TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All I see is this -- from July 21, 2021:
"While the cause of death hasn’t been determined, the case is being investigated by homicide now. Until the body was found, the case was under missing persons."
Cause of Alan White's death still not determined - Dallas Voice

Is there something else?
All I see is this -- from July 21, 2021:
"While the cause of death hasn’t been determined, the case is being investigated by homicide now. Until the body was found, the case was under missing persons."
Cause of Alan White's death still not determined - Dallas Voice

Is there something else?
The meaning of the cause of dead means to me, not determined - how he was killed:
And I am sure in MO he was either shot, strangled or stabbed to dead in his car and then discarded in that wooded area!
It said the front seats in his Porsche where wet! LE did very little to really investigate and why was Texas Equusearch not called!
No wonder Dallas is a city of high crime when you look at the understaffed police force ! A sad case all the way you look!
MOO !

Remains recovered going on 4 months and not a peep out of LE.
Is that consistent with there being a killer on the loose, the community endangered?
First post, I think, but I've been following Alan's case from the beginning. I may be completely wrong, but I could see 2 situations in which the police wouldn't be commenting on a homicide:
1) They have no more pertinent information in regards to the killer's identity or how they got ahold of Alan than has already been made public or
2) They have a suspect/information that they don't want made public, and they're fairly certain Alan was a targeted victim and they're not expecting (or watching for evidence of targeting) further victims.

Completely MOO.

First post, I think, but I've been following Alan's case from the beginning. I may be completely wrong, but I could see 2 situations in which the police wouldn't be commenting on a homicide:
1) They have no more pertinent information in regards to the killer's identity or how they got ahold of Alan than has already been made public or
2) They have a suspect/information that they don't want made public, and they're fairly certain Alan was a targeted victim and they're not expecting (or watching for evidence of targeting) further victims.

Completely MOO.

ITA! They either know a lot or know nothing. (I wish we knew.)

Do you have any hunches regarding which explanation is most likely?

Welcome to Websleuths!!!

Completely MOO.

Some variation on #2, which would explain the silence from the family.

(I certainly don’t mean to imply that his husband should have been doing lots interviews/vigils. Silence does not mean the family doesn’t care or is uninvolved. My guess is that something was revealed early in the investigation, and the husband believes it isn’t his or Alan’s or their combined best interests to make it public.)

What in the world happened to this man within an hour or so of this image being captured?
What is the big secret, the unrevealed info?
mqdefault-jpg.311037

Attachments

• mqdefault.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,082
Has Alan's husband made any public statement or offered a reward for information leading to the capture of a suspect in this case?

No. He did several interviews when Alan went missing. The only recent statement by anyone in Alan’s family was by his brother to Dateline shortly after his body was discovered:

“My brother was a good man, with no known enemies; this is why this is so baffling to us,” Alan’s brother told Dateline on Sunday. “But alas, someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD.”

Has Alan's husband made any public statement or offered a reward for information leading to the capture of a suspect in this case?
He sat down for an interview, taped at his home (since sold), joined by Mr. White's grieving mum, in the days after the disappearance. Excerpts here:
Nothing at all since then that I know of.

Interesting that Mr. White's last known location, fueling up at a RaceTrac,

mqdefault-jpg.311037

was only around a mile from home he shared with Mr. Jenkins. It seems that Mr. White did not make it home...
Why would Mr. White not have gone home, or been prevented from going home? So strange.

IIUC, LE has Mr. White's phone, having found it in the Macan just days after Mr. White disappeared. "The car was found a week later about a mile from where White’s body was eventually found. ...In addition, White’s phone was found in the car and police were waiting on warrants from Apple to unlock the phone".

Alan White’s body found - Dallas Voice

I know my phone tracks my whereabouts - to within a matter of like 10 feet or so - at all times. Once a month, my BFF Google sends me a report showing everywhere I've been. I wonder if Mr. White's phone shows where it - and presumably he himself - went after departing RaceTrac. I'll bet it does, and I'll bet LE knows Mr. White's route that day...

