Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Tiger Woods crashed his loaner SUV? LE got a warrant to access the 'black box' in the vehicle. Detectives look at SUV's 'black box' from Tiger Woods crash
Did you know that your vehicle too has a 'black box', an 'event data recorder' in it? What exactly these devices record is hard to learn about. It is sort of a big secret. Just technical data? Or is there more than that being recorded? Your Vehicle Black Box: A 'Witness' Against You In Court
So too the Macan Mr. White was driving had a black box. Did LE secure it and pull data from it? What did they learn? Hint: there won't be talk about this - it is sort of a big secret... Shhhhh!

Last edited:
True. But we go back to the fact that he left RT in a locked vehicle full of gas. I noted that the windows were rolled up after he drove off. It would be tough for a professional to carjack someone in this situation.
Something happened after he safely left RT in a locked moving vehicle, 1.5 miles from home.
Mr. White may have exited the vehicle and encountered someone with ill intent.
Mr. White may have permitted someone with ill intent into the vehicle.

Remember when Tiger Woods crashed his loaner SUV? LE got a warrant to access the 'black box' in the vehicle. Detectives look at SUV's 'black box' from Tiger Woods crash
Did you know that your vehicle too has a 'black box', an 'event data recorder' in it? What exactly these devices record is hard to learn about. It is sort of a big secret. Just technical data? Or is there more than that being recorded? Your Vehicle Black Box: A 'Witness' Against You In Court
So too the Macan Mr. White was driving had a black box. Did LE secure it and pull data from it? What did they learn? Hint: there won't be talk about this - it is sort of a big secret... Shhhhh!
So LE should know exactly where his loaner car went after it left the Church’s parking lot and before the Lemmon/Inwood intersection where he never showed up.

So LE should know exactly where his loaner car went after it left the Church’s parking lot and before the Lemmon/Inwood intersection where he never showed up.
Well, that is debatable. The powers that be not only don't really want you to be aware of the 'event data recorder' chip in your ride, they don't want you to know just what it records...

Actions before a suicide sometimes make no sense. My BIL completed suicide in December 2019. On the day that he did it, he had a root canal and paid for it in full. That makes no sense to me at all!
Some people like to leave this life having had their little 'loose ends' all tied up.
Stuff like having the dirty dishes done, or shining their shoes or taking the trash out.

True. But we go back to the fact that he left RT in a locked vehicle full of gas. I noted that the windows were rolled up after he drove off. It would be tough for a professional to carjack someone in this situation.
Something happened after he safely left RT in a locked moving vehicle, 1.5 miles from home.

I agree that a car jacking is not likely to have occurred at the RT. In regards to a car jack scenario, I could see the following:

1. The victim is informed that the location of a meeting has been changed to a nearby, but more discreet location. A car jacking by a dangerously amateur crew then escalates into kidnapping with the intent of ATM withdrawals.

2. A possibility related by Rose Of Angels: Aggressive muscle heads from the gym- maybe mixing 'roids and weights take a dislike to Alan. They then follow him home. Perhaps they know he is affluent, and want to explore burglarizing him home, or even a home invasion robbery. Impulsively, however, the plans change to an amateur car jacking . Alan is flagged down and stops as he recognizes them. The crime then escalates erratically.

3. Similar to the above, a roving gang of impulsive amateurs notes the high end car, and initiates a badly conceived car jacking. The victim is stopped by being bumped from behind. The crime then goes from bad to worse.

I have to say.... NONE of the prevailing theories make sense to me:

1. Meetup gone wrong
<modsnip>
+ I guess a purchase meetup is possible, but I would imagine that Alan’s husband would be aware of this (if FB marketplace, craigslist item, <modsnip>) and so that seems less likely
+ I can think of other explanations for Alan’s “lingering” at the RT. My favorite is another poster’s suggestion that Alan stopped at one pump, which was out of order, moved his car forward, and went in the RT to let the cashier know the pump was not working. The video made the seem plausible at least

