Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also noticed that in his family pictures (on facebook), they are taken without Rusty in them. Rusty is usually taken with AW and his mom - not with the other family members. I know a few gay friends who grew up deeply depressed because of their religious upbringing - even after decades removed from their family. "Love the sinner but not the sin." The mom is usually the one that breaks away from the group think but not the cousins and other family members.

Perhaps his depression got the best of him? Especially during the pandemic.
I haven't heard anything indicating that AW was depressed.

Because his body was found near there?

Because his car was found near there?

Because if someone saw them walking around before or after the crime, they’d have a reason to be there?

Because if they had parked a vehicle there, it wouldn’t raise suspicion? Whoever did this left the scene...somehow. It’s someone that knew the area and picked it for a reason.

It’s one of many possibilities, and a trap that I would definitely run.

moo.
Well, there is a post office nearby too...

1. Proceeded to head to the college after LA Fitness but looped back up to RT
Still so curious why you’re saying this. We don’t know his route to the RT, do we? If I lived where he did and routinely went to the gym at Citiplace, I would just take Lemmon back and forth. However we know there was a robbery that morning on Lemmon so perhaps he hopped on the highway through mixmaster & looped around north that way to avoid traffic on Lemmon & side streets. I grew up in that exact area & that makes sense to me.

To say he was heading to college in South Dallas but changed his mind is a stretch IMO.

We have no idea what his route was to the RT though, do we?

Whoever did it could have been high/not thinking clearly. No real plan. Intent was to get cash. Doesn't make sense but that could be outcome if person was half crazed. JMO.

I agree.
What type of person is usually out and about at 5;30-6;00 in the morning? The only people I can think of would be druggies and working folks.

A druggie prob went to rob him, like mentioned above, flipped out and killed.
He may have been coming down from some drugs and needed $$ for another hit.

I’ll be really surprised if anyone from PQC has anything to do with this or even that it was a destination for anyone involved. Alan himself or a perp. That is a tiny college and not well known in North Dallas. (Although looking at their website, I am very impressed.) I think his body and car being “dumped” nearby is a coincidence. I think the Kitty lot known for criminal activity was the destination whether a perp murdered him and dumped the car there or Alan parked it there himself.

I agree.
What type of person is usually out and about at 5;30-6;00 in the morning? The only people I can think of would be druggies and working folks.

A druggie prob went to rob him, like mentioned above, flipped out and killed.
He may have been coming down from some drugs and needed $$ for another hit.
Agree. 6:00am may be early for most people, but it can be really late night for druggies up tweaking all night. From the beginning I’ve wondered if there were perps from the Kitty St. S. Dallas area who took DART to that area and carjacked or tried to rob Alan before they were headed home. Didn’t go as planned and Alan and car were dumped and perps are just laying low in the area.

Perhaps Alan did not plan to meet someone when he left the house and went to the gym, but someone texted while he was at the gas station and for reasons unknown he made an impromptu decision to meet quickly.

Ps I still think it's likely this was a random carjacking and the perp tried to hide the body on the fly.

I think your stated first possibility is more likely (impulsive meeting goes bad) than random car jacking goes bad.

Most impulsive criminals of the violent persuasion are asleep at 0600. Likewise, though there can be aggressive homeless camped out at the as station and the immediate vicinity, they are usually only dangerous to other homeless and unlikely to have guns to facilitate a car jacking.

If Alan White were to fall victim to impulsive car jackers, I am thinking the setting would have been a high end eatery with associated number of high end cars

The likely scenario could be: Impulsive car jackers arrive at target rich site at 8:30 pm- dinner time and also evening with less light. They approach Alan and make a series of garbled commands. The victim hesitates and is murdered by the clumsy car jackers who then flee without the car.

Still so curious why you’re saying this. We don’t know his route to the RT, do we? If I lived where he did and routinely went to the gym at Citiplace, I would just take Lemmon back and forth. However we know there was a robbery that morning on Lemmon so perhaps he hopped on the highway through mixmaster & looped around north that way to avoid traffic on Lemmon & side streets. I grew up in that exact area & that makes sense to me.

To say he was heading to college in South Dallas but changed his mind is a stretch IMO.

We have no idea what his route was to the RT though, do we?

It's MOO. No one knows the route to the RT.

I wouldn't avoid a route where a crime was committed 5 hours ago. If anything it's a safer route at the time, with more police presence. It happened in the store, and the clerk was shot twice in the arm and was ok after a hospital visit. They taped off the 7-11 but not the street. This would not be a cause to 'avoid traffic' IMO.

It's strange that they were unable to locate his vehicle or phone, with the technology so widely available ... especially to people who can afford newer phones and vehicles.

The unusual route .. the odd behavior at the gas station ... no way to track his car or phone. It's hard to imagine all these events happening within hours of each other from someone who has his daily routines and activities written out.

What about events leading up to his arrival at the gym? His husband said Alan left home around 4: 20AM, per the usual routine. But Alan didn't check into the gym until 5AM. Does it take 40 minutes to drive from their home to LA Fitness? Could something have happened on his way to the gym....or did someone contact him or approach him at the gym and ask to meet him at an undisclosed location in 30 or so minutes?

Alan checked out of gym at 5:38. So he was there for a total of 38 minutes from check-in to check-out. That might leave about 30 minutes or so to work out.

The fact he got gas from an unusual place, that he lingered around the gas station, that he drove through the parking lot of a dark and unopened business....these make it seem like he was reluctant to go straight home. Perhaps he dreaded the conference call.

We know he received a text message at 6:30. This was the last recorded activity on his phone. That message, of course, could have been from Rusty.

