TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The following (in blue) is posted on Amanda Young Mathews' Facebook page.

What a sweet picture of Emma! Thanks for sharing with us Amanda!

As many of you know, Amanda is Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister.

Amanda Young Mathews

<A class=uiLinkSubtle href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201888129229103&set=a.1788068505720.2102876.1359800374&type=1"><ABBR title="Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 5:38pm" class="timestamp livetimestamp" data-utime="1376433516">8 hours ago</ABBR> (8/13/13)

Just found out Abigail's parole hearing file has not yet been sent to the board so if there are any people that want to email a protest letter you still have a couple days maybe a week!!! Emma deserves so much more than 3 years! Abigail You...ng has not served even the 4 short years Emma lived her life!!! You can find details of where to send emails and faxes @ Emma ForJustice or inbox me for details! Snail mail is excepted too but not sure it will be there in time! Thank you to everyone that has written a letter already the more the better chance we have to extending her time locked away punished for her negligence! Please hurry if you want your thoughts on her parole to be heard! Every letter, fax, and email must be read! Emma may be gone but she will never be forgotten!

1098369_10201888129229103_920008975_n.jpg

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.youngmathews
Facebook - Amanda Young Mathews

Hi Ann or anyone with Facebook. I can't access this because I am not a Facebook user. Could someone let me know the message?

Hi Ann or anyone with Facebook. I can't access this because I am not a Facebook user. Could someone let me know the message?
Hi, Mama-cita!

The comment by Amanda Y. Mathews is posted in my initial comment. I put the text in blue.

I'll post the comment again but not the pic of Emma. This is copy & pasted from Amanda Young Mathews' Facebook page:

Amanda Young Mathews

<A class=uiLinkSubtle href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201888129229103&set=a.1788068505720.2102876.1359800374&type=1"><ABBR title="Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 5:38pm" class="timestamp livetimestamp" data-utime="1376433516">8 hours ago</ABBR> (8/13/13)

Just found out Abigail's parole hearing file has not yet been sent to the board so if there are any people that want to email a protest letter you still have a couple days maybe a week!!! Emma deserves so much more than 3 years! Abigail You...ng has not served even the 4 short years Emma lived her life!!! You can find details of where to send emails and faxes @ Emma ForJustice or inbox me for details! Snail mail is excepted too but not sure it will be there in time! Thank you to everyone that has written a letter already the more the better chance we have to extending her time locked away punished for her negligence! Please hurry if you want your thoughts on her parole to be heard! Every letter, fax, and email must be read! Emma may be gone but she will never be forgotten!

The following comment by Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, is posted on Justice For Emma Thompson Facebook page (created by LCoastMom).

It was posted on July 23, 2013.
~~~~~

Laurie Thompson
<A href="https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=382360941863518&id=203731323059815"><ABBR title="Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 3:04pm" data-utime="1374609840">July 23 at 3:04pm</ABBR>

Just received word that Emma's Law will be a consideration at this summer's parole board hearing for Abigail Young!

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815

Facebook - Justice For Emma Thompson

We should be hearing from the Texas Pardons & Parole Board (TPPB) soon regarding Abigail Young's parole. It surprises me that we did not hear the decision by the end of August.

TPPB are/were interviewing a few that they interviewed last year who opposed parole for Abigail Young (mostly immediate family).

Amanda Young Mathews (Abigail Young's sister; Emma Thompson's maternal aunt)) was interviewed by TPPB on 9/10/13.

The following is a comment (in blue) she made on her Facebook page on 9/10/13:

Amanda Young Mathews

<A class=uiLinkSubtle href="https://www.facebook.com/amanda.youngmathews/posts/10202082199880748"><ABBR title="Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 9:15am" data-utime="1378829749">September 10</ABBR> via mobile

Today is weighing heavy on my heart...I still need lots of prayers to get me through this day!!!! 12:00 its time to remind the parole board that the nature of what Abigail Young did and allowed to happen to Emma has not changed!! It still amazes me that a mother of three beautiful children cared more about a monster than about her girls!! I am thankful I still have the two of them but wish for all... three to still be here!! She deserves to sit her full term of 20 years but I will be happy with any time they can offset the next hearing and a denial this go round!! Emma's Law is only good if it works to help the system keep offenders behind bars! Nobody could ever convince me that she didn't deserve more than what she got! Emma deserved so much more...Emma doesn't get good behavior, Emma doesn't get time served, Emma was cheated of her freedom and life....Abigail doesnt deserve to be free!!!

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.youngmathews?hc_location=timeline

Abigail Young has been denied parole by the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles.

This morning I received an e-mail from the TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE VICTIM SERVICES DIVISION (Austin,TX).

Snipped:

9/20/2013

RE: Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233

VINE No. (877) 894-8463
Your PIN: xxxxxxxxx

On 9/19/2013, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied release and issued a serve all for this offender. As required by the Mandatory Supervision Law that became effective August 29, 1977, the offender will be released on the projected release date of 8/16/2018 and will remain under supervision until 7/10/2030. We recommend calling our office in order to obtain the most recent information about the offender's projected release date since it is subject to change due to good time gains/losses or time recalculations.

NOTE: Due to the Discretionary Mandatory Law that became effective September 1, 1996, this case may be reviewed by the Board to decide whether to approve or deny the offender's release on the projected release date. We will notify you in the event of a discretionary review.
~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~ Justice for precious Emma Thompson! ~~~

Special thanks to the owner(s)/Admin of Websleuths for the banners, this thread and special radio show with Laurie Thompson as guest.

Very special thanks to all who took the time and wrote a letter or letters to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) opposing parole for Abigail Young. Every letter was read by TBPP and your letter counted!

Many folks from all over the world wrote letters and were a voice for precious Emma Thompson!

No parole for Abigail Young means:

~~~ Justice for Emma Thompson ~~~

Info regarding Abigail Young being denied parole was on the Noon News today, 9/20/13, on KWHI (radio) - Brenham, TX. It will be on at the top of the hour and on the 5 p.m. News today and the 7:35 a.m. News tomorrow morning.

As many of you know, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.

At this time, it is not on KWHI's website. They usually post updates and News each morning by 8 a.m.

If it is put on their site, I will Link.

SERVE ALL, SERVE ALL, SERVE ALL, SERVE ALL, SERVE ALL

Hope AY hears this with every breathe and every heartbeat she has and denied sweet Emma.

Thank you for this news of a little justice, Ann. You and her aunt have really been wonderful in your efforts for Emma.

Mom serving prison time for girl's death denied parole

Updated at 06:32 PM - August, 20, 2013

KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

8587036_448x252.jpg

Abigail Young, the mother convicted in the death of her
four-year-old daughter Emma Thompson, has been
denied parole a second time and it will be several years
now before she's eligible again.

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Abigail Young, the mother convicted in the death of her four-year-old daughter Emma, has been denied parole a second time and it will be several years now before she's eligible again.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9255922

KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX will run the Abigail Young denied parole/Emma's Law story tonight on their 10 p.m. News.

You can watch the Live Stream here at 10 pm CDT/11 pm EDT:

http://www.kbtx.com/livestream
KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX - Live Stream of 10 pm CDT News

The following is a front page headline story in the newspaper, The Banner Press - Brenham, TX. Excellent article!

As many may know, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.

Young again denied parole

Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:50 am

The Banner-Press
Brenham, TX

The Texas Board of Pardons and Parole has again denied the release of Abigail Young.

The board Thursday announced that Young, sentenced to 20 years in state prison in 2010 for recklessly causing serious injury to a child, had been denied parole on a 2-0 vote.

To read more:

http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/y...cle_cff5bf2c-22c4-11e3-91f5-001a4bcf887a.html

Subscription Required

An online service is needed to view this article in its entirety.

YOUNG DENIED PAROLE--AGAIN

KWHI - Brenham, TX

(SEPTEMBER 21, 2013) FSW

Abigail Young has been denied parole yet again.

Young, a former Brenham nurse was arrested in August of 2009, after her daughter Emma died in June that year, of injuries she received from boyfriend Lucas Coe.

Young was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in prison for failing to do anything to protect her daughter from Coe’s abuse.

The Texas Legislature passed ‘Emma’s Law’ in this session that would not allow anyone convicted of a felony against a child to have a parole hearing for at least five years. Thursday’s hearing had already been set when the law was passed.

Young is projected to be released in August of 2018, and will remain under legal supervision until July of 2030.

Source:

http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#YOUNG DENIED BAIL--AGAIN
KWHI - Brenham, TX -- 9/21/13

Yea! What good news! Now, it will be 5 years before this comes up again, right? She will have to sit and suffer for at least 4 of those years, knowing she can't even beg to go in front of the board, right?

Gosh, I hope so.

Salem

Yea! What good news! Now, it will be 5 years before this comes up again, right? She will have to sit and suffer for at least 4 of those years, knowing she can't even beg to go in front of the board, right?

Gosh, I hope so.

Salem
Salem, yes!

The Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) used Emma's Law (to honor Emma Thompson) which was signed into law by Texas Gov. Rick Perry on 6/14/13 to do a five (5) year set off.

We won't be hearing about any parole review/release for Abigail Young for 5 years. Outstanding news!

Also, TBPP invoked the Mandatory Supervision Law that became effective August 29, 1977, to ensure Abigail Young will remain under supervision until 7/10/2030 whenever she is released.

I bet Emma
643974.gif
is smiling down on the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles Board members . . . they did the right thing!

~~~ Rest in Peace, precious Emma! ~~~

Oh Ann - this is such good news. Emma was such a beautiful child.

Okay - so now our next step is to come up with some kind of calendering system to be sure we don't forget to keep an eye on her parole status and rally the forces when next she comes up for parole. Something that will remind us about the beginning of year 4 to start looking things up and getting prepared.

I know you will keep us on track, but it would be nice if we could come up with something that would automatically alert us that we need to start focusing again.

It must be a great relief to you and Emma's family to know that you have a bit of a breather here. The time will go by so fast, but I do hope you all get a chance to relax a bit and catch your breath.

Prayers to all. I will get with our tech folks and see what we might be able to come up with here.

Thank you so much for all your hard work! :hug:

Salem

Ann - I have made an appointment for Sept. 1, 2017 on my personal calender to start tracking this again. Please let me know if I should change that date to be sure we don't miss anything.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back