Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry this is later response ...but I have an idea that gas stations can require customers to hold the pump handle while pumping gas as maybe a deterrent to drive offs?
I think the reason is due to spills. Sometimes the mechanism does not cut off when the tank is full. Gas then overflows the tank and onto the ground.

If the customer went into the store while trusting the mechanism, the amount of spill can be pretty significant. I thinks some states have banned the mechanism as an environmental hazard.

I've always assumed "endangered" meant the NCIC description (not having to meet all four criteria). Yes, I agree... the pc should explain it.

No matter. We are all very concerned/worried he hasn't been located.

It appears Texas has all sorts of alerts (clear, amber, blue, silver, endangered, camo)... I never realized.

What is a CLEAR Alert? Understanding various alerts for missing persons in Texas
This was not an alert that was sent out, it is merely letting the public know that the report that was documented has been changed. We just don't know what made it change.

On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missings Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.

Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

Hoping we can move past the pump. I brought that up early and mentioned it because of the short time he appeared to be pumping gas. We have since learned it might be because motion activated cameras were used /or video may have been edited. Regardless, pump hold is irrelevant.

If one wanted to dig into what KPMG’s 2019 assessment of Dallas Police Dept’s staffing they would look here. A search thru the document with terms “youth operations” is enlightening as far as staff and caseload.
https://dallascityhall.com/government/Council Meeting Documents/updated_dallas-police-department-staffing-study_082619.pdf

This was not an alert that was sent out, it is merely letting the public know that the report that was documented has been changed. We just don't know what made it change.

On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missings Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.

Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

Not an alert. Got it!

'Sorry I even mentioned and confused it.

Pure speculation, and my opinion only:

I still think there is a chance that AW's disappearance may have been the result of a crime - and that if it was related to a crime, that that crime might share some features or characteristics (or have some things in common) with an aggravated kidnapping crime that took place on November 4, 2020, at 7:30 am, in the 3300 block of Hedgerow Drive.

The Hedgerow Drive location is within 1/2 mile of AW's house, and within four blocks of the Inwood - Lemmon intersection (which is on the route from the RaceTrac gas station to AW's house).

Could LE have possibly found some circumstantial evidence that now leads them to believe that the two events might somehow be related - hence the change in AW's missing persons status?

Jmo

Last edited:
I've always assumed "endangered" meant the NCIC description (not having to meet all four criteria). Yes, I agree... the pc should explain it.

No matter. We are all very concerned/worried he hasn't been located.

It appears Texas has all sorts of alerts (clear, amber, blue, silver, endangered, camo)... I never realized.

What is a CLEAR Alert? Understanding various alerts for missing persons in Texas
(Slightly OT: Texas really does have a camo alert, it's not just this poster being hilarious as I initially thought!)

I still think there is a chance that AW's disappearance may have been the result of a crime - and that if it was related to a crime, that that crime might share some features or characteristics (or have some things in common) with an aggravated kidnapping crime that took place on November 4, 2020, at 7:30 am, in the 3300 block of Hedgerow Drive.

The Hedgerow Drive location is within 1/2 mile of AW's house, and within four blocks of the Inwood - Lemmon intersection (which is on the route from the RaceTrac gas station to AW's house).

Could LE have possibly found some circumstantial evidence that now leads them to believe that the two events might somehow be related - hence the change in AW's missing persons status?

Jmo

I thought both perps involved in the crime you stated above were caught leaving the original vehicle shortly after the kidnapping?

I thought both perps involved in the crime you stated above were caught leaving the original vehicle shortly after the kidnapping?
AW disappeared on 10/22, two weeks before the two perps were apprehended (after fleeing the vehicle) at the conclusion of the later Hedgerow Dr. aggravated-kidnapping crime (which also involved a "carjacking" - or at least the temporary theft of the victim's car while the victims were still in it). The victims were held hostage and taken to various ATM's. Ransom was later (or at one time) demanded of the family

Eta to add details

Last edited:

Jmo
Wow! Good catch. Did some reading on it, that might be something to watch.. lots of similarities I could very well see this being connected. Very creepy though and makes me really sad to think about

AW disappeared on 10/22, two weeks before the two perps were apprehended (after fleeing the vehicle) at the conclusion of the later Hedgerow Dr. aggravated-kidnapping crime (which also involved a "carjacking" - or at least the temporary theft of the victim's car while the victims were still in it). The victims were held hostage and taken to various ATM's. Ransom was later (or at one time) demanded of the family

Eta to add details

One can assume the loaner car was processed; could fingerprints from the car match those of the assailants in this crime?

Jmo

Kind of interesting that at least one of those alleged kidnapping perpetrators has resided in at least 2 addresses within a few miles on either side of where the AW's car was found. Small world, huh?

It’s pretty far and in a totally different part of town. I’d estimate 15 miles and you’d have to weave through the downtown highway mixmaster.

I drove by the Race Track this morning on the way to work. It’s a pretty busy area. If anyone wants me to scope anything out nearby, let me know.
I believe Alan was dumped over a bridge near the racetrack. North on inwood rd, Bridge over Trinity River driving towards south dallas w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay