Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hold-up ending in death seems like the most likely scenario to me. He probably didn't have much cash with him. The car was all they could get, but that was too risky to keep. JMO.
Sure is strange.

It's difficult (not impossible) to carjack someone in a locked, moving car. A poster from above outlines a pretty simple route where someone would dump a body, then a car a little farther down the same route. If you stole a car you wouldn't know the case was going to be hot right away. Why not take the car for some rides and then burn it? It doesn't make sense that they dropped the body and then dropped the car right away; why did they steal it in the first place if not to use it or sell it? Why come back to the place where you could get caught for car theft and murder after you knew everybody was looking? I think they must have dropped the car and the body at the same time, but that doesn't make sense either.

There was a case in Ohio last year where a man got in the car, drove for a couple hours to a park, checked into a hotel, went grocery shopping, then walked into a nearby woods and shot himself. All of it completely out of the blue to his family. You just never know with people, this one is not clear-cut for me.

There could have been anything going on in this man's life.

Sure is strange.

It's difficult (not impossible) to carjack someone in a locked, moving car. A poster from above outlines a pretty simple route where someone would dump a body, then a car a little farther down the same route. If you stole a car you wouldn't know the case was going to be hot right away. Why not take the car for some rides and then burn it? It doesn't make sense that they dropped the body and then dropped the car right away; why did they steal it in the first place if not to use it or sell it? Why come back to the place where you could get caught for car theft and murder after you knew everybody was looking? I think they must have dropped the car and the body at the same time, but that doesn't make sense either.

There was a case in Ohio last year where a man got in the car, drove for a couple hours to a park, checked into a hotel, went grocery shopping, then walked into a nearby woods and shot himself. All of it completely out of the blue to his family. You just never know with people, this one is not clear-cut for me.

Whoever did it could have been high/not thinking clearly. No real plan. Intent was to get cash. Doesn't make sense but that could be outcome if person was half crazed. JMO.

If someone he knew is responsible for his death, it seems likely that would be discovered through phone calls or texts messages. Maybe someone was texting with him and this prompted him to pull into Church's, allowing him a safe spot to quickly read or send a message. If he had arranged to meet someone, even a random person, it could be traced through his phone.

Note the amount of traffic behind him in this video. This is a busy area and the station is well lit. He got in his car safely after leaving RT, which is 1.5 miles from his home.

The problem happened when he stopped next door at Church's ... and he went there with the intention of doing something .. What did he do there? And whom did he meet?

church’s is where the homeless encampment is located. I’ve seen it and it’s a disturbing scene.

Last edited:
It’s still a mystery as to why he went to that particular RT in the first place.
Though there is no way to know for sure, the RT on Maple and Inwood can be seen as being "On a road 'tween two worlds".

Ok, the faux mysticism aside, that gas station is on the border of some very sketchy, even dangerous areas further south on Maple and the steadily gentrifying sections of Inwood.

As it is "On the Border", the gas station could serve as a convenient meeting spot for illicit purchases if the seller lives or hangs out further south on Maple and the buyer is from the gentrifying world. The RT is close to Maple and thus convenient for the seller, but is not so gritty or so far from the gentrified world that a customer would refuse the meeting.

Then factor in that the safer gentrified areas on Inwood have more police in the form of both Dallas PD and Hospital Police that are further supplemented by private security patrols. As a result, though some buyers may prefer to meet in a gentrified stretch of Inwood, the increased patrols could be worrying for both vendors and customers.

Last edited:
Why not take the car for some rides and then burn it? It doesn't make sense that they dropped the body and then dropped the car right away; why did they steal it in the first place if not to use it or sell it?

I am thinking the fact that the car was high end and dealership owned led the criminals to believe that the car could easily be tracked. Though a forum member who worked at a dealership related that dealers dont engage tracking systems on loaners, criminals may presume they do.

As a result, fearing tracking, the perpetrator(s) abandoned the car on their own accord. Or, they took it to a 'fence" who noted that it was dealership owned, and fearing tracking, refused to purchase it. The fence then advises the perpetrator(s) to abandon the car.

I am leaning in no direction, just tossing out theories while we wait for the ME. Alan was a property flipper, probably many people to p*ss off during the buying, rehabbing, and selling. He could have had a dispute with anyone involved in that-some trades do get up very early in the morning. Maybe someone lured him into a location to take a look at a potential flip, and he thought he could do a quick look and meet with someone for a minute to discuss.

Sure is strange.

Makes me wonder who would benefit from his demise? 2 scenarios come to mind; 1. spouse 2. employer ( yes corporations carry sometimes very large policies on their employees)

I am thinking the fact that the car was high end and dealership owned led the criminals to believe that the car could easily be tracked. Though a forum member who worked at a dealership related that dealers dont engage tracking systems on loaners, criminals may presume they do.

If you know it, criminals know it. That's their bread and butter we're talking about here :)

Now, I'm not bringing anything helpful to the table --
  • I dismiss the notion of a sexual encounter simply because it would be way too far of a drive just for a quicky.
  • I admit that suicide in that very spot is odd - it's neither remarkable nor beautiful, and the neighbourhood looks sketchy. That said, bear in mind that someone about to take his own life is not thinking clearly.
  • As for perpetrators dumping the body.. would you really pick that spot? Just 10-20 minutes south there's a desolate area called "Ten Miles Creek / Lancaster" - wouldn't that be a safe bet?

Sure is strange.

do you remember the traveling salesman who tied a bunch of helium balloons to a gun, walked out into the desert, and shot himself thinking the balloons would carry the gun far away and it would look like a murder, this way the wife could collect on his life insurance? The balloons got caught in some cactus and burst so the cops figured this one out quickly and his poor wife was left with no insurance money.

Could have been from a burner phone that can't be traced.

I've thought a lot about this last text. Perhaps Alan did not plan to meet someone when he left the house and went to the gym, but someone texted while he was at the gas station and for reasons unknown he made an impromptu decision to meet quickly. Could have been for anything innocuous - a colleague says hey I have that file you need, a friend says I have tickets for you. <modsnip>. All MOO.

Ps I still think it's likely this was a random carjacking and the perp tried to hide the body on the fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
My speculation is that it was just the opposite - a planned professional hit.
Any ideas as to who it may have been that wanted Mr. White dead? The spouse can certainly be ruled out, because as he himself pointed out he was in a panic when Mr. White was late returning home that morn.

Last edited:
I don't know of any reason whatsoever to think that Paul Quinn College or anyone affiliated with it has anything to do with Mr. White's disappearance and death.

Because his body was found near there?

Because his car was found near there?

Because if someone saw them walking around before or after the crime, they’d have a reason to be there?

Because if they had parked a vehicle there, it wouldn’t raise suspicion? Whoever did this left the scene...somehow. It’s someone that knew the area and picked it for a reason.

It’s one of many possibilities, and a trap that I would definitely run.

moo.

If you know it, criminals know it. That's their bread and butter we're talking about here :)
I am not so sure. Consider that honest bread and butter earners can range from marginal to masterful in professional competency.

As a result, I am thinking that not all car jack crew are aware of the tracing exists, but dealers don't turn it on principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member