'd want to beat them up too!
I agree with you that this paparazzi attention is a double-edged sword for celebs - but I think certain celebs have aggressively courted this attention - and others do not. Look at Reese W, Jennifer Aniston, Scarlet Jo, Gwen Stefani - there are many talented young women out there who are famous and have a lot of pap attention - but who learn to live with it. And I think one of the important things is that these women are smart enough to know that if they do outrageous things that it's going to just garner more & more media attention. These celebs like Lindsey, Paris, Nicole, Britney, etc. - they go out of their way to get media attention! Going to The Ivy or Chateau Marmont is just asking for it. Running around in miniskirts without underpants is just asking for it. Going to clubs like Hyde, Les Deux, etc. and partying all night & getting drunk is just asking for it.

Britney has been at this for a long time. Even before Kevin (Vegas wedding anyone?). Then she & Kev put those ridiculously embarrasing home movies on TV ("Chaotic"). So it's not exactly like poor Britney has been trying to keep a low profile.

I love how when she was pregnant w/ #2 she sits down with Matt Lauer & crys all those tears (while wiping her snotty nose with her nail-bitten hand) about how desperately she wants to be left alone. Yeah. Then the minute the child is born she's out doing everything she's doing - KNOWING through her years & years of paparazzi experience that she's going to be aggressively sought!

I believe there are myriad ways these celebs can avoid some of the aggressive pap attention if they wanted to. But I think it becomes like a love/hate relationship with them and like many love/hate relationships people have - they are wont to let it go.

My biggest concern with these young "celebutants" is WHERE were their parents during their formative years? What the hell was Paris's parents doing? Britney's while she's a young girl dancing around in skimpy outfits doing a strip-tease on MTV and seductively wearing a huge snake while singing "I'm a Slave for You"? Where were Nicole Richie's parents while she was out clubbing & drugging 24/7? And Lindsay's mother - don't even get me started!?!? These parents get so roped in to the fame, the perks, the priviledges, etc. that they forget that these are their children. Now look at these girls. What an absolute mess. How very sad. These parents should have pulled their heads out of their as$es a long time ago.

Give me a break, if she didn't want the attention of the press there are ways to avoid it. There are many celebs that you only see on the cover of somethng like US or People a few times a year. It can be done. If you really don't want to be seen you don't go where you know the press will be and you don't ride around in a car, you get an SUV with very dark windows and you put up curtains and you go to less 'trendy' places and you go in the back way. She loves the attention.

And don't put too much blame on the parents. Brit-Brit was 14 or 15 when she was prancing around in the "hit me baby one more time" video and she was old enough to make her own decisions when it came to the 'toxic' and 'a slave for you' videos. She's just trashy, plain and simple. No need for fancy terms or looking at other people to blame, she's just trashy.

Compos Mentis said:
I agree with you that this paparazzi attention is a double-edged sword for celebs - but I think certain celebs have aggressively courted this attention - and others do not.

(snipped for space)

I believe there are myriad ways these celebs can avoid some of the aggressive pap attention if they wanted to. But I think it becomes like a love/hate relationship with them and like many love/hate relationships people have - they are wont to let it go.

ITA!!! :clap:

This article reinforces what I have always heard about the 'hit me' video....

Directed by Nigel Dick, the "...Baby One More Time" video is what arguably fueled the single to become a success. Its original setup, however, was in high contrast to what eventually became the final product. The plan was to have the video in a cartoon-like environment, in a likely attempt to attract the audience of younger children. However, Spears was unhappy with this, and argued that the set should be a bit more mature. So, the childish nature of the primary plan was scrapped, and instead was replaced with Spears' idea for the video to be shot in a school. Spears also came up with the concept of tying up the uniform shirts to bare her midriff.

So it was Brit-Brit's idea. Don't blame her parents. I think she has the 'smarts' to make it in the business, she knows what it takes and would have done fine if she had not married and had kids. The business part she can handle, it's the 'real life' stuff she has a problem with.

curious1 said:
This article reinforces what I have always heard about the 'hit me' video....

