Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree suicide shouldn’t be ruled out, but if that’s the case did he drive his car to the sketchy lot in South Dallas first? How would he know about that lot? It was somewhat off the beaten path and known to police for criminal things.
We definitely have way more questions than answers. That’s why I wish the police would tell us the basics that they know. They must have more info by now.

Let’s start here: Were there extensive searches around Kitty Street and we just never heard about it? (If so, why not do more with volunteers?) Or do they have reason to believe Alan was never at Kitty St?

It's interesting to me that despite the super sketchy area where the car was located, we've heard zero details about any kind of damage or stripping done to the car, that stolen vehicles generally sustain. If that's the case, that there wasn't any damage at all, you really do have to wonder who parked it there, and why. Odds are, it wasn't a criminal known for boosting cars since... it was right there, sort of waiting to be found.

I agree suicide shouldn’t be ruled out, but if that’s the case did he drive his car to the sketchy lot in South Dallas first? How would he know about that lot? It was somewhat off the beaten path and known to police for criminal things.

I think it’s entirely possible Alan left the car somewhere else with the keys in the ignition (near a body or water or transportation hub, maybe) and it was taken for a joyride and dumped on Kitty Street.

Ok thanks. I will search for it because I’m looking at Google earth and don’t see any sketchy area for him to park behind a business. I see the Racetrac, Church’s and Auto Zone but it’s basically all one big parking lot/driving area.
Look south on Maple from the Maple and Inwood intersection. Gentrification on Maple is way behind gentrification on Inwood.

Nearly all of Maple south from Inwood can be categorized as sketchy. The area in the immediate vicinity of the Maria Luna park could well be truly dangerous at night.

As for businesses to park behind, pretty much every strip mall and free standing business on Maple will either have a back parking lot or an alley where goods can be loaded or unloaded from the various small businesses.

In short, there are plenty of sketch areas and plenty of back alleys / lots for discreet parking with in about say, a 2-4 minute drive from where he disappeared.

In addition, there are some gay oriented businesses a little further down Maple (say, 5-10 minutes away) that may, or may not, have the best reputations in regards to clientele and employees. Though these businesses would probably not be open at 0600, questionable clientele and shady employees may live close to their favorite entertainment / work.

Last edited:
YOU would be surprised, because you’re not in the midst of a mental health crisis :). I don’t think there’s self-harm here. But standards of reasonableness and logic are rarely applicable to suicide, IMO. They confirm appointments, schedule meetings, re-fill medications, mow the lawn. I hope this doesn’t come across as condescending!
With all due respect, you don’t know what I’m going through or have gone through in my life and/or what a family member of mine has. I understand suicide. I was giving my opinion on this specific case just like everyone else on here. MOO

Look south on Maple from the Maple and Inwood intersection. Gentrification on Maple is way behind gentrification on Inwood.

Nearly all of Maple south from Inwood can be categorized as sketchy. The area in the immediate vicinity of the Maria Luna park could well be truly dangerous at night.

As for businesses to park behind, pretty much every strip mall and free standing business on Maple will either have a back parking lot or an alley where goods can be loaded or unloaded from the various small businesses.

In short, there are plenty of sketch areas and plenty of back alleys / lots for discreet parking with in about say, a 2-4 minute drive from where he disappeared.

In addition, there are some gay oriented businesses a little further down Maple (say, 5-10 minutes away) that may, or may not, have the best reputations in regards to clientele and employees. Though these businesses would probably not be open at 0600, questionable clientele and shady employees may live close to their favorite entertainment / work.
Thanks Cryptic. Good information.

SBBM
This is pretty key imo. Maybe separate of the husband the family came forward with worries about the relationship, or maybe partner had an idea of someone else who he could be with or harmed by, or maybe fam was witness to the beginning of a downward spiral.

would love to think that he had reasons to leave and is elsewhere enjoying a different life where he wants to be...

jmo
Someone who wants to run away probably wouldn't go work out first. That just seems really odd. Yes someone who wants to run away might not cancel a work meeting, because doing so might raise red flags to other people, but a workout is totally voluntary. I could see him claiming he was going to the gym to throw his partner off, but he actually went to the gym and worked out. There's no way I would do that if I were going to either kill myself or run away voluntarily. If he committed suicide, where's the body? How did the car get to where it was? It seems obvious to me that someone got to him and he was completely taken off guard and surprised about it.

It seems like when the police don't say much and the family doesn't say much, the police have someone particular in mind. Think of the Suzanne morphew case. For months and months people speculated about her side of the family and why they weren't speaking. Now we know that her sister, and probably many other family members, suspected Barry right away. The same goes for the police. They reached out to the public a little bit, but not on a grand scale. I get the feeling that they have a particular person in mind and are trying to gather up that evidence. Interestingly, both involve the quick sale of a property as well. Police seem to find that suspicious, but I'm certainly not speculating or accusing anyone of anything.

I just thought of something to add to this. If you did want to run away, wouldn't you wait until after the lucrative sale of a house went through? You could take the money and run so to speak. As it is now, his partner got all the money, which seems like a really stupid thing to do (and I know that Alan was not stupid based on everything he's accomplished). I wonder if the sale of the property was due to them secretly splitting up. They say that in Hollywood (and elsewhere), a big clue with regard to a breakup is the sale of a marital property. One could argue that a breakup might lead to suicide, but one could also argue that it could lead to murder. That's what makes this case so confusing, and that's just for starters!

