Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Untrue. I know a man who was robbed in broad daylight by one of the homeless there after he pumped gas and went inside to pay. His possessions were stolen from the bed of his truck.
Here's a link that has a compilation of Dallas carjacking incidences. Pretty scary stuff.
carjacking

Amateur opinion and speculation

It's interesting that Alan and Rusty had got a loan/refinance Sept 2020 for over a million. Is this the same home Rusty sold Jan/Feb 2021? and bought a condo? They hired a lot of contractors for remodeling and the like. Did they own rentals? Could they have had a disgruntled tenant? Disgruntled contractor?
I could spend hours going through these deeds.

Also, Rusty stated he and Alan left for their respective gyms at 4:40am not 4:20am Human remains discovered near college campus in Dallas identified as missing businessman Alan White

Sorry if I got the time wrong for the gym departure. I took information provided on Websleuths by NamUs, which stated Alan left for the gym at 4:20AM.

Attachments

• alan white namus.jpeg
    alan white namus.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 16
Mod Note:
WS is a victim friendly platform. Speculative theories involving drug use are not allowed without MSM or LE statements to substantiate this type of speculation.

As speculation and theories are discussed, please consider how your words or speculation could impact the family, or victims memory, if they are unfounded in fact and negative in nature.

Here's a link that has a compilation of Dallas carjacking incidences. Pretty scary stuff.
carjacking

What springs out to me while reading those articles is that the perps took off with the car (if they were successful) and left the victims behind on the scene injured or just shaken. Or took the owners, took the money and then left them behind. There was a women found dead in a vehicle after a car jacking, she was just left in the car. Admittedly, I only opened the articles placed on the first 1,5 pages but this pattern of not going to the extra mile of going somewhere disposing of a body at some concealed place/woods etc. emerged. Just an observation.

IMHO

Last edited:
Carjacking and similar criminals are aware that if no one is hurt or missing, the popo is not going to put a priority on the case. In general they don't want the heat.

It's a loaner vehicle. AW is not going to put up a fight for the vehicle or his phone. Knowing about the body, the vehicle's condition .. I can't see it being a carjacking.

Untrue. I know a man who was robbed in broad daylight by one of the homeless there after he pumped gas and went inside to pay. His possessions were stolen from the bed of his truck.

Please note that I used non absolute terms like "most" and "usually" in the post.

Was your friend robbed by the homeless perpetrator (possessions taken by force, usually a weap0n)? Or, was his truck burglarized by a homeless person when he went inside to pay?

If the truck was burglarized, it would seem to support my statement that: Usually the homeless are dangerous only to other homeless.

Last edited:
New here, so forgive me if I unknowingly break any rules. Help me out to learn when I might inadvertently step on any toes.

I'm a former resident of Dallas, but I don't live in the Metroplex anymore.

1. I've seen questions as to why he worked out at the gym on Haskell rather than one closer to his house.

KPMG is located downtown on Ross Avenue. Pre-pandemic, he probably worked in the physical office.

LA Fitness on Haskell is between his house on Lexington and KPMG. Commuting into downtown in the morning can be a nightmare. At the least, you can count on heavy traffic every day. Likely to encounter less delay than if he was making the direct trip from closer to his home.

I lived in East Dallas area and worked downtown. I had creative ways to mostly avoid the inevitable daily traffic snarls and delays. (My routes always took me past the La Madeline on Lemmon Avenue. Love their coffee and can't resist the pastries.)

Just guessing on my part.

2. I doubt anyone from Paul Quinn has any responsibility. It isn't so much of an integral part of that neighborhood as the regular (and some transient) residents.

3. The neighborhood where his car and his body were found is Highland Hills. Definitely not among the safer places to be in the Dallas area.

Google searches for "Highland Hills" (Dallas/Oak Cliff, not the Mesquite neighborhood) give a considerable amount of info that informs about the nature of the immediate area.

One of the many problematic issues facing Highland Hills is homelessness, including many young adults (especially males) who are from there.

4. It's hard for me to believe that Alan White had any knowledge of the area, much less any familiarity with it. Thus, my opinion is that his presence there was not for the purpose of self harm.

5. "If you ain't from here, don't come here."

6. I'm leaning towards a carjacking gone bad that originated close to the RaceTrac. Possibly by someone who is from the Highland Hills area. Particularly one of the younger homeless guys, but that may very well be bias on my part.

Tragic loss for his loved ones.
Welcome! And great first post!

I also grew up & lived in East Dallas/Lakewood, but I no longer live there. Everything you said is spot on, and I also have a hard time believing Alan would have any knowledge of the Highland Hills/S. Dallas area. That’s my biggest obstacle in thinking suicide. I suppose if he wanted to make it look like a carjacking he could have googled “Dallas stolen cars” or something, but that’s the only thing that would make it make sense. I can’t get Kitty St. to come up no matter what I Google about Dallas auto theft. The lot his car was found in was pretty hidden and you wouldn’t just accidentally find it.

Your #6 has been my most likely theory all along, but nothing can be ruled out I guess!