Directed by Nigel Dick, the "...Baby One More Time" video is what arguably fueled the single to become a success. Its original setup, however, was in high contrast to what eventually became the final product. The plan was to have the video in a cartoon-like environment, in a likely attempt to attract the audience of younger children. However, Spears was unhappy with this, and argued that the set should be a bit more mature. So, the childish nature of the primary plan was scrapped, and instead was replaced with Spears' idea for the video to be shot in a school. Spears also came up with the concept of tying up the uniform shirts to bare her midriff.

So it was Brit-Brit's idea. Don't blame her parents. I think she has the 'smarts' to make it in the business, she knows what it takes and would have done fine if she had not married and had kids. The business part she can handle, it's the 'real life' stuff she has a problem with.
I blame the parents in general - and in this cited instance as well. If I am correct, Britney was still a minor child when she made the "Baby One More Time" video.

I had lots of "ideas" when I was a teenager (in the '80s). Doing bongs in my bedroom with my friends was one of them. But my parents were smart, found out, and handled the situation. They took away my car, priviledges, etc. Throughout my life they supported and encouraged my (and my siblings) interest in our athletics, academics, and other extra-curricular activities. They took an extremely active interest in who the hell we were hanging out with. When the bong incident happened, they called the parents of my friends.

My point is - just because I had my own ideas as a teenager/young adult - it was my parents' job to take an active interest in the steering of my ship. And thank G-d they did. And when I needed help as an adult for a short period of time - they were there for me too.

I'm just saying - I cannot imagine not only letting - but encouraging my young daughter to parade around sexually the way Britney did (in front of the world) while she was still maturing into a young woman. Such a crucial time in a woman's life and it's just my opinion - but I do not believe that Britney's parents guided her in the best way. I think they (like other "hollywood parents") got all caught up in the glitz, glamour, fame & money to the detriment of their child.

southcitymom said:
Why not? Why are you able to give Britney the benefit of the doubt that she is not sleeping with everything that moves, but unable to give Kevin the benefit of the doubt that he cares for his kids more than just as monetary pawns?
I didn't say that he didn't care for his kids. I said that I don't believe he wants fulltime custody. There have been numerous reports of Kevin turning down Britney's settlement offers and holding out for more money. I am sure he loves his kids and he might even be a good father, but if he was interested in being a fulltime dad, he had the opportunity to do so with Shar and instead he ran right into a relationship and marriage with Britney. There isn't a doubt in my mind that he enjoyed all of the monetary and prestige privileges that came with being Mr. Britney Spears. When Britney first had Sean and then Jayden, he was partying all over Vegas, LA, taking trips, etc with his buddies while she was home with the kids.

Also, it has been confirmed that it is not true that Kevin requested an emergency hearing re. custody for the kids. I just don't trust Kevin. Almost everyone in Britney's life has sold her out at one time or another in order to make some quick cash with the tabloids. Her first husband, former employees and friends included. I am hoping that out of respect for her and love for his children, that Kevin will not do this, but I am not that optimistic.

Masterj said:
I didn't say that he didn't care for his kids. I said that I don't believe he wants fulltime custody. There have been numerous reports of Kevin turning down Britney's settlement offers and holding out for more money. I am sure he loves his kids and he might even be a good father, but if he was interested in being a fulltime dad, he had the opportunity to do so with Shar and instead he ran right into a relationship and marriage with Britney. There isn't a doubt in my mind that he enjoyed all of the monetary and prestige privileges that came with being Mr. Britney Spears. When Britney first had Sean and then Jayden, he was partying all over Vegas, LA, taking trips, etc with his buddies while she was home with the kids.

