TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The El Paso shooting suspect showed no remorse, police say

The man who authorities say opened fire at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, had a ”stone-cold look” when he surrendered, a police official who came face-to-face with him told CNN.

“It was a look I’d never seen before, and I’ve been on this force for 31 years,” the official said. “I’ve seen murderers, robbers, nothing like this.”

MOO The police that arrested him were of latin ancestry, so the killer was showing them his kill face, letting them know he would kill them as soon as breathe.

Last edited:
What to Do if You Are Caught in a Store Shooting

Shooters will look for soft targets, Walmart is obviously one,” he said, adding to always make a mental note of all the possible hiding spots in case of an emergency.

He suggested the stockroom as an option. “All bets are off, it says, ‘Do Not Enter,’ if you need to get away, you go in there,” he said.

Videos from the Walmart in El Paso show shoppers taking shelter on the floor but Stanton said to run.

“If you can see a shooter they can see you,” he said. “You gotta get out of that sightline as soon as possible.”

What to Do if You Are Caught in a Store Shooting

Shooters will look for soft targets, Walmart is obviously one,” he said, adding to always make a mental note of all the possible hiding spots in case of an emergency.

He suggested the stockroom as an option. “All bets are off, it says, ‘Do Not Enter,’ if you need to get away, you go in there,” he said.

Videos from the Walmart in El Paso show shoppers taking shelter on the floor but Stanton said to run.

“If you can see a shooter they can see you,” he said. “You gotta get out of that sightline as soon as possible.”

Regardless of whether or not "we can do better"... "People In Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones."

MOO comparing stones with stones:
Hypothetically, 22 Americans shot and same number injured in a public marketplace by a Mexican that hated Americans.
I think there would be a lot of real outcry in this country on that, demands for legal action against Mexico etc.

MOO comparing stones with stones:
Hypothetically, 22 Americans shot and same number injured in a public marketplace by a Mexican that hated Americans.
I think there would be a lot of real outcry in this country on that, demands for legal action against Mexico etc.
Then why haven't we? Do not pretend the US corners the market on violent abhorrent crimes.

Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined
Forbes - Feb 21, 2018,
sbm

"Of the five Mexican states that the State Department tells Americans not to visit, one, Tamaulipas, borders the USA. It shares a 230-mile border with Texas, and murder, armed robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, extortion and sexual assault commonly occur,"
snip

"criminal groups target public and private passenger buses traveling through Tamaulipas, often taking passengers hostage and demanding ransom payments.”

Four of the 11 Mexican states that the State Department says Americans should “reconsider” traveling to — Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon and Sonora — border the USA. The other seven are Estado de Mexico, Jalisco, Morelos, Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi and Zacatecas."

Last edited:
Then why haven't we ? Do not pretend the US corners the market on violent abhorrent crimes.

Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined
Forbes - Feb 21, 2018,
sbm

"Of the five Mexican states that the State Department tells Americans not to visit, one, Tamaulipas, borders the USA. It shares a 230-mile border with Texas, and murder, armed robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, extortion and sexual assault commonly occur,"
snip

"criminal groups target public and private passenger buses traveling through Tamaulipas, often taking passengers hostage and demanding ransom payments.”

Four of the 11 Mexican states that the State Department says Americans should “reconsider” traveling to — Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon and Sonora — border the USA. The other seven are Estado de Mexico, Jalisco, Morelos, Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi and Zacatecas."

Here is an article on Tamaulipas in particular. Interesting and awful that once the big cartels were broken up a free for all broke out among the rifted strongmen.
Professionalizing the police means paying a living wage - which is why police are paid well in the US.

Splinter Groups Of Cartel Gunmen Drive Rising Violence In Tamaulipas, Mexico

Last edited:
One thing that struck me odd is the hero story of Glendon Oakley. I'm new here so I'm not sure if I should start a different post or what? Something just seems off about his story and his interviews from the first one to his recent ones. He was in the middle of the mall at Footlocker and a kid runs in and says there's an active shooter at walmart which is from my approximation a half mile from foot locker. He continues to shop at footlocker and suddenly hears 2 shots? Inside a shopping mall? Then he runs out with a bag in one hand, gun in the other towards walmart with what I imagine would be complete chaos of people running towards him. Gets to Walmart and goes inside and is trying to scoop up kids while he's got a gun in 1 hand and his bag in the other? Something just doesn't seem right. I honestly feel like the most likely story is he came out of the main shopping center and saw everyone running towards him and tried to help confused kids in the parking lot. He had said he had police contact and had to show he was permitted to have the gun but unclear when that was happening was it when he was crossing the parking lot towards walmart? If it was how is it that he continued onto walmart with a weapon and police already actively looking for the shooter?

One thing that struck me odd is the hero story of Glendon Oakley. I'm new here so I'm not sure if I should start a different post or what? Something just seems off about his story and his interviews from the first one to his recent ones. He was in the middle of the mall at Footlocker and a kid runs in and says there's an active shooter at walmart which is from my approximation a half mile from foot locker. He continues to shop at footlocker and suddenly hears 2 shots? Inside a shopping mall? Then he runs out with a bag in one hand, gun in the other towards walmart with what I imagine would be complete chaos of people running towards him. Gets to Walmart and goes inside and is trying to scoop up kids while he's got a gun in 1 hand and his bag in the other? Something just doesn't seem right. I honestly feel like the most likely story is he came out of the main shopping center and saw everyone running towards him and tried to help confused kids in the parking lot. He had said he had police contact and had to show he was permitted to have the gun but unclear when that was happening was it when he was crossing the parking lot towards walmart? If it was how is it that he continued onto walmart with a weapon and police already actively looking for the shooter?

Here's a link to the first interview immediately after the shooting. Note at no time did he ever state he went into Walmart. In fact the only stores he talks about is Fanatics, which I assume he meant Fanzz and would make sense if a kid came running into fanz as it has a close entrance to walmart parking. He says ha leaves fanatics and goes to footlocker which is clear on the other side of the mall further from Walmart and says he hears shots. How did he not hear shots at Fanzz closer to walmart but heard them at Foot Locker?

Hero Fort Bliss Soldier Carried Children Away from Gunfire in Walmart Shooting

Now watch this video where he talks about how he saw the shooter enter the store. Uhm, how the heck did he do that when he was at fanatics (fanzz) when it all started????? His story changes but doesn't seem like anyone challenges it because I guess we want to believe in heroes.

Soldier hailed as hero during shooting: It's 'the worst thing I've ever been through'

Here's a link to the first interview immediately after the shooting. Note at no time did he ever state he went into Walmart. In fact the only stores he talks about is Fanatics, which I assume he meant Fanzz and would make sense if a kid came running into fanz as it has a close entrance to walmart parking. He says ha leaves fanatics and goes to footlocker which is clear on the other side of the mall further from Walmart and says he hears shots. How did he not hear shots at Fanzz closer to walmart but heard them at Foot Locker?

Now watch this video where he talks about how he saw the shooter enter the store. Uhm, how the heck did he do that when he was at fanatics (fanzz) when it all started????? His story changes but doesn't seem like anyone challenges it because I guess we want to believe in heroes.

Soldier hailed as hero during shooting: It's 'the worst thing I've ever been through'

MOO he will be and should be shredded if he made it up.

Last edited:
MOO he will be and should be shredded if he made it up. That is stolen valor.
The person that grabbed the rifle from the Dayton killer and died for it needs the positive media attention, recognition and honor. Because the Dayton hero grabbed the rifle the police who came immediately after were able to confront and kill a murderer armed with a handgun.
No one grabbed a rifle from the Dayton shooter. There is surveillance video of 6 police officers shooting him with the rifle still in his hands. It was a wrong statement made on the day of the event.

His story changes but doesn't seem like anyone challenges it because I guess we want to believe in heroes.
rs/bbm

Yes. And I'm sure there were many of them that day. But imo, most real heroes never make the news. They feel deeply for others, have grace and humility and are too busy keeping themselves from breaking. They don't seek attention.

I agree and noticed. But I didn't want to be negative Nelly. o_O

I agree and noticed. But I didn't want to be negative Nelly. o_O
I'll be a negative nelly for ya! This guy looks positively manic in his interviews. He strikes me as the kind of person who would almost be glad this kind of attack happened so he could get his five minutes of fame.

That's exactly the impression I got before anyone here ever mentioned him. (which is why I didn't.)

I found his account of events confusing as well, didn’t make any sense to me. JMO

But, who wants to be the one to question a hero. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member