TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Astroworld Security Guard Pricked in Neck with Needle, Houston PD Says

Chief Finner said a security guard working the event felt a prick in his neck by an unknown assailant while he was trying to restrain a citizen -- and he quickly fell unconscious. Finner says the guard was revived by use of NARCAN ... and that medical personnel did, indeed, see something on his neck that indicated he'd been stabbed with a syringe.

Noting needle spiking has been a 'thing' in the UK as of late, could a similar thing be happening in the US too? speculation, imo.
Ws thread.
UK- Reports of ‘needle spiking’ in Britain drive young women, students to boycott bars, Oct. 2021
rbbm.

Live Updates: 8 dead, including 2 teenagers, in Astroworld Festival incident - News Express US
''Chief of Police Troy Finner confirmed Saturday afternoon that authorities are aware of reports of a possible drug spiking incident. Finner said that, while they are investigating the possible drug spiking incident, other victims were clearly trampled. Officials are waiting to receive video footage of the event from Live Nation — they expect to receive the footage later Saturday.

He added that an officer in the area reported feeling a prick in his neck before losing consciousness. Authorities administered Narcan and were able to revive him. Medical staff who treated the officer noticed a mark that could have been from an injection, Finner said.

A source close to Astroworld told CBS News the alleged drug spiking incident was a targeted attack on innocent people, including a child.''

Houston mayor says Travis Scott's deadly Astroworld Festival 'had more security' than the World Series

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said Saturday the city had "more security" at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival on Friday than it did during the World Series, pledging a "thorough review and investigation" into the deadly event.

"We had more security over there than we had at the World Series games," Tuner told The New York Times in a phone interview Saturday.

There were over 41,000 in attendance at one of the World Series games in Houston held just last week, and it is surprising to hear there was more security at the Astroworld Festival in Houston last night. But then there were more than 50,000 at that. 500+ security personnel averages 1 for every 100 concert goers which doesn’t really sound like very good odds. Whatever it was, it was not enough to manage this crowd. I was in a close crowd leaving Minute Maud after one of the ALDS games earlier in October, and there were several minutes of a “packed like sardines” feeling as we made our way out. I am not a fan of crowds in close places anyhow, and I had thoughts of what would happen in a panic for any reason. It is just a worst case scenario, and when there is nowhere to go, and people are surging from behind, it must be awful. I am saddened that 8 lives were lost in the tragedy. They are someones’s children/sibling,/friend who came to enjoy an event of live music, something that has been missing for the past 18 months.

Noting needle spiking has been a 'thing' in the UK as of late, could a similar thing be happening in the US too? speculation, imo.
Ws thread.
UK- Reports of ‘needle spiking’ in Britain drive young women, students to boycott bars, Oct. 2021
rbbm.

Live Updates: 8 dead, including 2 teenagers, in Astroworld Festival incident - News Express US
''Chief of Police Troy Finner confirmed Saturday afternoon that authorities are aware of reports of a possible drug spiking incident. Finner said that, while they are investigating the possible drug spiking incident, other victims were clearly trampled. Officials are waiting to receive video footage of the event from Live Nation — they expect to receive the footage later Saturday.

He added that an officer in the area reported feeling a prick in his neck before losing consciousness. Authorities administered Narcan and were able to revive him. Medical staff who treated the officer noticed a mark that could have been from an injection, Finner said.

A source close to Astroworld told CBS News the alleged drug spiking incident was a targeted attack on innocent people, including a child.''

Oh my, this is terrible! I had heard rumors that people had been involuntarily injected with something at this tragedy last night, but this is the first confirmation that I am aware of. What a cruel vicious assault that is. I pray there will be some way to ID who was doing this, and that they can be arrested and prosecuted, for murder if it turns out some of the dead were a victims of this.

Here's the PC. Towards the end, the chief says they went to the show producers at 9:30pm and told them people were "going down" and the show was stopped at 10:10pm. I got the impression that he thought that we all should think 40 minutes was a very quick turnaround. :eek::eek::eek:

Oh my, this is terrible! I had heard rumors that people had been involuntarily injected with something at this tragedy last night, but this is the first confirmation that I am aware of. What a cruel vicious assault that is. I pray there will be some way to ID who was doing this, and that they can be arrested and prosecuted, for murder if it turns out some of the dead were a victims of this.
In addition to being worried about what he was injected with, he has to worry about hepatitis, and so forth. You know that needle wasn't clean. What an evil and demented mind it takes to do something like that.

Here's the PC. Towards the end, the chief says they went to the show producers at 9:30pm and told them people were "going down" and the show was stopped at 10:10pm. I got the impression that he thought that we all should think 40 minutes was a very quick turnaround. :eek::eek::eek:

I heard it differently I guess... I heard HPD/HFD were alerted to incidents starting and alerted the producers at 930pm. The show continued to run through the entire set with the last song starting at 1010 pm. He was insinuating the producers of the show did nothing to stop the show and help the audience, which is evidenced by videos of the scene as well as camera people not listening and shoving people off their stands even though the people are yelling someone is dead and to please stop the show.

I heard it differently I guess... I heard HPD/HFD were alerted to incidents starting and alerted the producers at 930pm. The show continued to run through the entire set with the last song starting at 1010 pm. He was insinuating the producers of the show did nothing to stop the show and help the audience, which is evidenced by videos of the scene as well as camera people not listening and shoving people off their stands even though the people are yelling someone is dead and to please stop the show.
That’s how I heard it too - to me they weren’t impressed with that length of time.

The videos on the daily mail article are short, but IMO, horrifying. Does a head artist of a live show have any "duty of care" in such a scenario? @gitana1

Please disregard the seemingly inflammatory headlines. I think that the videos are worthy of sharing however (all jmo).

Eight are killed and 'hundreds' injured at Travis Scott's sold-out Astroworld Festival in Houston | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cokie
Back