Also, it has been confirmed that it is not true that Kevin requested an emergency hearing re. custody for the kids. I just don't trust Kevin. Almost everyone in Britney's life has sold her out at one time or another in order to make some quick cash with the tabloids. Her first husband, former employees and friends included. I am hoping that out of respect for her and love for his children, that Kevin will not do this, but I am not that optimistic.
I hear you. I was just curious as to the reasoning behind your opinions. It's easy to say about anyone who is not famous who gets involved with someone who is famous that all they care about is the money and trappings. I understand that's not what you're saying and that your suspicions about his motivations go deeper than that. They make sense to me.

I've read conflicting news about the emergency hearing so I don't know what to think about that.

You're so right that she has been sold out over and over again.

In contrast to Brit and Kevin you have seemingly normal couples like Christina A. and her hubby Jordan, or Jessica Alba and Cash Warren. You don't see those guys running all over the world partying and flashing money.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I think Justin also sold Britney out. He could have let people assume Cry Me A River was about her, but no. He had to go out and get a Brit look alike for his video, etc. I understand he was hurt and humiliated but I thought that was an incredibly cruel and tacky thing to do to someone he supposedly once loved. And IMO, he KNEW that song would catapult him right to the top. What drove me the most nuts was that Britney was not the only one who cheated in that relationship. She might have been the only one that got caught, but Justin was no choirboy himself.

southcitymom said:
Thanks for the link, curious. I'm glad he's stepping up. I also read that Britney showed up at his house last night to see the kids and he wouldn't let her. I am glad he is playing hardball in order to get her in treatment.

I thought she was in rehab? She left AGAIN?

ISPTRAX said:
I thought she was in rehab? She left AGAIN?
She checked into some rehab in the Bahamas and then left within 24 hours and then a few days later she checked into Promises (rehab) in Califormia and then left within 24 hours. And now she is back in Promises and has made it past the 24 hour mark this time!

Masterj said:
In contrast to Brit and Kevin you have seemingly normal couples like Christina A. and her hubby Jordan, or Jessica Alba and Cash Warren. You don't see those guys running all over the world partying and flashing money.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I think Justin also sold Britney out. He could have let people assume Cry Me A River was about her, but no. He had to go out and get a Brit look alike for his video, etc. I understand he was hurt and humiliated but I thought that was an incredibly cruel and tacky thing to do to someone he supposedly once loved. And IMO, he KNEW that song would catapult him right to the top. What drove me the most nuts was that Britney was not the only one who cheated in that relationship. She might have been the only one that got caught, but Justin was no choirboy himself.
I agree with that assessment. And what about her most recent short-lived boyfriend (I forget his name) - he dished all about her with very inappropriate details in a recent interview. He kept saying how special and great she was, but he was telling all this personal stuff - really uncool and creepy.

southcitymom said:
I agree with that assessment. And what about her most recent short-lived boyfriend (I forget his name) - he dished all about her with very inappropriate details in a recent interview. He kept saying how special and great she was, but he was telling all this personal stuff - really uncool and creepy.
I think his name was Isaac, not sure though. Yeah - he was another class act. He told the tabs that Brit was despondent over her marriage ending and that she was basically falling apart. He made himself sound like such a matyr like he cared so much about her but knew he couldn't help her so he had to walk away. Meanwhile he walked straight to the tabloids and made a cool $150 K for blabbing about her.

I wonder how Jamie Lynn is dealing with all of this. She and Britney are very close. Just wait until the tabloids turn their focus on her. You know it will happen.

Dang those pictures of her bald headed and beating up the car with the umbrella really look kind of creepy. I feel that she is really going through some stuff right now and Kevin is the best one to take care of his children. She just needs to get help and get herself back on track. I don't think she has a mental illness I just think she snapped due to whatever reasons. Acting like this is obviously going to attract more attention to her though and that is one of the reasons I think she snapped to begin with is all the paparazzi following her every move. I couldnt imagine going to buy a gallon of milk and having 50 cameras shoved in my face. It would get old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin
Back