Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know what his routine was, and whether this was outside of it or not?

Amateur opinion and speculation
Old and new articles are aligned in reporting that "they both left home around 4:40 a.m. to head to their respective gyms as part of their morning routine."

“I got home at 6:15. He wasn’t home, so I didn’t think much about it; 6:30 rolls around, I start to get a little worried; 6:45 rolls around, and I start to get a little panicky because I knew he had a 7 o’clock conference call that he had to be home for,” Rusty explained. “When he wasn’t here at 7, I started to go look.”

A verified family member posted, "We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off."

I don't agree with the family member's reasoning because the robbery took place at 12:45 am (5 hours before he left the gym) and even though shots were fired, no one was killed. The 7-11 was taped off but not the road. The gas station at the 7-11 was an Exxon; not RT. And there are many other gas stations more conveniently located than the RT to which he ended up going. As a matter of fact there's a Exxon / 7-11 right down the street on the intersection of Inwood and 35E.

So everything was routine until he left the gym.

Last edited:
From post #4 in the media and timeline thread...
It appears his LinkedIn has been removed. I wonder why that profile may have been removed but his personal social media is still up o_O
TX - Alan White, 55, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 -MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**

With the sad confirmation of Alan’s death, I would guess that the professional networking that is the mainstay of LinkedIn is not a consideration any longer. But his social media may stay as a place to memorialize and honor him. I believe FB has a feature for doing that. Just my thought.....

Snipped and BBM for focused response:
"...his behavior after leaving the gym and while filling up the vehicle with gas, seem to indicate that something was off and not routine...."
How would you know what is routine for him?

"....Routine would have been > go to the gym > get gas > go home > attend 7 am meeting.
Or, go to the gym > detour to take longer route home / get gas later > go home > attend 7 am meeting...."

Perhaps given his calendar that day, he knew he wouldn't have time to get gas later.

"...He was up to something outside his routine.
How do you know what his routine was, and whether this was outside of it or not?

Amateur opinion and speculation
Old and new articles are aligned in reporting that "they both left home around 4:40 a.m. to head to their respective gyms as part of their morning routine."

“I got home at 6:15. He wasn’t home, so I didn’t think much about it; 6:30 rolls around, I start to get a little worried; 6:45 rolls around, and I start to get a little panicky because I knew he had a 7 o’clock conference call that he had to be home for,” Rusty explained. “When he wasn’t here at 7, I started to go look.”

A verified family member posted, "We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off."

I don't agree with the family member's reasoning because the robbery took place at 12:45 am (5 hours before he left the gym) and even though shots were fired, no one was killed. The 7-11 was taped off but not the road. The gas station at the 7-11 was an Exxon; not RT. And there are many other gas stations more conveniently located than the RT to which he ended up going. As a matter of fact there's a Exxon / 7-11 right down the street on the intersection of Inwood and 35E.

ok! Logical thinking

Locked car with full tank of gas less than 2 miles from home......

I think he opened his window to talk to someone and entered the PERPS vehicle....maybe by force or voluntarily. Since the window was left left open, that's how seat got wet ..from the next rainfall. His vehicle was left where it was found and that was the last time Alan was in it.

It could have been a planned meet up for whatever reason or a random person motioning him to roll down his window ( ex. Panhandlers or someone with car trouble, etc).

My opinion only.

Locked car with full tank of gas less than 2 miles from home......

I think he opened his window to talk to someone and entered the PERPS vehicle....maybe by force or voluntarily. Since the window was left left open, that's how seat got wet ..from the next rainfall. His vehicle was left where it was found and that was the last time Alan was in it.

It could have been a planned meet up for whatever reason or a random person motioning him to roll down his window ( ex. Panhandlers or someone with car trouble, etc).

My opinion only.

Do you have an article link for the seat being wet and window open? Thanks

Mod Request:
Crowdsourcing Call!
Can a member please find a link for the alleged wet seats and window down and post it as a reply to this post?

