Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense to me as well. But if they know that why is his family and LE being so quiet about it? You’d think any information they have could help to solve the case if they released it.
I'm wondering if LE has pinpointed a suspect from phone pings and data. The suspect could have even been interviewed, stating that Alan was fine when they parted that day.

I've also wondered if perhaps the reason that Alan hasn't been found is that he is on private property, similar to Savannah Spurlock case.

Last edited:
Knox’ explanation makes a lot of sense but why would he arrange to meet someone when he had an early morning phone meeting. What is the timeline?

The timeline has been posted and discussed in both threads numerous times. In this scenario AW had from 6am, to say, 6:30/6:45 to meet up with someone. That may give 20/30/45 minutes depending on where the meeting was taking place and how long it took to get home. Also depending on what the meeting was for. Could have been one of many things. All would make sense (IMO) in the given time frame.

The timeline has been posted and discussed in both threads numerous times. In this scenario AW had from 6am, to say, 6:30/6:45 to meet up with someone. That may give 20/30/45 minutes depending on where the meeting was taking place and how long it took to get home. Also depending on what the meeting was for. Could have been one of many things. All would make sense (IMO) in the given time frame.
Maybe Alan thought he would see that person at the gym, but later agreed to meet at the Racetrac? Which might be a clue as to why he went to that particular station. It was closer for that person to meet him there. Just another possibility ...

On Thursday night of this week at 8:00 pm two armed gunman held up and tried to rob the safe at the AT&T store on Lovers Lane. They then fled across the street and carjacked someone at Trader Joe’s. They fled south through Greenway Park (just North of AW’s home). The helicopters and police were out but didn’t catch them.

I’m sharing to add context. This is all very close together in an area with million dollar homes. Not sure what the likelihood is of the crimes being related.

Not sure if most of you live in Dallas, but I do and actually, live in the same general area as AW and know those roads well. Couple of things...our police force is horribly short-staffed. Our Police Chief resigned after the George Floyd marches here (mis-handling on her part), but agreed to stay on through the end of this year so it's not a good situation. Cops have been leaving the DPD for better paying municipalities for a good 3 years. What does that mean? It means the DPD is terribly short-handed and our crime rate is rising. Our murders are at an all-time high. The police don't respond to alarms or "petty crimes" and the "bad guys" know this...so are getting bolder. There have been senseless murders "for no reason" committed in the act of a robbery, etc. so it's not that far-fetched to think a car-jacker would have killed Alan. When does murder ever really make sense anyway?

<modsnip> .

Not sure how much time is getting spent on this case. Probably not as much as one would hope with our police force being stretched so thin. Thus...the family was wise to hire a PI...although not sure if that's on-going.

<modsnip> About 20 years ago, I actually gutted and remodeled the home across the street from Alan and Rusty's, so know the neighborhood. I am careful not to cast a negative light on Rusty's or Alan's own reputations as I've heard nothing negative about either of them and simply do not wish to say something that could hurt one or the other. The Missy Bevers case many of you likely know...damaged a lot of reputations out of sheer speculation. <modsnip> While nothing should be categorically dismissed, I really don't see suicide, drugs or financial issues.

Considering he went to a RT that wasn't on the route home (that 99% would take from the gym to his home)...after passing a RT on the way...I am of the opinion he went to that RT for a specific reason. Most likely scenario is to meet someone. Who? We obviously don't know, but assuming I'm correct...that person surely was involved with his disappearance. Doesn't really matter how long this meeting was...brief or not...intentional or not...targeted or not....I believe this person (if there was a meeting) and his phone hold the key. I do think car-jacking is still a possibility, albeit a less-likely one given the time of morning...with the traffic and likely CCTV's in the area...my opinion there isn't a snow-balls chance he could have been car-jacked on Inwood between that RaceTrac and when he turned off Inwood onto his street without numerous witnesses.

The entire case is baffling and horribly sad. I can't imagine the anguish Rusty and the family are feeling. Our mutual friends are torn up about it. I pray they have closure soon.

On Thursday night of this week at 8:00 pm two armed gunman held up and tried to rob the safe at the AT&T store on Lovers Lane. They then fled across the street and carjacked someone at Trader Joe’s. They fled south through Greenway Park (just North of AW’s home). The helicopters and police were out but didn’t catch them.

I’m sharing to add context. This is all very close together in an area with million dollar homes. Not sure what the likelihood is of the crimes being related.

If we found a blotter for all the crimes committed in that area in the last 8 weeks, many of them could seem related.

https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/Police-Incidents/qv6i-rri7

If we found a blotter for all the crimes committed in that area in the last 8 weeks, many of them could seem related.

https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/Police-Incidents/qv6i-rri7
And one or more could be related to whatever happened to Alan. Or it could just speak generally to the crime happening in that area at the moment. That’s why I think it’s not out of the question that he was just heading home after filling up at a different RT than usual due to a recent crime near that one, and he was the victim of a crime himself after leaving the RT. Yes, Inwood is busy, even at 6am, but it would still be dark and I bet there were lulls in traffic at that time. It’s definitely possible IMO.
I also think it’s possible he did turn off in that short stretch towards home to meet someone and something happened. At this point I can’t completely rule out anything! I’m so sad that he’s still missing.

