Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are postulating a meet-up gone wrong, are you considering the timing of this meeting? Seems to me the universe of people (bad guys or good guys) willing to meet someone at 6am is extremely limited. That’s pretty much a no-crime time of day. Too early for thieves and shoplifters, too late for drunks and dealers. Not saying it can’t happen, just saying it’s very, very unlikely.

And I can’t imagine a killer who goes to the trouble of concealing a body leaving a clue like the car so close by. Surely the bad guy would want to put some real estate between Alan’s car and his remains.

The only thing that to me fits all we know is that Alan’s husband knew he was struggling somehow (mental health, physical health, financial, work-related, covid-related, whatever) and that’s why he raised the alarm so quickly. It would also explain the change to critically missing after a month or so and perhaps the dithering at the gas station. You know, Alan doesn’t have to have been texting anyone there. He could have been inputting an address he was headed to, checking the weather, moving money to someone else, maybe even saying a cryptic goodbye to loved ones. It’s just the thing that best fits all the facts as we know them.

Not picking on anyone in particular but it has been mentioned throughout this 7 month ordeal, that he could have been meeting someone for a “hookup”. This bothers me that people jump to this conclusion, I guess they do because he’s gay? He and his partner have been together for like 18 years or something like that and many many gay couples are in loving monogamous relationships. Maybe I’m naive but I don’t think “hooking up” played a role here nor do I think this was self harm. JMO MOO

ETA: corrected spelling

Not picking on anyone in particular but it has been mentioned throughout this 7 month ordeal, that he could have been meeting someone for a “hookup”. This bothers me that people jump to this conclusion, I guess they do because he’s gay? He and his partner have been together for like 18 years or something like that and many many gay couples are in loving monogamous relationships. Maybe I’m naive but I don’t think “hooking up” played a role here nor do I think this was self harm. JMO MOO

What I have learned from the many threads I have read and posted on, is that anything is possible, and what often appears to be....isn't.

That being said, my amateur opinion and speculation aligns with your thinking. And I agree with you that if AW wasn't gay, the speculation of a "hook up" wouldn't be so persistent.

While respectful and victim friendly speculation is what we do here, the persistent commentary or innuendo about a hook up seems disrespectful, and most especially since AW's remains were just found.

Anything is indeed possible, but I agree with you Stargazer, let us be caring and sensitive. If evidence comes out that supports the perception of an illicit engagement, then that is different. I have not heard anything that supports that speculation at this time.

Thank you for being an advocate for those who can no longer speak for themselves. We owe them respect and dignity in death.

Amateur opinion and speculation

No, your guess is incorrect (for some, anyway, myself included). The speculation is arrived at fairly and honestly, since loads of married couples, many married much longer than Alan, have stepped out on their spouses with someone else. It's sadly, all too common in our society.

Just wanted to offer a different perspective.

I will wait for the ME, but what if Alan’s location and the car are two separate scenarios? What if this was a suicide? What if an unlocked Porsche was discovered by someone, just sitting there-who knows, maybe with the motor running, no one in site? Someone comes across it, grabs it and takes it for a spin? Next thing you know, the news says that police are searching for a missing man driving said Porsche? Ditch that car before you are suspected of homicide.

I will wait for the ME, but what if Alan’s location and the car are two separate scenarios? What if this was a suicide? What if an unlocked Porsche was discovered by someone, just sitting there-who knows, maybe with the motor running, no one in site? Someone comes across it, grabs it and takes it for a spin? Next thing you know, the news says that police are searching for a missing man driving said Porsche? Ditch that car before you are suspected of homicide.

I hadn't thought of it that way at all but wow, it certainly could have happened just like that. If the keys were in the car and someone without any issues about stealing a nice car came along... well, it really makes sense. Especially ditching it after you heard it was THAT car that the missing guy was last seen in. Car theft is one thing, but being a suspect in a missing person's case is probably not something most car theives would be willing to deal with.

jmo

Mr. JosieMae had an interesting idea I had not thought of. Suppose, if this is indeed murder, the person was hiding in AW's back seat?

Note: I think this is unlikely, but bless DH for thinking of it.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but I don’t think he would have driven all the way back almost home if he was planning to then drive far south in Dallas after that. I also don’t think he would have parked the car where it was found to walk to where his body was found. Also the seats wouldn’t have been wet if he had. Therefore the self harm scenario doesn’t make sense to me.

Ok but when you say you mapped out his route and it looked like he was heading to Paul Quinn College but changed his mind, are you just guessing that route? I’m trying to figure out if there was actual route info that I missed.
We speculated a lot early on why he would go to that RT and not his usual one on Lemmon Ave. There had been a robbery at a 7 11 on Lemmon that morning, and we speculated that perhaps he was avoiding the area because of that. And maybe he was loyal to RT or had a card there or something,. But we know this was not his usual RT.

Yes, I've read thelastunicorn post (copied below).

