TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Emma's Law will hopefully be made retro active so that Abigail is no longer offered the option of a parole hearing every year. This family has no time to heal. Every 8 months, they are buffeted. Every 8 months, the anxiety and fear kicks in....will she be released.

It is a breathtakingly cruel form of torture, imo. Abby should be bearing the burden of her choices. I wish her cell was papered with the images of her poor beautiful broken child. The super glue.

Reference: Young, Abigail
State ID: 08428403
TDCJ ID: 01668233

I am writing to ask the Parole Board to DENY parole for Abigail Young, State ID:08428403
TDCJ ID: 01668233.

Young violated the most sacred bond and trust to ever exist, that between a mother and child. Never in the history of mankind has there ever been a relationship or responsibility more important than that of
being a mother. The very definition of
mother is to be an absolute protector. Young is the worst of the worst of abusers. In my opinion, she is more guilty than her co-defendant, Coe.

Please do not be misled by the fact that Young was only convicted of failing to protect her innocent 3 year old daughter. It is hard to prove exactly who did what enough to convict beyond reasonable doubt. Her role in the physical and sexual
abuse that ultimately lead to her baby girls death had to have been more confusing, painful and tortuous to that child than that of the man, Coe, who actually committed it. Coe
was Youngs boyfriend and was not the child's father. I can not fathom what that beautiful little girl must have felt, not just physically but psychologically, to have to look over to her mommy, no doubt crying and pleading for mommy to help her, to
save her, to rescue her, only to see mommy do nothing. How confusing that must have been to a 3 year old child. My only comfort is knowing she is with The Ultimate Saviour
now AND that these two soulless monsters are, for now, locked away so no other child will suffer at their hands. UNLESS YOU GRANT YOUNG THE FREEDOM TO HARM AND KILL AGAIN.

I can't imagine the guilt I know I would feel if I had a hand in allowing
Young the opportunity to bear another precious gift from God and learning that this happened again. She must answer for her actions and you must answer for yours.

Please, put yourself in the shoes of that 3 year old baby as you are deciding whether to let her killer free.

Sincerely,
Kristy Kelly

I HOPE there is special place reserved in hell for these two.
Call me judgmental, I'LL BE THAT!

Kristy

This is an update regarding the status of HB431 (Emma's Law):

Actions: (descending date order)

<TABLE borderColor=#d0d0d0 cellSpacing=1 rules=rows borderColorLight=white border=1 frame=hsides><TBODY><TR bgColor=#d0d0d0><TD colSpan=2 align=center>Description</TD><TD align=center>Comment</TD><TD align=center>Date</TD><TD align=center> Time </TD><TD align=center>Journal Page</TD></TR><TR><TD>S </TD><TD>Considered in public hearing </TD><TD> </TD><TD> 05/16/2013 </TD><TD> </TD><TD align=center></TD></TR><TR><TD>S </TD><TD>Scheduled for public hearing on . . . </TD><TD> </TD><TD> 05/16/2013 </TD><TD> </TD><TD align=center></TD></TR><TR><TD>S </TD><TD>Posting rule suspended </TD><TD> </TD><TD> 05/16/2013 </TD><TD> </TD><TD align=center>1903</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas - Legislative Session 2013 - Actions: HB431

For those wondering about whether or not this is a good or bad thing, this is what information I found regarding the posting rule:

"Suspending the posting rule effectively means enough people voted in favor of hearing the bill despite the failing to provide the required 5 calendar day notice of hearing being posted. (HR Rule 4, Section 11)

In order for a bill to be heard before a committee, the committee is required to post a 5 calendar day public notice of hearing. This (procedural) rule is often used to bypass giving ample notice of a hearing.

Here is an example I discovered regarding another bill with the posting rule suspended:

To draw an analogy, HB 2391 was voted on in the senate by suspending the rule requiring a bill be read three times. The bill was read twice then passed. Had the rule not been suspended, the bill could not have been brought for a vote.

With any luck, we are looking at a quick vote and quick passage. It doesnt seem likely that this bill will be shot down at this stage of the game, but Ann-TX can fill us in on that part.

Hi, believe09!

Thanks for the above explanation. I should have explained that when I posted the updated Actions . . . shame on me!

I think HB431 (Emma's Law) will pass the Senate unanimously.

It would be political "suicide" to not vote "yea".

Once it passes the Senate, it will be sent to Gov. Rick Perry to sign!

I'm sure you know that but in case others don't know the procedure in TX . . .

Sent my email to the parole board yesterday, I hope that woman never gets out, or at least not until she's old enough not to have any more children.

i would love to write a letter but have no idea what the main points of it should be. do you have a template or a standard form that i could follow?
thank you!

I'll just jump in here to help answer your question. Go back one page to Post #119 and look in about the middle of the post for the email address. Then go down to post #122 for the post that Hipmomx2 wrote just for an example. That should get you started. Be sure to include all of the prison numbers and her name when you write your letter.

i would love to write a letter but have no idea what the main points of it should be. do you have a template or a standard form that i could follow?
thank you!
Hi, pukasonqo2!

Thank you for wanting to write a letter and be a "voice for Emma Thompson." Every letter is important and it is read by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. Your letter, like every letter written, counts!

Your letter can be as simple as:

"I oppose parole for Abigail Young."

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info (hi-lited in blue - see below):

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice
Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Email: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us

Fax: (512) 452-0825

Placed on Parole Review: 4/30/13
~~~~~

This "sample" letter was posted to Justice For Emma Thompson facebook (page created by LCoastMom in March, 2012).

You are welcomed to use this letter or use it as a guide. A few members posted their letters on this thread. If you scroll upthread and to previous pages, you can see what they wrote.

To Whom This May Concern:

A parole review has been requested for Abigail Young. This woman has shown no remorse for what happened to her daughter, 4 year old Emma Thompson, who was brutally raped and beaten by Abigail Young's boyfriend, Lucas Coe.

Emma Thompson, an innocent, defenseless child, died a slow and painful death as a result of her acute injuries. Prior to her death, Emma was diagnosed with genital herpes and displayed numerous bruises of which Abigail Young made excuses for and lied to Emma's doctor, CPS, other doctors and investigators.

Abigail Young was found guilty of causing injury to a child by omission and sentenced to 20 years by a jury of her peers.

Abigail Young appealed her case with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals and that was denied on 1-10-12. Then she requested a Rehearing and the Fourteenth Court of Appeals OVERRULED on 2-29-12.

Abigail Young was rightfully convicted and should be incarcerated for the full duration of her sentence. She is a danger to society and should not be released under any circumstances.

Please deny parole for Abigail Young. Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely,
~~~~~

Here is another "sample" letter:

To Whom This May Concern:

A parole review has been requested for Abigail Young. This woman has shown no remorse for what happened to her daughter, 4 year old Emma Thompson, who was brutally raped and beaten by Lucas Coe. She was found guilty of causing injury to a child by omission and sentenced to 20 years by a jury of her peers.

She tried to appeal her case and that was denied. She was rightfully convicted and should be incarerated for the full duration of her sentence. She is a danger to society and should not be released under any circumstances.

Sincerely,

Source for the above "sample" letters:

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Justice For Emma Thompson - Facebook

Thanks everyone who helped provide the information on how to submit a letter. I just sent mine off via email a few minutes ago. I also appreciate the case summaries you've posted so I could learn more about Emma. She was right around my niece's age and reading her story really grabbed my heart. This poor baby. Knowing more also helped me to make the letter/email more personal. I look forward to hearing she's in for another year... can't believe she only got 20 to begin with, but I'm glad for anything we can do to help keep her there for every minute of it. Thanks all, again.

This is an update (5/17/13) regarding the status of HB431 (Emma's Law).
It is moving along nicely!:

Actions: (descending date order)

Description Comment Date Time Journal Page

S Recommended for local & uncontested calendar 05/17/2013
S Reported favorably as substituted 05/17/2013

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas - Legislative Session 2013 - Actions: HB431
~~~~~

For info purposes:

http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/gtli/legproc/process_locbills.html
State of Texas - Guide to Texas Legislative Information (GTLI)
Process for a Bill

Snipped:

The calendar used for consideration of local and noncontroversial bills in the senate is the Local and Uncontested Calendar, which is set by the Senate Committee on Administration. A measure may not be considered by the Senate Committee on Administration for placement on the Local and Uncontested Calendar unless both the author or sponsor of the measure and the chair of the committee from which the measure was reported file a written request for placement on the Local and Uncontested Calendar with the Senate Committee on Administration. Measures ineligible for placement on the calendar are local or general bills and resolutions that are contested in committee, create new departments or subdivisions within state government, or contain any state appropriations. Local and Uncontested Calendars normally are prepared for consideration by the senate once or twice a week during the last half of the regular session. Measures on the Local and Uncontested Calendar are considered without a suspension of the regular order of business, which generally is required for consideration of legislation in the senate. As in the house, consideration of Local and Uncontested Calendars in the senate is expedited because the measures on these calendars usually are not debated and floor amendments to measures on these calendars are prohibited. A measure may be removed from the Local and Uncontested Calendar if two or more senators object to the consideration of the measure.

Note: Above bolded by Ann-Tx

For those who may not be aware of some of the details of the Emma Thompson case, you might be interested in reading the brief (Fourteenth Court of Appeals) which includes some of the trial testimony and evidence introduced in the Lucas Coe trial.

Snipped from my Emma Thompson case files:

I think you will be most interested in reading this document. It is the Brief filed by the State with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals on 11/30/2011 and includes some of the testimony from Lucas Ruric Coe's trial:

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Sear...&MediaID=8bdcb854-3be6-4ef0-a064-2d9842d0bdc4
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Lucas Ruric Coe
11/30/2011 Brief submitted by the State (54 pages)

Lucas Coe's appeal was affirmed (denied) on 5/24/12.

This is the Link to the Opinion by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals:

Memorandum Opinion (41 pages): WARNING: Contains graphic content

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=11dad4ff-bf79-4025-9953-1e8681bb56bb&coa=coa14&DT=Opinion&MediaID=c5712701-cc34-4e47-aaa5-09ee90ba72de
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Lucas Ruric Coe - Opinion

Source for the above:

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=14-10-00929-CR
Tx Courts.gov: Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Houston, Harris County, TX -- Lucas Ruric Coe
~~~~~

The following is regarding Abigail Young's appeal with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals. Young's appeal was affirmed (denied) by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals on 1/10/12.

WARNING: Some of the content in the Majority Opinion may be difficult to read - graphic.

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=f6e25fd4-bf48-4d95-883a-c7cf06d16818&coa=coa14&DT=Opinion&MediaID=b05639cf-5420-445d-a9d2-ac2598fbe107
Fourteenth Court of Apppeals - Houston, Harris County, Tx
Majority Opinion: Affirmed and Opinion Filed 1/10/12 - Abigail Elizabeth Young (24 pages)

Source for the above:

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=14-10-00646-CR
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Houston, Harris County, TX --Abigail Elizabeth Young

In loving memory of precious Emma Thompson . . .
Gone . . . but not forgotten!
442181.gif

432130_203752413057706_1624970530_n.jpg

422807_203752429724371_2101354225_n.jpg

421301_203752439724370_1373405718_n.jpg

417051_203752459724368_1795820571_n.jpg

417192_203875523045395_1019261188_n.jpg

423508_203875546378726_564514431_n.jpg

429669_205412022891745_13279613_n.jpg

01012EMMATHOMPSON.JPG
~~~
2mpidrt.jpg

52nvab.jpg

Above pictures courtesy: Amanda Young Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt

549637_215332588566355_702650185_n.jpg

~~~ Rest in peace, precious Emma! ~~~

For the convenience of those who want to be a voice for Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing her mother, Abigail Young's parole, I am posting the info for letters again:

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young.

Serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence is NOT justice for Emma Thompson!

If you have limited time, your letter can be as simple as:

"I oppose parole for Abigail Young."

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info (hi-lited in blue):

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice
Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Email: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us

Fax: (512) 452-0825

~~~

622x350.jpg

Abigail Young
Photo By Melissa Phillip/Chronicle
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

01012EMMATHOMPSON.JPG

The victim: Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Easter. Taken Easter Sunday, 2009 in Brenham, TX)
Photo courtesy: Amanda Young Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt.

I sent an email this morning. I am not from the US but feel that the board should know how disgusted people are by what happened to this poor little girl and that her "mother" has no place walking free within the dismal 20 year sentence that was put upon her.

Will also help the parole board know what eyes all over the world are watching. This little girls voice needs to be projected LOUD AND CLEAR, FAR AND WIDE.

Best of luck with passing the law. Going over this every 8 months just to make sure she stays in the right place is more punishment to the family than the actual sentence the " mother" received, IMO.

HB431 (Emma's Law) is moving along in the Senate.

I just got an e-mail notification that HB431 has been certified for placement on the Senate Local and Uncontested Calendar to be held Tuesday, 5/31/13 at 5 pm CDT.

It's a shame they couldn't execute this monster!! Morally bankrupt, sick psycho should be tortured to death, just like she did her daughter! I will say a prayer for Emma today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Cliffhanger
Back