2. Self-harm
+ Timing and location don’t seem to fit
+ Given the photos I have seen of the homes that Alan and his husband owned/renovated, AND his gym habits, Alan strikes me as someone who cares about aesthetics and beauty in the world. I don’t see him picking that location as his last
+ No indications of previous mental illness, family or financial trouble
+ Family seems adamant this is not a case of self-harm (of course so does the family of Saniyya Dennis, when LE seems fairly certain otherwise)

3. Carjacking gone wrong
+ Again, 6am doesn’t seem like a “target rich” time of day for a carjacker
+ Car found, intact

I’m also not particularly keen on other theories such as:
+ The husband did it (all indications suggest a happy marriage)
+ Professional hit (why?)
+ Road rage / guy he made angry in the past, etc (what evidence?)

I hope the examination of Alan’s remains provide some clues. What a sad case

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:
WS is a victim friendly platform. Speculative theories involving drug use are not allowed without MSM or LE statements to substantiate this type of speculation.

As speculation and theories are discussed, please consider how your words or speculation could impact the family, or victims memory, if they are unfounded in fact and negative in nature.
I'm guilty of doing this and apologize for doing so.
Even if it's not speculative theories involving drug use, we should all show compassion for the victim and their family members.
Thanks for the reminder.

Well, that is debatable. The powers that be not only don't really want you to be aware of the 'event data recorder' chip in your ride, they don't want you to know just what it records...
I think the dealers just play the odds and it works out well for them. Engaged tracking systems may turn off privacy minding customers.

Meanwhile..... nobody gets a loaner Porsche unless they dropped off a Porsche for repair. As the customer can afford such a car, it is unlikely he is going to steal one. If a customer drops off a Porsche but gives the service manager bad vibes, the loaner Porsche can suddenly become uhmmm..... "unavailable".

Mr. Sketchy or the wayward prep school teenager then gets a loaner Honda. Yes, of course, he can have the Porsche loaner when it become available- but his car will be coincidently repaired by then.

Last edited:
Which is counter-intuitive, because if life itself ain't worth living, why would life's little loose ends matter...
There is a well followed case here on WS of the "Christmas Tree Lady" who committed suicide in the Annandale cemetery. She put a plastic sheet down and even left money for cremation.

Just something buttoned up people do....even when they are exiting.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Welcome! And great first post!

I also grew up & lived in East Dallas/Lakewood, but I no longer live there. Everything you said is spot on, and I also have a hard time believing Alan would have any knowledge of the Highland Hills/S. Dallas area. That’s my biggest obstacle in thinking suicide. I suppose if he wanted to make it look like a carjacking he could have googled “Dallas stolen cars” or something, but that’s the only thing that would make it make sense. I can’t get Kitty St. to come up no matter what I Google about Dallas auto theft. The lot his car was found in was pretty hidden and you wouldn’t just accidentally find it.

Your #6 has been my most likely theory all along, but nothing can be ruled out I guess!
#6 was my thought too and the perps most likely live around that area

cops are pretty good about leaning hard on the locals especially the ones with pending cases, they may get someone to roll over on his buddies for a deal. This is my guess how it will be solved it just may take a while to get there. My condolences to the family

Since the car was found in fine shape and the doors were locked, I am not leaning towards car jacking.
Family pleads with community to help find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com

With a niece in town and plans to look at venues the following day, I would find it odd he would choose to disappear at that time on his own accord.
He had a niece visiting from out of town and had plans to help her look at wedding venues the next day.
Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

There seems to be something the general public isn’t aware of just yet IMO:
A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him.
Dallas police upgrade search for 'endangered' missing executive

ALL JMO

Last edited:
Snipped and BBM for focused response:
"...his behavior after leaving the gym and while filling up the vehicle with gas, seem to indicate that something was off and not routine...."
How would you know what is routine for him?

"....Routine would have been > go to the gym > get gas > go home > attend 7 am meeting.
Or, go to the gym > detour to take longer route home / get gas later > go home > attend 7 am meeting...."

Perhaps given his calendar that day, he knew he wouldn't have time to get gas later.

"...He was up to something outside his routine.
How do you know what his routine was, and whether this was outside of it or not?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members