Last edited:
Yes, that's true. I taught psychiatric nursing for years and suicidal people will confirm your statement. Some plan in detail, some are more spontaneous.

I keep thinking of the Ray Gricar case from 2005. Of course in the Gricar case we have more to go on, though still not much.

1. Interesting case. I had not heard about RG. In my opinion: RG (likely, though could have been someone else) destroyed his laptop in the river. How despicable that he decided not to go after Sandusky. RG's case reminds me of Jake C.'s case. (JC also talked about wanting to start a new life, but also seems at risk of self harm. Is a similar feeling mystery to me.)

As far as we know so far, Alan is an upstanding person, had nothing to hide, and had not previously talked about wanting to start a new life nor had mental health issues.

All of this IMO.

2. What was your professional experience with those who attempted to take their own lives? How likely were they to have had previous episodes of mental health issues, to leave a "suicide note," to have talked about it ahead of time, or shown enough red flags that those close to them may have been concerned it would happen?

Last edited:
re: suicide. This is where I come back to: if he committed suicide he couldn't hide his own body. I mean that in the literal sense - if he killed himself, where's his body? Unless he dug a hole for himself, covered himself up, and THEN killed himself. Which is unlikely. So his body should be out in the open somewhere. And then why was the car left where it was? If he killed himself his body would have to be within walking distance, unless someone else was involved, which at that point I no longer consider suicide.

re: suicide. This is where I come back to: if he committed suicide he couldn't hide his own body. I mean that in the literal sense - if he killed himself, where's his body? Unless he dug a hole for himself, covered himself up, and THEN killed himself. Which is unlikely. So his body should be out in the open somewhere. And then why was the car left where it was? If he killed himself his body would have to be within walking distance, unless someone else was involved, which at that point I no longer consider suicide.
It’s not that uncommon for suicide victims not to be found right away. Even if this was suicide, we don’t know if it happened after parking at Kitty street or not. If it was by Kitty Street, there’s LOTS of woods and some water in walking distance. Walking distance is pretty far for a fit person.

Still I am not stuck on suicide at all. Just wishing for some very basic updates. Or even some subtle cues about what is presumed.

ETA- This is what is really driving my comments: If the family went silent because the evidence points to suicide, I personally don’t want to be part of pushing the case to the point where a big announcement about that presumption must be made against the family’s wishes. However, if foul play is presumed, I do want to keep pushing. Because Alan and his family deserve answers. JMO.

Attachments

• 21D130C7-19E4-4750-91EF-22123012AB20.jpeg
    21D130C7-19E4-4750-91EF-22123012AB20.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
If you drove by that particular gas station all of this speculation would cease. I drove past it the other day and that was THE sketchiest place I’ve ever been...more disturbing than LA’s skid row. I’m shocked it is in the heart of Dallas. There’s a homeless encampment between the church’s and gas station and there were about 20 homeless people milling about and I am certain I witnessed a drug deal occurring right in the open.

If you drove by that particular gas station all of this speculation would cease. I drove past it the other day and that was THE sketchiest place I’ve ever been...more disturbing than LA’s skid row. I’m shocked it is in the heart of Dallas. There’s a homeless encampment between the church’s and gas station and there were about 20 homeless people milling about and I am certain I witnessed a drug deal occurring right in the open.

So, what are you saying then? Something happened in that parking lot? Because he was seen driving off from there and his car was last seen on cameras at a cross roads near his home.

So, what are you saying then? Something happened in that parking lot? Because he was seen driving off from there and his car was last seen on cameras at a cross roads near his home.
Do you recall what cross roads that was? I recall something a bit different, that down the road from the RaceTrak in the direction of Mr. White's home was a business with surveillance cam and the Porsche Mr. White was driving was not captured on vid passing that business, suggesting that he turned or turned around rather than proceeding directly home from the Church's Chicken parking lot.

I just hope Alan is found soon. I have my theories, but I'll keep them to myself for now. We just don't have enough information. I have a feeling the data requests are back by now and pretty revealing. MOO
I'd be interested in hearing your theories. Nothing wrong with building a hypothesis based on the available, limited facts (aka sleuthing) And posting it on a 'sleuthing' website. Right?!

We don’t know what he knew about that part of town and what he didn’t. At least I don’t. If he committed suicide, he could have just drove somewhere to abandon the car, without really knowing or being bothered by that is a sketchy part of town, he might just drove somewhere else than home impulsively.
My feeling that this could be a suicide comes mostly from the “endangered missing” label fortified by the seemingly silent husband. That, and my firsthand experience that people do kill themselves even if they were the light of every party and nobody ever knew or suspected something was wrong with them.

As we know so little, the idea that someone else could still be responsible can’t be ruled out either.

We don’t know what he knew about that part of town and what he didn’t. At least I don’t. If he committed suicide, he could have just drove somewhere to abandon the car, without really knowing or being bothered by that is a sketchy part of town, he might just drove somewhere else than home impulsively.
My feeling that this could be a suicide comes mostly from the “endangered missing” label fortified by the seemingly silent husband. That, and my firsthand experience that people do kill themselves even if they were the light of every party and nobody ever knew or suspected something was wrong with them.

As we know so little, the idea that someone else could still be responsible can’t be ruled out either.
Considering the proximity to chop shops and a land fill, foul play seems the most likely I speculate.

amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member