Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas Police said they are waiting for test results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences, in the Alan White case. LGBT police liaison officer Chelsea Geist said they’re also waiting on warrants. She said a separate warrant is required for Apple and then for each application on his cell phone.

“It is a very difficult and time-consuming process unfortunately,” she said.

DPD waiting for crime scene results in Alan White case - Dallas Voice

From the link:

"She said a separate warrant is required for Apple and then for each application on his cell phone".

That they're looking into what apps Alan used, seems to suggest his use of them or at least some of them had something to do with how/why he went missing.
This is probably not information that is easy for his family to take. :(

BBM:

crime scene

Does that mean they have evidence that points to his vehicle being the crime scene?

I’m afraid that all it means is that the person who wrote the headline wanted something that’ll grab your attention.

I agree that it’s definitely likely that if there was a crime, the vehicle was part of the crime scene. But I don’t consider a newspaper headline to be worth much.

Unless I missed something, ‘crime scene’ isn’t part of the main story.

BBM:

crime scene

Does that mean they have evidence that points to his vehicle being the crime scene?

Is it customary for LGBT Liaisons to be involved just due to the victim being gay regardless of whether they know what happened or not? I am asking as I am genuinely curious or does LE have some inclination it is a factor?

From the link:

"She said a separate warrant is required for Apple and then for each application on his cell phone".

That they're looking into what apps Alan used, seems to suggest his use of them or at least some of them had something to do with how/why he went missing.
This is probably not information that is easy for his family to take. :(
It could easily be related to work. Messaging with a colleague, sending a presentation, a file, in advance of his 7:00am conf. call. This would be especially true if that phone was a work phone, vs. personal phone.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is it customary for LGBT Liaisons to be involved just due to the victim being gay regardless of whether they know what happened or not? I am asking as I am genuinely curious or does LE have some inclination it is a factor?

I'm not sure - Perhaps if they think it could be a hate crime, possibly :(

A trial started on another thread I am following so I got distracted. Which is terrible. I still have to take the battery out of my key fob to test to see what happens if I lock the door and throw it back in the window.
I cannot remember, are there any locals on the thread? Is anything happening in the area to keep AW’s story alive?

A trial started on another thread I am following so I got distracted. Which is terrible. I still have to take the battery out of my key fob to test to see what happens if I lock the door and throw it back in the window.
I cannot remember, are there any locals on the thread? Is anything happening in the area to keep AW’s story alive?

Yes, several locals, but nothing new. Nothing on the local news that hasn’t been reported here already. So very sad for his family.

In my opinion, they just use the Liaison to communicate with that community. The Liaison knows the community, it's citizens, and the ins and outs of that particular community. You will find Liaisons for different ethnicities in most large cities.

Liaison definition "communication or cooperation which facilitates a close working relationship between people or organizations."

Bringing this Admin note forward:
TX - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

per TOS, discussion about orientation is not allowed. (Already it has resulted in numerous posts having to be removed due to debate or bickering or general discussion about sexuality.)

Alan has a husband. Period.

It is not victim friendly to speculate negatively on a victim unless such speculation is based on known fact. IOW, do not speculate on a clandestine encounter unless there is known fact on which to base that discussion.

Last edited:
Dallas Police said they are waiting for test results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences, in the Alan White case. LGBT police liaison officer Chelsea Geist said they’re also waiting on warrants. She said a separate warrant is required for Apple and then for each application on his cell phone.

“It is a very difficult and time-consuming process unfortunately,” she said.

Geist said as of now, there are no new leads and no witnesses have come forward, but she encouraged anyone with information to contact the detective on the case, Detective Eric Barnes at 214-283-4818 or by email at eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Reference case #188623-2020.

DPD waiting for crime scene results in Alan White case - Dallas Voice

With so few clues, I think this was carefully planned, and possibly a "for hire" situation.
I guess the body could be well hidden to hide method of death and any DNA left on it. So, it could be a stranger. However, it does seem well planned. Perhaps, the perpetrator has done this type of crime before and gotten away with it.

Without more information, I go back and forth on whom might be involved in Alan's disappearance. I sure hope that he is found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member