Last edited:
Ah, I didn’t know this. I wonder if AW’s phone data revealed he was meeting a new seller that day. The lingering could be confusion/double-checking something about the transaction with a new seller. (Again, zero judgment from me). That kind of info could be the reason for family’s silence, IMO.
True. But we go back to the fact that he left RT in a locked vehicle full of gas. I noted that the windows were rolled up after he drove off. It would be tough for a professional to carjack someone in this situation.
Something happened after he safely left RT in a locked moving vehicle, 1.5 miles from home.
I don’t believe the police confirmed no one else entered the car after passing through the homeless encampment between RT and church’s or exactly what transpired there. They may be intentionally leaving gaps in the full story for investigative purposes.

Last edited:
Mod Request:
Crowdsourcing Call!
Can a member please find a link for the wet seats and window down and post it as a reply to this post?

Not good at sourcing, but it was Alan’s niece who said the seats were wet and tires muddy. It was later posted in the thread that detectives had denied this and said the car was clean.

Mod Request:
Crowdsourcing Call!
Can a member please find a link for the alleged wet seats and window down and post it as a reply to this post?

This is the source of the seats of the rental being wet when it was located. From verified family member @thelastunicorn

"I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing."

TX - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

This is the source of the seats of the rental being wet when it was located. From verified family member @thelastunicorn

"I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing."

TX - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Thank You @Ontario Mom

Video: Missing Dallas man seen getting gas the morning he disappeared | wfaa.com

According to family, extended video shows him driving north after getting gas, not south toward the highway.
Right. He headed north towards Church's. What he did after Church's is unknown.

I hope they closely reviewed the RT video recording for at least the next 4-6 hours, in case he made a u-turn and headed back to 35E.

Same with the CVS camera on Lemmon and any in between. It is strange that no footage was found after he left Church's.

I haven't seen the Church's video but it was claimed that a "researcher with exclusive access to video surveillance" reported this event.

Last edited:

[Snipped, bolded by me]

Have they said that he normally gets gas at Exxon and at that 7-Eleven off Lemmon? The impression I got (in the context of the question) was that he normally got gas at RT and it was the RT @ Lemmon might have been blocked if Lemmon was still closed off.

edit: I reread the post and it seems like that Oak Lawn 7-Eleven (off Lemmon) was very specifically the gas station he would have gone to, but there had been a robbery a few hours earlier.

While the road may not have been blocked, would they have reopened the 7-Eleven or the gas station that quickly?

But I do agree that there are other, closer gas stations he could have gone to instead of the Inwood RT.

Last edited:
Updated info at about 17:16. It's very helpful to see the locations on Google Earth, and interesting that Alan was not as close to his car as I imagined.

Thanks for posting this. It DOES help to see the Google Earth view. I wonder if there was anything that indicated a slight bump to the rear or front of the car? I know maybe that’s not very likely, but I’m throwing it out there. We hear of people pulling over for that and the person tapped their car for nefarious purposes. The fact that the area is well populated, you’d think someone would notice something. Not likely the scenario, but just putting it out there. We had a dude with road rage follow us, and pull a gun while driving, so we took off doing some crazy driving to not be an easy target and trying to get away from him. We figured we’d rather be pulled over by cops than shot. Could anything like that have happened? Not likely, but again, just a thought. This one really stumps me. Also, there’s always the chance that it’s a stalker who he didn’t know at all or not very well. I would think his husband would tell anything like that IF it was known. Likely, probably not, again just throwing it out there. I’m in stalker mode dealing with my own, so I always think of this. I’m really stumped at this one.
ALL JMO

<modsnip>
More than likely there was something going on with Alan. I think about the fact that his husband starts worrying at 6:30 and panicking at 6:45 and driving to search for him at 7. That isn’t normal. There was something with Alan that had his husband hyper-aware of where Alan was supposed to be, down to the minute. So my gut tells me there was something in Alan’s recent behavior/habits that had given his loved one a reason to be concerned if he went off schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member