Last edited:
He sat down for an interview, taped at his home (since sold), joined by Mr. White's grieving mum, in the days after the disappearance. Excerpts here:
Noth TRUNCATED FOR BREVITY BY ME...ce

I know my phone tracks my whereabouts - to within a matter of like 10 feet or so - at all times. Once a month, my BFF Google sends me a report showing everywhere I've been. I wonder if Mr. White's phone shows where it - and presumably he himself - went after departing RaceTrac. I'll bet it does, and I'll bet LE knows Mr. White's route that day...
I have the same model of the Macan he was driving, except mine is white. The door lock feature is selectable i.e. the doors do not lock automatically when you pull away unless you set it to do that. Furthermore, the doors unlocking when you put it in park is also selectable. It is possible that the doors were not set to lock when he drove away or were set to unlock when he put the car in park and that made him vulnerable stopped at a light on the way home. There is very little space in the car for a phone, the "phone spot" is inside the storage area in the console and it is pressed up against the side of the compartment. You could easily miss the phone if you were a criminal and didn't know that was it's spot. You need a pairing code to activate the car, this is usually registered to the owner, in this case the dealership. Porsche connect should have been able to locate the car much sooner. If the car had been locked and he was driving in little or no traffic than I doubt very much he could have been carjacked, escape would have been as easy as hitting the gas; however, he may have been vulnerable in a car with settings set differently than he was used to.

The remote and keyfob is also different from most other cars. Keyless entry is a add-on. There is an actual electronic keyfob inside the car, stuck in a slot like an old-fashioned key, in addition to the keyless remote. You would need to understand how that worked or you would spend some time figuring out that you had to turn the inside keyfob to start the car. It's not on the steering column, its on the left-hand lower part of the dash.

There is so much about this case that doesn't make sense and also does make sense from a carjacking perspective.

The silence from LE for me suggests that there is evidence of self-harm.

I have the same model of the Macan he was driving, except mine is white. The door lock feature is selectable i.e. the doors do not lock automatically when you pull away unless you set it to do that. Furthermore, the doors unlocking when you put it in park is also selectable. It is possible that the doors were not set to lock when he drove away or were set to unlock when he put the car in park and that made him vulnerable stopped at a light on the way home. There is very little space in the car for a phone, the "phone spot" is inside the storage area in the console and it is pressed up against the side of the compartment. You could easily miss the phone if you were a criminal and didn't know that was it's spot. You need a pairing code to activate the car, this is usually registered to the owner, in this case the dealership. Porsche connect should have been able to locate the car much sooner. If the car had been locked and he was driving in little or no traffic than I doubt very much he could have been carjacked, escape would have been as easy as hitting the gas; however, he may have been vulnerable in a car with settings set differently than he was used to.

The remote and keyfob is also different from most other cars. Keyless entry is a add-on. There is an actual electronic keyfob inside the car, stuck in a slot like an old-fashioned key, in addition to the keyless remote. You would need to understand how that worked or you would spend some time figuring out that you had to turn the inside keyfob to start the car. It's not on the steering column, its on the left-hand lower part of the dash.

There is so much about this case that doesn't make sense and also does make sense from a carjacking perspective.

The silence from LE for me suggests that there is evidence of self-harm.
I agree. I have the same model and year. Early on when this first happened I tested different things with my car. Set my alarm off a couple times. Car-jacking for me never seemed feasible. I do typically keep my phone in the cup holder though so it is visible.
I am not sure about self-harm. If he was found with the car maybe, but I do not understand why Alan would make it look suspicious by parking the car in a not so nice area.
IMOO I think it was someone known to Alan or non-threatening. I am not pointing at the family or anything. Just someone he would be comfortable with. MOO!!!

I agree. I have the same model and year. Early on when this first happened I tested different things with my car. Set my alarm off a couple times. Car-jacking for me never seemed feasible. I do typically keep my phone in the cup holder though so it is visible.
I am not sure about self-harm. If he was found with the car maybe, but I do not understand why Alan would make it look suspicious by parking the car in a not so nice area.
IMOO I think it was someone known to Alan or non-threatening. I am not pointing at the family or anything. Just someone he would be comfortable with. MOO!!!
The only thing I can think is that he didn't want to damage the car and cause his family an issue so he parked it somewhere and walked away.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back