What springs out to me while reading those articles is that the perps took off with the car (if they were successful) and left the victims behind on the scene injured or just shaken. Or took the owners, took the money and then left them behind. There was a women found dead in a vehicle after a car jacking, she was just left in the car. Admittedly, I only opened the articles placed on the first 1,5 pages but this pattern of not going to the extra mile of going somewhere disposing of a body at some concealed place/woods etc. emerged. Just an observation.

IMHO
Your observation is a keen one, and suggests this to be more of a personal nature. Which, aligns with the niggling speculation that I can't shake regarding some connection to the gym. Here's why I think that, and I'm going to break my own rule of not using my own personal experience.

I'm a gym rat, and work out at a nice gym. The membership fee is not cheap. However, price is not an obstacle for serious gym rats if a particular gym has equipment/amenities that they are especially interested in. As such, gyms tend to have a cornucopia of humanity that frequent them; and that's part of what makes it fun! Corporate folk, mom's, retired people, and some very serious fitness people. It is the serious "muscle heads" I want to focus on for a moment. Testosterone runs high as weights get clanged about. I have literally broken up imminent fights between amped up muscle abundant types. It is also this "type" that tends to feel they own the gym, and they are harsh and intolerant of anyone who they don't think fits in. (Disclaimer) - I have lots of muscle head friends at the gym and they are very calm, respectful, and pleasant; focused on their work outs.
However, my point being that there is a small percentage of "amped up" types that frequent gyms and tend to be bully-ish.

It is my amateur speculation that perhaps one of these bully-ish types didn't like Alan. If I were LE, I would be checking off this box.

Of course, it could be a crime of opportunity by someone lingering around the gas station. In my amateur profile, however, this is a hot head muscle abundant phobic neanderthal type who likely was associated with the chop shops or machine shops near where the porche was found.

This could all be malarky and clouded by my own personal experience...which I usually don't interject in to these threads. I just can't shake off the speculation about the gym. Please don't be offended muscle abundant people! Many of you are my friends at the gym!

Last edited:
Do we know whether that RaceTrac station has an in-store ATM? If it does, do we know whether Alan could have used it when he went in the store?
Gas buddy says they have an ATM, but doesn't specify whether it is indoors. There are also lots of comments about transients, some really uncalled for but it emphasizes the transient problem.

RaceTrac - 2506 Inwood Rd - Dallas, TX - GasBuddy.com

That's weird that it showed Suzi as the poster you quoted and not me. Odd.

Anyhoo....your observation is a keen one, and suggests this to be more of a personal nature. Which, aligns with the niggling speculation that I can't shake regarding to some connection to the gym. Here's why I think that, and I'm going to break my own rule of not using my own personal experience.

I'm a gym rat, and work out at a nice gym. The membership fee is not cheap. However, price is not an obstacle for serious gym rats if a particular gym has equipment/amenities that they are especially interested in. As such, gyms tend to have a cornucopia of humanity that frequent them; and that's part of what makes it fun! Corporate folk, mom's, retired people, and some very serious fitness people. It is the serious "muscle heads" I want to focus on for a moment. Testosterone runs high as weights get clanged about. I have literally broken up imminent fights between amped up muscle abundant types. It is also this "type" that tends to feel they own the gym, and they are harsh and intolerant of anyone who they don't think fits in. (Disclaimer) - I have lots of muscle head friends at the gym and they are very calm, respectful, and pleasant; focused on their work outs.
However, my point being that there is a small percentage of "amped up" types that frequent gyms and tend to be bully-ish.

It is my amateur speculation that perhaps one of these bully-ish types didn't like Alan. If I were LE, I would be checking off this box.

Of course, it could be a crime of opportunity by someone lingering around the gas station. In my amateur profile, however, this is a hot head muscle abundant phobic neanderthal type who likely was associated with the chop shops or machine shops near where the porche was found.

This could all be malarky and clouded by my own personal experience...which I usually don't interject in to these threads. I just can't shake off the speculation about the gym. Please don't be offended muscle abundant people! Many of you are my friends at the gym!

Hmmmm. That’s definitely something to think about, and I can see something just like this being the case. :(

That's weird that it showed Suzi as the poster you quoted and not me. Odd.

Anyhoo....your observation is a keen one, and suggests this to be more of a personal nature. Which, aligns with the niggling speculation that I can't shake regarding to some connection to the gym. Here's why I think that, and I'm going to break my own rule of not using my own personal experience.

Re BBM, fixed, thanks. It was a piece of a previous quote code left in the answer box which made it look like it wasn’t you.

As for the rest of your post, that’s also a theory as good as any other and needed to be checked out.
Surely by now LE looked around to see who might have had a grudge against AW.

Something I’ve been wondering about. All along in this case we’ve been going off the idea that dealerships don’t have the GPS tracking service enabled on loaner cars. But in another case I just learned that with OnStar, even if you don’t pay for the service, the GPS still tracks the car. This seems to be the case with the Lojak system in Infiniti. I don’t know what the Porsche system is called, but if you have GPS on a car it tracks unless you physically disable it. So does that mean the loaner would have had to be disabled?

Carjacking and similar criminals are aware that if no one is hurt or missing, the popo is not going to put a priority on the case. In general they don't want the heat.

I think you are right in that professional car jackers know that needless violence brings avoidable police attention.

When I lived in Socal years ago, a Russian mafia group had contracted to a hispanic gang to steal luxury cars using a "shopping list". The mafia group was in it for the long term.

Thus, guns were no problem, but the contractors had to make it clear to the victims that they only wanted the car- so less resistance. The gang was also forbidden from robbing the victims of jewelry, wallets, purse etc as that took time and increased the chances of "Victim cant get the ring off-car jacker getting angry" type violence.

The mafia group paid a premium price for the undamaged luxury cars. So, as you implied, the mafia group and the gang both "won" by avoiding violence.

But..... not all car jackers are professionals. Some give garbled or contradictory orders causing victims to freeze and thus not comply. Others give victims the impression that the car jackers seek to harm them, not just take the car. And still others escalate crimes on a whim to include say, kidnapping and forced ATM withdrawls.

Last edited:
Re BBM, fixed, thanks. It was a piece of a previous quote code left in the answer box which made it look like it wasn’t you.

As for the rest of your post, that’s also a theory as good as any other and needed to be checked out.
Surely by now LE looked around to see who might have had a grudge against AW.
Yes exactly. With the scant info we have...anything seems possible. As to LE having checked out grudges....well, likely the obvious ones. However, I'm not completely confident they would have connected this dot, or that anyone would have willingly provided that speculation....unless pushed. It seems as if the Dallas PD has their hands abundantly full.

Something I’ve been wondering about. All along in this case we’ve been going off the idea that dealerships don’t have the GPS tracking service enabled on loaner cars. But in another case I just learned that with OnStar, even if you don’t pay for the service, the GPS still tracks the car. This seems to be the case with the Lojak system in Infiniti. I don’t know what the Porsche system is called, but if you have GPS on a car it tracks unless you physically disable it. So does that mean the loaner would have had to be disabled?
Good question. That seems highly unlikely, doesn't it? Just for insurance purposes you would think the GPS would be activated. What a strange case.

New here, so forgive me if I unknowingly break any rules. Help me out to learn when I might inadvertently step on any toes.

I'm a former resident of Dallas, but I don't live in the Metroplex anymore.

1. I've seen questions as to why he worked out at the gym on Haskell rather than one closer to his house.

KPMG is located downtown on Ross Avenue. Pre-pandemic, he probably worked in the physical office.

LA Fitness on Haskell is between his house on Lexington and KPMG. Commuting into downtown in the morning can be a nightmare. At the least, you can count on heavy traffic every day. Likely to encounter less delay than if he was making the direct trip from closer to his home.

I lived in East Dallas area and worked downtown. I had creative ways to mostly avoid the inevitable daily traffic snarls and delays. (My routes always took me past the La Madeline on Lemmon Avenue. Love their coffee and can't resist the pastries.)

Just guessing on my part.

2. I doubt anyone from Paul Quinn has any responsibility. It isn't so much of an integral part of that neighborhood as the regular (and some transient) residents.

3. The neighborhood where his car and his body were found is Highland Hills. Definitely not among the safer places to be in the Dallas area.

Google searches for "Highland Hills" (Dallas/Oak Cliff, not the Mesquite neighborhood) give a considerable amount of info that informs about the nature of the immediate area.

One of the many problematic issues facing Highland Hills is homelessness, including many young adults (especially males) who are from there.

4. It's hard for me to believe that Alan White had any knowledge of the area, much less any familiarity with it. Thus, my opinion is that his presence there was not for the purpose of self harm.

5. "If you ain't from here, don't come here."

6. I'm leaning towards a carjacking gone bad that originated close to the RaceTrac. Possibly by someone who is from the Highland Hills area. Particularly one of the younger homeless guys, but that may very well be bias on my part.

Tragic loss for his loved ones.
Welcome Nancy! Terrific first post, and thank you for the perspective. Based on everything I've read about that particular RaceTrac and the transients surrounding it....your speculation seems to have a high probability of being correct.

How very sad for Alan and his family. Everything I've read about this Alan suggests an intelligent and kind man. His husband must be devastated. : (

After the vehicle was found LE or the car dealer himself could have downloaded the EVI from the board computer. IIRC among other things it would tell when the car was started, stopped with which speed it travelled and the route taken.

But..... not all car jackers are professionals. Some give garbled or contradictory orders causing victims to freeze and thus not comply. Others give victims the impression that the car jackers seek to harm them, not just take the car. And still others escalate crimes on a whim to include say, kidnapping and forced ATM withdrawls.
True. But we go back to the fact that he left RT in a locked vehicle full of gas. I noted that the windows were rolled up after he drove off. It would be tough for a professional to carjack someone in this situation.
Something happened after he safely left RT in a locked moving vehicle, 1.5 miles from home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member