Apologies. I know the timeline. That’s why I didn’t think there would be enough time to hook up with someone. Meeting for a quick exchange of items could happen , of course. Good scenarios in this thread.

Whatever the motive, I think he was tracked from the gym. Someone there had a problem with him for whatever reason, or they thought he was an easy mark. I think the answers are with that gym video. And they all have them. Who was eyeballing him/tracking him inside the gym?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Whatever the motive, I think he was tracked from the gym. Someone there had a problem with him for whatever reason, or they thought he was an easy mark. I think the answers are with that gym video. And they all have them. Who was eyeballing him/tracking him inside the gym?

I have wondered about that too as a theory. This gym did not and does not have a good reputation. You can see reviews here that talk about a sexual predator working there, not opening on time, theft from locked lockers and fraud. Concerning. LA Fitness - DALLAS UPTOWN

LA Fitness - East Dallas - Dallas, TX

I have wondered about that too as a theory. This gym did not and does not have a good reputation. You can see reviews here that talk about a sexual predator working there, not opening on time, theft from locked lockers and fraud. Concerning. LA Fitness - DALLAS UPTOWN

I read similar reviews. Gym parking lots are well known to be problematic. Inside, each gym has it's own personality. Some seem to attract the muscle heads, others to occupations that rely on physical strength, size, and fitness, and others more of a mix of corporate types and moms staying in shape. More so than other establishments, gyms can sometimes attract a borderline parolee kind of element that typically intimidate the other gym members. These are the mirror posers, the dumb bell clangers, and the ones who get in arguments over equipment use. The hot heads. They seem to always have an issue with someone. That's who I'd be looking at first. The hot heads. The guys looking for trouble....the types that might not like an "Alan"....at that gym.

I agree it's plausible he was going to meet someone at that gas station, that could be why he chose it and ventured briefly inside, then he received a message to meet them elsewhere nearby. However I think if they planned to meet at a public place with cameras like a gas station, the purpose was something boring (like exchanging paperwork, or something like that). IMO

But for some reason he preferred it to the one that's only 1.3 miles away fro his home on Mockingbird Ln.

But to be honest the closer one doesn't have great reviews either!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 4.59.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 4.59.55 PM.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 5
But for some reason he preferred it to the one that's only 1.3 miles away fro his home on Mockingbird Ln.

But to be honest the closer one doesn't have great reviews either!
I don’t know Alan’s history but there is a huge comfort zone factor with a gym (especially with instructors if you’re a class or trainer person). I have noted before, that I only joined websleuths after I had to stop going to the gym after Covid. I would not be here. The gym was my community through all the ups and downs of life. I have so many stories about my gym friends!! They were with me when I was pregnant, when I had babies, and now with kids. I saw them through losing spouses, getting dentures, driving into the gym and smashing the lobby in their car due to old age/cardiac/ events. There is a connection factor JMO.

Seems there are at least 10 of us who currently live in Dallas, some who live elsewhere in the metroplex and some ex-Dallasites. A few of us live(d) and/or work(ed) in the part of Dallas that Alan disappeared in.
I realize there are several on WS that live in Dallas and either live around or are familiar with the area...just wondering if it's the majority of folks on this particular thread. WS casts a wide net, but I would imagine...this thread has a preponderance of Dallasites. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don’t know Alan’s history but there is a huge comfort zone factor with a gym (especially with instructors if you’re a class or trainer person). I have noted before, that I only joined websleuths after I had to stop going to the gym after Covid. I would not be here. The gym was my community through all the ups and downs of life. I have so many stories about my gym friends!! They were with me when I was pregnant, when I had babies, and now with kids. I saw them through losing spouses, getting dentures, driving into the gym and smashing the lobby in their car due to old age/cardiac/ events. There is a connection factor JMO.

That makes sense!

Exactly...that's my neighborhood...don't think the crimes are related, but I'm seeing an up-tick in crimes all around me. I feel it's partly the time of year related when crimes seem to escalate and the fact that our police force is horribly short-staffed. The clerk at 7-11 on Forest/Marsh was killed a couple weeks ago in a robbery. Senseless.

And one or more could be related to whatever happened to Alan. Or it could just speak generally to the crime happening in that area at the moment. That’s why I think it’s not out of the question that he was just heading home after filling up at a different RT than usual due to a recent crime near that one, and he was the victim of a crime himself after leaving the RT. Yes, Inwood is busy, even at 6am, but it would still be dark and I bet there were lulls in traffic at that time. It’s definitely possible IMO.
I also think it’s possible he did turn off in that short stretch towards home to meet someone and something happened. At this point I can’t completely rule out anything! I’m so sad that he’s still missing.
I agree. Even if it was busy, it was dark. Maybe there was something caught on camera or that someone saw. Maybe it was not enough to lead them to a suspect yet. And maybe LE is keeping the info close so as not to tip anyone off. I lean towards random crime ( but where is he and why hide him) ? I rule nothing out, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon