TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am a new member to Websleuths and am hoping that I am posting to this thread right, but I wanted you to know that I am sending out a email tonight to oppose the parole of Abigail Young. I read all of the material on this thread tonight and was just heartsick and so disgusted to think a "mother" would allow something like this to happen to her child. :please: She most certainly deserves to stay right where she is at and most certainly doesn't need to be out so she can conceive again. You can depend on me to send a email every year that one is needed to keep this woman in prison.:jail:

I just received an e-mail alert from the Texas Legislature online site regarding HB431.

After a third reading, HB431 has passed the Senate! Yes!

The next step in the process would be for HB431 to be sent to Texas Governor Rick Perry. If he signs HB431, it will become law:

HB431 - Emma's Law to honor Emma Thompson!
~~~~~

Bill: HB 431

Legislative Session: 83(R) Author: Riddle

Actions: (descending date order)

Description Comment Date Time Journal Page

Snipped:

S Record vote 05/21/2013
S Passed 05/21/2013
S Read 3rd time 05/21/2013

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas - 83rd Legislative Session/2013 - HB 431 - Actions

Wonderful news, Ann-Tx!!! I am so thrilled-congratulations to everyone who has worked so tirelessly here. Gov Perry will do the right thing-I have no doubt. I am praying so hard for you and yours... :blowkiss:

It's a shame they couldn't execute this monster!! Morally bankrupt, sick psycho should be tortured to death, just like she did her daughter! I will say a prayer for Emma today.

I am in favor of her staying in prison.

I am a new member to Websleuths and am hoping that I am posting to this thread right, but I wanted you to know that I am sending out a email tonight to oppose the parole of Abigail Young. I read all of the material on this thread tonight and was just heartsick and so disgusted to think a "mother" would allow something like this to happen to her child. :please: She most certainly deserves to stay right where she is at and most certainly doesn't need to be out so she can conceive again. You can depend on me to send a email every year that one is needed to keep this woman in prison.:jail:

:yourock:

Welcome to Websleuths, and thank you so much for taking the time to do this for Emma and her family.

Thank you to everyone on the thread...

:grouphug:

Hi, mysteryloverdee!

Welcome to Websleuths!

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and become a supporter of justice and voice for Emma Thompson by writing a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young.

The brutal, horrific rape and murder of barely 4-years-old Emma Thompson could have been avoided if Abigail Young had not brought Lucas Coe into her home and if she had not lied to Emma's pediatrician, CPS, investigators, other doctors, etc.

Serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence is not justice for Emma Thompson. The nature of the crime was brutal and horrific and Abigail Young needs to serve all 20 years. Just my opinion!

Stages of HB431 - Emma's Law

Bill Stages:

<TABLE width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="19%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 bgColor=yellow border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Bill: </TD><TD>HB 431 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Legislative Session: 83(R) </TD><TD align=left>Author: Riddle

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Stage 1
Filed

1/10/2013
pass.gif

Stage 2
Out of House Committee
3/20/2013

pass.gif

Stage 3
Voted on by House
4/26/2013

pass.gif

Stage 4
Out of Senate Committee
5/17/2013

pass.gif

Stage 5
Voted on by Senate
5/21/2013

pass.gif

Stage 6
Governor Action

Stage 7
Bill Becomes Law

Stage 1
Bill filed by Riddle on 1/10/2013.

Stage 2
Bill reported out of House committee on Corrections with vote of 6 Ayes, 0 Nays, 0 Present Not Voting, 1 Absent.

Stage 3
Bill passed the House.

Stage 4
Bill reported out of Senate committee on Criminal Justice with vote of 7 Ayes, 0 Nays, 0 Present Not Voting, 0 Absent.

Stage 5
Bill passed the Senate.

Stage 6
Not reached.

Stage 7
Not reached.

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas - 83rd Legislative Session/2013 - HB 431 - Bill Stages

For your info, KWHI radio is located in Brenham, TX. Brenham is the hometown of Abigail Young, Emma's mother.

The following was on the 7:30 a.m. News this morning. It will be on the Noon News, Evening News and at the top of the hour!
~~~~~

EMMA'S LAW PASSES

(MAY 23RD, 2013) FSW

KWHI - Brenham, TX

0523emmathompson.JPG

Emma Thompson

Emma Thompson spent much of her short life being abused by her mother’s boyfriend, while her mother, Abigail Young, did little or nothing to protect her. Both Lucas Coe and Young are serving lengthy prison sentences but Young has been up for parole several times. That’s something that Emma’s Law, which the state Senate passed Wednesday, addresses.

Under this new law, any felon convicted of a felony against a child only eligible for parole every five years, instead of once a year.

Emma Thompson died in June of 2009, after being beaten by Lucas Coe. Coe was convicted in the death.