What I would like to know: Where did the cell phone ping after Alan left RT? And where did it ping last?

I wouldn't avoid a route where a crime was committed 5 hours ago. If anything it's a safer route at the time, with more police presence. It happened in the store, and the clerk was shot twice in the arm and was ok after a hospital visit. They taped off the 7-11 but not the street. This would not be a cause to 'avoid traffic' IMO.

It's strange that they were unable to locate his vehicle or phone, with the technology so widely available ... especially to people who can afford newer phones and vehicles.

The unusual route .. the odd behavior at the gas station ... no way to track his car or phone. It's hard to imagine all these events happening within hours of each other from someone who has his daily routines and activities written out.
Ok thanks. I wasn’t sure if I missed something about his route.
I agree he probably didn’t know about the robbery before driving home. He could have passed by it and saw it was taped off. Who knows.
I also think something was up with him at the gas station. I just don’t know what.

The fact he got gas from an unusual place, that he lingered around the gas station, that he drove through the parking lot of a dark and unopened business....these make it seem like he was reluctant to go straight home. Perhaps he dreaded the conference call.
I hadn’t thought of this! I wonder what the call/meeting was about.

New here, so forgive me if I unknowingly break any rules. Help me out to learn when I might inadvertently step on any toes.

I'm a former resident of Dallas, but I don't live in the Metroplex anymore.

1. I've seen questions as to why he worked out at the gym on Haskell rather than one closer to his house.

KPMG is located downtown on Ross Avenue. Pre-pandemic, he probably worked in the physical office.

LA Fitness on Haskell is between his house on Lexington and KPMG. Commuting into downtown in the morning can be a nightmare. At the least, you can count on heavy traffic every day. Likely to encounter less delay than if he was making the direct trip from closer to his home.

I lived in East Dallas area and worked downtown. I had creative ways to mostly avoid the inevitable daily traffic snarls and delays. (My routes always took me past the La Madeline on Lemmon Avenue. Love their coffee and can't resist the pastries.)

Just guessing on my part.

2. I doubt anyone from Paul Quinn has any responsibility. It isn't so much of an integral part of that neighborhood as the regular (and some transient) residents.

3. The neighborhood where his car and his body were found is Highland Hills. Definitely not among the safer places to be in the Dallas area.

Google searches for "Highland Hills" (Dallas/Oak Cliff, not the Mesquite neighborhood) give a considerable amount of info that informs about the nature of the immediate area.

One of the many problematic issues facing Highland Hills is homelessness, including many young adults (especially males) who are from there.

4. It's hard for me to believe that Alan White had any knowledge of the area, much less any familiarity with it. Thus, my opinion is that his presence there was not for the purpose of self harm.

5. "If you ain't from here, don't come here."

6. I'm leaning towards a carjacking gone bad that originated close to the RaceTrac. Possibly by someone who is from the Highland Hills area. Particularly one of the younger homeless guys, but that may very well be bias on my part.

Tragic loss for his loved ones.

I don't think we know that for certain.
We just know that no information was released or even discussed by family or LE about when and where the phone pinged. It's possible the ping information stopped or coincided with the vehicle discovery location but wasn't available until after the car was found.
And we know the car was a dealer loaner, and that dealers may not pay the monthly fee to activate the vehicle tracking. So we assume that the car wasn't tracked due to the delay in finding it.

Just a quick note about the gym - once you find one you like, you might keep going to that gym even if it becomes inconvenient (a subsequent move, for example). It’s not even brand loyalty - a chain gym in one location may have a different vibe than another. JMO.

I think your stated first possibility is more likely (impulsive meeting goes bad) than random car jacking goes bad.

Most impulsive criminals of the violent persuasion are asleep at 0600. Likewise, though there can be aggressive homeless camped out at the as station and the immediate vicinity, they are usually only dangerous to other homeless and unlikely to have guns to facilitate a car jacking.

If Alan White were to fall victim to impulsive car jackers, I am thinking the setting would have been a high end eatery with associated number of high end cars

The likely scenario could be: Impulsive car jackers arrive at target rich site at 8:30 pm- dinner time and also evening with less light. They approach Alan and make a series of garbled commands. The victim hesitates and is murdered by the clumsy car jackers who then flee without the car.
Untrue. I know a man who was robbed in broad daylight by one of the homeless there after he pumped gas and went inside to pay. His possessions were stolen from the bed of his truck.

It's interesting that Alan and Rusty had got a loan/refinance Sept 2020 for over a million. Is this the same home Rusty sold Jan/Feb 2021? and bought a condo? They hired a lot of contractors for remodeling and the like. Did they own rentals? Could they have had a disgruntled tenant? Disgruntled contractor?
I could spend hours going through these deeds.

Also, Rusty stated he and Alan left for their respective gyms at 4:40am not 4:20am Human remains discovered near college campus in Dallas identified as missing businessman Alan White

Any ideas as to who it may have been that wanted Mr. White dead? The spouse can certainly be ruled out, because as he himself pointed out he was in a panic when Mr. White was late returning home that morn.

No ideas at all, as we have so little information. If the COD is a gunshot to the back of the head, I'll be even more convinced. (Sorry for the graphic language - this is heartbreaking to write.)

The 2 motives for a planned hit would be either 1) personal or 2) professional. I'm curious about the agenda for the meeting that AW missed.

I find AW's husband's early alarm interesting. Not that I think he's involved (I don't), but because perhaps something worrisome was going on. A grievance against AW of some sort.

With the reward $ in place, maybe someone will talk. Earlier MSM reports stated that the family has hired a private investigator, so maybe that will lead somewhere.

We'll know more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member