The robbery happened at an Exxon 7-11. There are numerous other closer gas stations not on Lemmon and away from the 7-11. Note the poster admitting, "We don’t know why he took that route home."

Him picking this particular RaceTrac doesn't align with the reasons for why he would pick it. JMHO.

thelastunicorn said:
Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

Last edited:
Self harm does not sit right with me either. I dunno, but if Alan was considering suicide, I would think he would have wanted to do that in an area he loved, or was familiar with, rather than in an apparent seedier area of town. One never knows of course, but that's my feeling especially for a rather refined guy.

I come back to the fact that he was flipping houses, maybe bought couple under foreclosure, and that someone may have had a grudge, wanted revenge. Long shot maybe....I dunno.

Yes, I've read thelastunicorn post (copied below).

The robbery happened at an Exxon 7-11. There are numerous other closer gas stations not on Lemmon and away from the 7-11. Note the poster admitting, "We don’t know why he took that route home."

Him picking this particular RaceTrac doesn't align with the reasons for why he would pick it. JMHO.

thelastunicorn said:
Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.
Thanks for bringing thelastunicorn’s post forward. It’s interesting to read it now to see what they were immediately thinking. They definitely thought he wasn’t going anywhere else but to get gas after the gym.

Also mentioning the phone makes me wonder if the phone was found with Alan. Someone else also brought this up the other day, but this post reminded me. They were thinking the SIM card might have been taken out. I wonder now if this was the case.

Self harm does not sit right with me either. I dunno, but if Alan was considering suicide, I would think he would have wanted to do that in an area he loved, or was familiar with, rather than in an apparent seedier area of town. One never knows of course, but that's my feeling especially for a rather refined guy.

I come back to the fact that he was flipping houses, maybe bought couple under foreclosure, and that someone may have had a grudge, wanted revenge. Long shot maybe....I dunno.
Yeah, where the car was found also gives me pause when considering whether he may have put it there himself. It was a kind of hidden lot known for stolen cars and criminal goings on in a sketchy area. He could have known about it, I guess, but it seems more likely to me that someone involved in those things put the car there. MOO

“As we had hoped Alan was still alive, the finding of his remains obviously will now help our family with some closure,” Alan’s brother Tim White told Dateline on Sunday. “Finding his remains will also help the Dallas PD with the ongoing investigation as to what happened to him.”

[...]

“My brother was a good man, with no known enemies; this is why this is so baffling to us,” Alan’s brother told Dateline on Sunday. “But alas, someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD.”

The investigation remains active and ongoing, and the Homicide Unit is asking for anyone with information regarding Alan’s case to contact Detective Eric Barnes at (214) 283-4818 or eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Please reference case number 188623-2020.

Crime Stoppers is offering a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to the arrest, while a private fund is offering an additional $10,000. Call Crime Stoppers at (214)373-TIPS.

james_alan_white_cropped-2.jpg

Human remains discovered near college campus in Dallas identified as missing businessman Alan White

This is the first self-harm scenario I've seen proposed that makes any sense. Also, if that was indeed his reason for stopping near the college, I doubt he would have cared what happened next to a car that wasn't his and leaving the keys with it could have happened. That said, I still think some type of robbery is far more likely MOO.

“As we had hoped Alan was still alive, the finding of his remains obviously will now help our family with some closure,” Alan’s brother Tim White told Dateline on Sunday. “Finding his remains will also help the Dallas PD with the ongoing investigation as to what happened to him.”

[...]

“My brother was a good man, with no known enemies; this is why this is so baffling to us,” Alan’s brother told Dateline on Sunday. “But alas, someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD.”

The investigation remains active and ongoing, and the Homicide Unit is asking for anyone with information regarding Alan’s case to contact Detective Eric Barnes at (214) 283-4818 or eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Please reference case number 188623-2020.

Crime Stoppers is offering a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to the arrest, while a private fund is offering an additional $10,000. Call Crime Stoppers at (214)373-TIPS.

View attachment 297426

Human remains discovered near college campus in Dallas identified as missing businessman Alan White
This phrasing -- " ... anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD" (bbm) -- certainly indicates that they think he wasn't killed where he was found. JMO.

Yes, this would fit with what I stated earlier. His behavior that morning was not 'normal' (for him) - a creature of habit, someone who has a morning routine.He initially went south then headed back up to get gas at a station in the direction of going home. While getting gas, he changed his mind and went back down south again towards the college.

So regarding the spouse raising the alarm on the 7 AM call.

Both my partner and I WFH in data/analytics/tech jobs. I could see this playing out of my SO saying “I have a 7 AM with Company VP and Ops Manager tomorrow. Gotta go to the gym earlier than normal. Huge project coming on cloud computing”

if my partner was not home for that 7 AM meeting I would be FRANTIC. If they didn’t answer their phone, I’d be driving the route— not just because I spend too much time here, but for one of us to miss a meeting there has to be something seriously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95