Young was arrested after her first day at work at the then Trinity Medical Center. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison for her neglect.

The final step for Emma’s Law to become law, is the governor’s signature.

Source:

http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#EMMA'S LAW PASSES
KWHI - Brenham, TX 5/23/13

I'm thrilled with this news!!! Ann, you said Laurie said something about getting the law to be retroactive so that the Thompsons do not have to do this every year. Any word on that? Prayers and fingers crossed that after this year, they can have a 5 year break!!!

Just received this email from Emma's grandmother

Wanted you to know the Texas Senate passed "Emma's Law" last night and the bill moves to the Governor for his signature! Thaks for all your support.

Laurie Thompson
Emma's Grandma

I am so happy to hear this news and send lots and lots and lots of KUDOS to Ann, and Emma's Grandmother for making this happen. I am sure Ann will make sure the KUDOS get spread out to everyone that helped make this happen. You guys worked so hard for Emma. Bless you.

I hope the Gov'ner signs the bill quickly. I want this for Emma and to keep Abigail behind bars and to give Emma's family some breathing room between these constant threats about her release. I hope that is why the Governor would sign the bill, but if he needs economic reasons, then I hope he understands how much money the Parole Board would save by not having to consider these ___________'s for parole every single year.

Anyway - I hope he signs quickly and makes a very BIG DEAL out of putting his signature on the Bill.

Salem

Wow, this brings tears to my eyes. That little child's few years on earth amounted to something HUGE! Amazing.

THANK YOU to everyone who got involved in ways big and small!!!

Awesome ! Such a heartbreak but now it WILL help others down the road.
It's a little like the passing of the AmberAlert law. IT was so sad and horrible,
yet her death has helped so many.

This article is on the front page at the top (in large letters) in today's editon (hard copy and online subscription) of the Brenham Banner Press.

As stated before, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.
~~~~~

‘Emma’s Law’ heads to Perry for signature

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:52 am

The Banner-Press
Brenham, TX

A bill that would affect inmates jailed for crimes against children is going to Gov. Rick Perry for his signature.

Called “Emma’s Law” after 4-year-old Emma Thompson, who was murdered in 2009, the Texas Senate approved the bill Tuesday. It was previously passed by the House.

To read more subscription is required:

http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/e...cle_34bcbfd8-c3c9-11e2-9f0a-0019bb2963f4.html

I'm thrilled with this news!!! Ann, you said Laurie said something about getting the law to be retroactive so that the Thompsons do not have to do this every year. Any word on that? Prayers and fingers crossed that after this year, they can have a 5 year break!!!
Mama-cita, I don't know if you had a chance to listen to Tricia's True Crime Radio Show when Laurie Thompson and Andy Kahan, Director for the City of Houston - Crime Victims Assistance, were guests on May 12, 2013.

During that show, Andy Kahan stated if the HB431 - Emma's Law passed, it would be retroactive.

It won't affect Abigail Young's parole review this year (2013) but it will affect it next year (2014) if she is not granted parole this year.

It is expected Emma's Law will become effective in September, 2013.

Abigail Young should be notified if she is granted parole or not by the end of August, 2013.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Tricia's True Crime Radio - 5/12/13 Laurie Thompson & Andy Kahan among guests

Special thanks to Websleuths Admin for the following which is a banner at the top of the homepage and all pages!:

<center>SWEET 4 YEAR OLD EMMA THOMPSON HAS A LAW IN HER NAME!!

EMMA'S LAW HAS PASSED </center>

Per Amanda Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt, she did a telephone interview with KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX this afternoon.

Amanda said it will air at 6 pm and 10 pm CDT (7 pm & 11pm EDT) today, 5/23/13.

You can watch the "live stream" here at 6 and 10 pm CDT:

http://www.kbtx.com/livestream
KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX

Amanda Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister, interviewed with KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX:

5/23/13 -- Video & Article

Emma's Law Passes Texas Senate

Updated: Thu 7:11 PM, May 23, 2013

By: Nicole Morten
KBTX - Bryan, TX

emma+thompson.jpg

Her death was shocking; it was gruesome and it ripped a family apart.

“Emma, her sister and I were very close and I was very close to my sister,” said Amanda Mathews, Emma Thompson’s aunt.

Emma Thompson was only four years old when her mother’s boyfriend Lucas Coe raped and brutally beat her to death.

The nature of the crime, the things they did to Emma and the fact my sister tried to protect Lucas Coe,” explained Mathews. “All is stated in the court documents, all the feelings of what she went through the last few days of her life, and it just kills me. She was 4. She was a baby.”

Amanda Mathews testified against her own sister so that little Emma would have a voice.

Read more and view video:

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Emmas-Law-Passes-Texas-Senate-208634131.html?device=phone#.UZ7fzU4o601

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back